We're do we go from here

bigman

We have a goalkeeper and 2 fullbacks a captain spents his game either kicking opponents or waving his arms about. A midfield player who seems to be lost and out of his depth and the rest who wouldn,t get a game in the highland league. What has gone wrong, is it poor leadership at all levels or just reality kicking in? 

We've been broken down To the lowest turn

Bein' on the bottom line Sure ain't no fun

But if we should be relegated Huh, from the Championship

We'll just move back on up And still carry on

Oh (Hold on) hold on (Hold on) hold on Ooh, aah, baby (Hold on) hold on (Hold on) ooh ooh aah

The only way is up, baby For you and me now The only way is up, baby For you and me now

Aah :bluesbros:

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Is it down to the loch I fear?

Play your best players: OFW, Raven, Warren, Polworth, Vigurs, Trafford, McKay

Play players that can possibly get better: Seedorf, Bell

Play the best of the rest in a formation that maximises our strengths, i.e. midfield and defence.

Now I know many of these best players are past their best or have other weaknesses but they are still our best. With the lack of goalscorers and creative talents, that means getting point by other means than a striker. So, probably wingbacks at this stage:

OFW

Seedorf Raven Warren McKay Tremarco

Trafford Polworth Vigurs

Bell

+1 rotating other until someone shows a bit of spirit

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

We have a goalkeeper and two full backs just now but will that be the case in January?  Lets not forget that in an act of unbelievable incompetence we are actively trying to get rid of two of those players. 

• Agree 3
  • Confused 1

There is no short fix for this, due to the lack of money, do what Ferguson did at Man Utd set up a scouting group especially in the central belt where most promising youngsters will come from, put them in digs and pay them more than they get at their current clubs, outside the OF and perhaps Aberdeen the young lads get paid buttons. There needs to be a conveyor of youngsters coming up to the club because that is the future for ICT we don't have the money to attract even premier reserve players nor do many want to come to this part of Scotland. The hook has to be if they are good enough they will go into the 1st team to showcase their skills and get a move to a premiership club it's the only sustainable long term path unless a sugar daddy buys the club. Football and footballers have become too expensive even for the moderately rich.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Renegade said:

The poor spelling and grammar in the thread title makes me sad.

Stop being such a Bannerman.

And to answer the OP's question - League 1, if nothing changes...

On 01/10/2017 at 11:31 AM, davidg said:

We have a goalkeeper and two full backs just now but will that be the case in January?  Lets not forget that in an act of unbelievable incompetence we are actively trying to get rid of two of those players. 

On 01/10/2017 at 3:23 PM, Robert said:

And if Tremarco stays fit, I wouldn't be surprised if we get offers for him.

I think that was the point that davidg was making :wink:

• Agree 1