Scotty

Think we're going to play the boys against Peterhead. Ordinarily, that would constitute playing a weakened team, but on this occasion I think it's the opposite! If some of U17s get a run out, they have deserved it and the "first" team should have it made clear that their places are on the line. Any decent performances should be rewarded with replacing the duds without a second thought.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

6 minutes ago, PerfICT said:

Think we're going to play the boys against Peterhead. Ordinarily, that would constitute playing a weakened team, but on this occasion I think it's the opposite! If some of U17s get a run out, they have deserved it and the "first" team should have it made clear that their places are on the line. Any decent performances should be rewarded with replacing the duds without a second thought.

As this is quite possibly going to be the only competition this season that we have any hope of progressing in, surely we should 'have a real go at it' and play our strongest team against Peterhead.  I. along with Robbo it would seem, have no idea what this might be. It could mean, as you suggest, playing some of the youngsters.   Whatever side we put out, it will add significantly  to our current woes if we were to lose, at home, against a Div 2 outfit.

I know it's an old cliche, but really what do they do in training?  Yesterday, the entire team looked unfit, poor on the ball, poor awareness, no drive and as static as a bunch of statues.  I'm not someone who calls for the manager's head when they've essentially only just come in the door, but it clearly isn't working.  Whether it's his fault or the players or both, they obviously aren't reacting to his methods and no-matter what ideas he has, they seemed to be doomed to fail.  I think the time has come for Robbo to stand aside, where he can leave with his integrity intact and for the good of everyone else.  It might not even be his fault, but something isn't working and it's time for someone else to come in and bring new ideas to the table.

Edited by Renegade
  • Agree 1

Not much more to add to what has been said. Positives, a clean sheet, OFW back, better defensively than before and no defeat. Negatives, no shots on target, poor play middle to front and a better team than Q of S would have punished us. Only defence, Vigurs, Trafford, Baird and Bell looked to be trying yesterday. As for the subs, don't quite get the criticism of Calder, sure he didn't do much but at least he put in our only decent cross which is more than Mulreany has managed to do in god knows how many games. Worrying times and not helped by dreadful refereeing again. Tremarco's and Trafford's bookings were nonsensical and Ra, ven's was soft as well. Equally bad tackles from Queens but no action taken. Rankin showed clear dissent to the referee but nothing happened. Number of bookings is worrying but many of them should not have been from the games I have seen but will cost us dear soon with suspensions. I also don't think Warren should get his place back after suspension as defence better with out him and Vigurs more vocal as captain.

Coming to this late as I was in Inverness without advanced IT equipment.

Definitely one of the worst games I've ever seen. QoS were surprisingly poor too but they had the consolation of a few decent attempts and some decent form earier in the season. No punch up front and still some worrying defending, saved by OFW. I thought our yellows were deserved and there could have been more for some of the daft tackles. I liked the comedically awful QoS free-kick too, but don't forget the ICT (forget who it was) fresh-air shot at the edge of the box  in the second half at a time when we had a wee bit of pressure.

It's early days and I'm not a Mad Manager Sacker but the team and club need to take action before too long. Can't see Brechin getting off the bottom but Falkirk are getting back on track and we need to do the same.

• Like 1

I won't say anymore than has already been said about the lacklustre performance yesterday. If Gary Warren is a liability in defence then why not play him up front with Connor Bell next week? He can't do any worse than the current front two. The Sunday morning water resistance training at the Aquadome clearly isn't doing the players much good, certainly not in fitness terms.

Agree with Renegade. I thought Calder, along with Mulraney, looked uninterested for the most part. I know these guys don't get long to impress but Robertson is hardly being given much reason to start them when they turn in half arsed efforts.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

23 hours ago, DoofersDad said:

Losing to Peterhead should be unthinkable, but I don't think many of us will be surprised if we do. In terms of morale this is now a huge game for us. 

Bet365 showing odds of 11/2 (6.50) for a Peterhead win. Giving money away!!?? :ponder:

Edited by Gringo

23 hours ago, PerfICT said:

Robbo himself said about the youth team "if you're good enough, you're old enough"...we really should be seriously considering some of the youth players playing in the 1st team...some of the 1st team seem too comfortable in the knowledge that their place is safe, no matter how bad they play.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• tm4tj unpinned this topic