Remember this guy............

tm4tj

7 minutes ago, Renegade said:

Zchusschen is of course the man who Robbo said was a striker who'd make a 'big difference' and 'would reach the top of Scottish football'...

He will get to the 'top'of the country' when we loan him to Wick Academy.

Video is  amazing!

The guy shown  here has a  cool head, is a thinker, and has an absolutely outstanding image in his mind of exactly where the goal is and how to enter it with panache.

Sitting on the sidelines will never do him or our ICT club any good at all.  e need goals.

John Robertson., what is the  score here regarding playing him and why has he not featured almost at all this season?

That video shows a silky smooth and quick mind, bejabbers. 

A gobsmacked Scarlet  Pimple . 

What we have seen of him when he has not been injured he performed nothing like the guy in the video even against Clach :ohmy: when he comes back into the team I would be delighted if he could play like that but I am not optimistic.

Pretty unimpressive against Stirling where he got nearly the whole second half, and Forfar, where he got 20 minutes but looked completely inept and disinterested. Also got 20 at Dunfermline when the game was already lost. I see he got a start at home to Falkirk but I wasn't there, and he was subbed after an hour which tells its own story.

Both Susan and Collin Seedorf are currently receiving treatment for injuries.Not thought  to be serious injuries, more niggling than persisting. They are about at the club, they attend games, light training / physio work permitting and could be back  in a couple of weeks. Probably Seedorf back ahead of Susan. 

A number of the new signings showed potential on first few appearances but for some unknown reason lack of ambition and lack of application soon set in and that potential seems to have gone out the window. Makes me wonder what is really going on '' in the dressing room'' could the root cause lie there? confidence being undermined etc or could it have something to do with the coaching ? such as dampening on flair or trying to stereotype how they should play. These are things that are niggling in my mind.  Worrying thoughts.

• Agree 1

I agree that it is very worrying.  This club built it's success on taking players who were under-performing elsewhere and getting them to blossom here.  Since Butcher left it is difficult to think of anyone other than Tremarco who seems to have developed as a player.  Of the current crop of recruits, nobody yet seems to be moving in the right direction, and whilst I appreciate that it might still be early days, the signs are not good.

I think Elsdon and Calder are of particular note as they have backgrounds with big English clubs with good youth set ups.  Elsdon is still on Middlesbrough's books and has caps at England  U17 level.  Calder had been on Villa's books for years before being finally released.  Both were clearly felt by a variety of experienced big club coaches to have the potential to play at a decent level.  The opportunity of first team football here should be really motivating for them and allowing them to develop.  Instead, both look not just low on confidence but lost.  They look as though they haven't a clue where they are supposed to be and what they are supposed to be doing within the side.  These are not rubbish players.  These are lads with potential who are playing poorly because there are problems with the club.

I don't think there is deliberate dampening of flair.  That may have been true of Hughes with his more structured and disciplined approach and emphasis on possession, but both Foran and Robertson want the team to play a style that excites the fans.  It was Foran who signed Mulraney because he was a flair player.  Unfortunately, the club has been totally incapable of nurturing his talent and incorporating it into the team as a whole.  

In addition, the last 3 seasons seem to be a constant cycle of players getting injured (often in training) and then taking far longer to return to the team than you would expect.

There is clearly much that is wrong behind the scenes and not least, in the Boardroom.  We now have a very small and inexperienced Board, but the buck stops with them.  We need to get the Board up to strength and they need to start asking some very serious questions.  There are some things which are fundamentally wrong within the club at the moment.  The Board needs to identify what they are and develop an action plan to deal with them.

Personally, I have to be grateful to Zchusschen. I used to lie awake at night trying to decide whether Vetle Andersen or Marco de Barros was the worst player I ever saw play for ICT.

Thanks to Zchusschen, I now sleep soundly at night.

Edited by Kingsmills

28 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

Personally, I have to be grateful to Zchusschen. I used to lie awake at night trying to decide whether Vetle Andersen or Marco de Barros was the worst player I ever saw play for ICT.

Thanks to Zchusschen, I now sleep soundly at night.

What?   No Lionel Djebi-Zadi on your short list even?

• Funny 1