Polworth v Kellacher

7 hours ago, Scarlet Pimple said:

Did L Polworth actually touch  Mr. Kellacher with his hand or closed fist?If not, was his  posture so frightening that Mr Kellacher collapsed in a  heap of fear to justify a statement that Polworth assaulted him?  If so, could Polly state in his defense that  the cursing and swearing at him by K. was enough to enrage him, constituted a verbal assault and that was not his fault etc. 

I think the point which has been made many times on this redundant thread is, no one knows what happened except those in the dugout. This has been trial by photograph and fodder for the winey, old clique who take every opportunity to spout negative nonsense like spoiled wee boys. (Not aimed at you SP)

What I do know is that this event started IN the dugout AFTER LP sat down. Of course all the loyal supporters did not see that but hey, there's photographs right? The matter has been dealt with internally and has been resolved, they are both professionals and understand things happen in the heat of the moment. So how about ending this witch-hunt and getting back to supporting the team?

Alternatively, pick up a copy of Fridays Courier and read the letter from the Chairman. 

Edited by AncientMariner
(Not aimed at you SP)
  • Agree 2

9 hours ago, PumpFake said:

Yes. 

"Assault is defined in Scots law as a physical attack on another which is intended to cause bodily injury or which puts the victim in a state of fear that he or she may be about to suffer bodily injury."

Did they actually make physical contact though? The pictures are inconclusive. 

Edited by Renegade

46 minutes ago, Renegade said:

Intent to cause bodily injury? Inconclusive. 

Read the bit after "or". Kellacher would obviously never bring charges anyway but if he wanted to, I think he would have a case.

27 minutes ago, PumpFake said:

Read the bit after "or". Kellacher would obviously never bring charges anyway but if he wanted to, I think he would have a case.

What you think is irrelevant because you don't know anything about what happened. Will someone please close this thread, it's just getting stupid now. 

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 2

1 hour ago, AncientMariner said:

What you think is irrelevant because you don't know anything about what happened. Will someone please close this thread, it's just getting stupid now. 

Yeah, let's close the thread because some random doesn't like it. What an odd request.

Hand bags. These kind of things used to happen length of the country on the training ground. Tempers rise. Especially when everyone is feeling the strain. 

Tell them to suck it up, shake hands and get on with the job, or leave. 

Not sure what Kellacher thinks he'll achieve by giving Polly dogs abuse to the point he rises to hit him. With any luck it will awaken a bit of fire in him on the pitch.

That being said he's surrounded by dross. The tactics don't seem to be great either. 

I do not think it is time to shut down this thread - serious questions remain unanswered by the board - why has their " mission statement " on bad behaviour not been adhered to - at the time it was welcomed & unequivocal in its meaning - any behaviour of this type would result in a stadium ban . Some of the younger fans have been banned from home & away games ... for what ? -- certainly nothing as serious as this . A statement from the board should be forthcoming - to make absolutely no comment is quite frankly bizarre - they need to say something . Instead of banning the young fans why not take them for a game of golf & then say it has been dealt with internally ! 

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, stratherrick3 said:

Some of the younger fans have been banned from home & away games ... for what ? -- certainly nothing as serious as this . 

Quite a first post, I smell a sock puppet..... but I'll bite. First of all, this thread is four pages long, I trust you have read everything?

Next, as serious as what? I assume you have new evidence to offer? If you have, you must have been in the dugout so either tell us what happened or retreat back to your sock drawer.

Are you really comparing the vandalism and intentional destruction of property the threatening and abuse of stewards to a heated exchange? 

Now I would suggest this thread be closed as a previous poster has indicated charges of assault could be brought, to continue what has become some kind of witch hunt when the matter has been resolved could cause further trouble for the club and this forum.  

• Agree 5
  • Disagree 3

Ancient Mariner--I have no fears about your ability to  rack up a great many future posts and rummel up the  loyal fanbase.

And thank you kindly for  advising that you were  not attacking me. You see, you're a younger one with much more energy in your  body than poor auld Scarlet  whose every movement to lift his pen from the inkwell now exhausts him greatly. It's a good job that I can still ruminate to  illuminate,  never mind riposting to attacks from a  superior, energy-filled source. 

Have a great day  and lang may yer lum reek oh Ancient Warrior of the Viking Invaders. :laugh::ictscarf::wave:

• Funny 1

2 hours ago, AncientMariner said:

Are you really comparing the vandalism and intentional destruction of property the threatening and abuse of stewards to a heated exchange? 

Now I would suggest this thread be closed as a previous poster has indicated charges of assault could be brought, to continue what has become some kind of witch hunt when the matter has been resolved could cause further trouble for the club and this forum.  

Why are you so intent on having this thread closed? Why do you think this is a witch hunt when nobody is advocating charges are brought? Why do you disagree that Polworth's actions could be considered assault by a court in the event that charges were brought? 

If a young fan had ran into the dugout and started manhandling Scott Kellacher, would you view it as "a heated exchange", or would you be calling for him to be placed in the nearest jail cell?

9 hours ago, PumpFake said:

Why are you so intent on having this thread closed? Why do you think this is a witch hunt when nobody is advocating charges are brought? Why do you disagree that Polworth's actions could be considered assault by a court in the event that charges were brought? 

Its been done to death, despite your consistent attacks on the club and players, you are basing everything on four photos which do not reflect what actually happened. Unless you or anyone else has evidence to the contrary, there is nothing more to add. Your determination to continue adding nothing to a matter which has been dealt with and resolved would suggest you are not an ICT fan. 

GET OVER IT, Kellacher, Polworth, Robertson, the directors and the club have and everyone has moved on.  

• Agree 3

You are basing everything on four photos which do not reflect what actually happened. 

What did happen then? I assume you were at the game?

I wasn't at the game, and didn't hear what was said...

Oh.

I would be quite happy to let it go if you stop challenging irrefutable facts and agree that the club has exhibited hypocrisy in the way it has dealt with this situation when compared to the situation with the fans. 

Edited by Guest

6 minutes ago, PumpFake said:

What did happen then? I assume you were at the game?

Oh.

I would be quite happy to let it go if you stop challenging irrefutable facts and agree that the club has illustrated hypocrisy in the way it has dealt with this situation when compared to the situation with the fans. 

This is an internal disciplinary manner dealt with intenally by the club.  If criminal procedures were deemed neccassary then that is what would have happened. 

If you were employed by the club your constant barracking about a closed matter would result in personal disciplinary action. 

As a supporter it amazes me you think this is good for the club or your own mental state and we should be cogniscent that what we say here does reflect positively or negatively on the club we support. 

There is no hypocrisy the clubs hands were tied by the idiots who repeatedly  breached Criminal law and if they had not acted they would have had strict liabilty for other offences. There had been escalation of incidents for the last 18 months. 

Grow up pump fake and lets close down this negative and whinging debate.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

43 minutes ago, Moogthurso said:

This is an internal disciplinary manner dealt with intenally by the club.  If criminal procedures were deemed neccassary then that is what would have happened. 

If you were employed by the club your constant barracking about a closed matter would result in personal disciplinary action. 

As a supporter it amazes me you think this is good for the club or your own mental state and we should be cogniscent that what we say here does reflect positively or negatively on the club we support. 

There is no hypocrisy the clubs hands were tied by the idiots who repeatedly  breached Criminal law and if they had not acted they would have had strict liabilty for other offences. There had been escalation of incidents for the last 18 months. 

Grow up pump fake and lets close down this negative and whinging debate.

Another one completely missing the point. Never have I said that charges should be brought or that the club should not deal with this internally. How many of those who damaged the bus have appeared in court? None. Should Polworth appear in court? No. The sensible way to deal with both situations is internally (nb: this does not mean that no criminal action has taken place, just that the wronged party has not reported it to the police).

However, for the bus incident, the club issued a vindictive public statement noting that any bad behaviour in the stadium would result in a stadium ban. In respect of this incident, they have remained silent. That is blatant hypocrisy.

Edited by Guest