Writing on the wall for Kellacher?

ClickbaitProponent

Polworth was unprofessional in his outburst towards Kellacher. That cannot be denied. I am wondering if Kellacher is the bad apple though. He seems to have been present in the various reigns of our managers where backroom fighting has gone on. Is he the viper in the nest? Should we not take this opportunity to get rid of him. Personally, I don't rate him as a coach or scout. Maybe it's time to clear out the dross in the managment department starting with Kellacher?

• Agree 2

Currently he looks like the victim of an assault, therefore if anyone is going it'll be Polly. While his credentials are questionable and its been discussed before his presence during failed regiemes he was also part of successful ones too. Doubt he will be going anywhere. 

Yes that's what i am afraid of. He appears to be not the nicest of people and I can see how he could rub players up the wrong way. Sadly, Polly is more likely to help get us out of the mess we are in than a hanger-on like Kellacher. Guess stupidity will reign and Rae will no doubt support Kellacher. If we don't get rid of him then the least we could do is make life easier for ourselves by sticking him on a final written warning - then when we do want rid we can easily put a few bits together, refer to this incident, and sack him for gross misconduct. No payments - just a P45. He obviously antongonised Polly with something he said. A couple of seasons ago I managed to get a seat behind the dugout and his mouth does seem to run away with him. He is obviously passionate, and caring about the club. Lord knows we need some of that from the players on the pitch. My observation is off one single event that I witnessed but there have been chants in the past, and there is no smoke without fire. Perhaps Scott is better in a less public facing role.

Edited by Jockdoonsouth
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

Currently he looks like the victim of an assault, therefore if anyone is going it'll be Polly. 

More mindless speculation and accusation. You seem to forget that there were others in the dugout including the manager who know exactly what happened (including those behind the dugout) Kellacher is hardly the victim, in fact, as Polworth is an employee and the "victim" of abuse and bullying from another employee, I would say his position is quite strong. 

• Agree 1
  • Facepalm 1

I can't comment on what happened Saturday, but suggestions that Scott Kellacher isn't the nicest of people and comments about his coaching ability etc are utter BS....and bordering on defamation.

I've known the guy for years through being at the club and would vouch for him being a generally decent guy. He also seems to be held in high regard as a coach and, from my experience, has always been well respected by the vast majority of players.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Funny 1

12 minutes ago, CaleyD said:

suggestions that Scott Kellacher isn't the nicest of people and comments about his coaching ability etc are utter BS....and bordering on defamation.

It's only defamation if it's not true.

Kellacher has coached the team from SC winners and 3rd in the league through relegation and then to relegation position so that may be an indication to his coaching ability. To suggest he isn't the nicest of people as utter BS after his abuse of a player caused some fans to shout "disgraceful behaviour Kellacher" would seam to kick your argument over the south stand like a QOS free kick.

• Agree 1

28 minutes ago, AncientMariner said:

More mindless speculation and accusation. You seem to forget that there were others in the dugout including the manager who know exactly what happened (including those behind the dugout) Kellacher is hardly the victim, in fact, as Polworth is an employee and the "victim" of abuse and bullying from another employee, I would say his position is quite strong. 

So you disagree that Kellacher was assaulted - plenty of evidence to suggest otherwise? If someone calls you names then physical violence from your statement is acceptable? This isn't primary school, this is real world - you cant just go and take out retaliatory actions just because someone has wronged you. Also are you suggesting that the coaching staff are not employees? 

#troll

• Agree 2

14 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

So you disagree that Kellacher was assaulted - plenty of evidence to suggest otherwise?
If someone calls you names then physical violence from your statement is acceptable?  

Also are you suggesting that the coaching staff are not employees? 

#troll

Where did I say he wasn't assaulted?
How do you know Kellacher didn't get physical first? Or do you just convict on the basis of a few photos which represent a small part of what happened?
And again, where did I suggest that assault is acceptable? 
And where was the implication that the coaching staff are not employees? 

Looks like it's you doing the #troll :D

Edited by AncientMariner

I dont know the rights and wrongs here but there is a lot of assumptions being posted without any evidence. Not sure a fans forum the place for character assasination. Keyboard warriors spring to mind. 

NB this does not mean that general chat re the incident on Sat is not allowed. 

• Agree 2

Personally, I have heard Kellacher mouthing off from the dugout. It was never positive or encouraging. It is not deflammatory if it's true. I am not alone as other fans have heard him too. I cannot condone Polly's actions as he is as much to blame but just how much of it was down to Kellacher or Polly we will never know. Dismissing someone else's opinions as BS because of a personal friendship is understandable. I would do the same. That said, I have witnessed Kellacher in a dour rant. Maybe the dugout isn't the place for him. Perhaps coaching the U20's is the best place. Let's be honest his credentials aren't going to light up the world. He was an under-performing professional player who ended up in the Highland League. As a coach he has had a charmed life. There are many others out there with far better playing experiences, the same coaching awards, and they don't get the opportunities that he has had. First team football is not the place for Kellacher at the moment. And before you go jumping down my throat, shouting BS, etc ... please remember that other fans have witnessed some of these remarks and outbursts ... and yes fans were appaulled and did cheer comments in his general direction. I do think that action needs to be taken against Polly but I can also see that in public the club needs to move kellacher out of it's scrutinising gaze. Clearly, kellacher said something out of turn, and clearly Polly reacted. Both parties were unprofessional, and brought the club into disrepute. Robbo and Rae need to get a grip of this situation quickly.

Edited by Jockdoonsouth
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 2

4 minutes ago, old caley girl said:

I dont know the rights and wrongs here but there is a lot of assumptions being posted without any evidence. Not sure a fans forum the place for character assasination. Keyboard warriors spring to mind. 

NB this does not mean that general chat re the incident on Sat is not allowed. 

I am not making assumptions. I am highlighting my own personal experiences of Kellacher from the dugout. It's not the first time he has been involved in a mini drama with comments made. It's not being a keyboard warrior if you are asking questions and relaying your own personal experience. i am sure Scott is a lovely bloke most of the time, and he cares deeply about the club, but his passions perhaps get the better of him and he maybe sometimes takes a step too far.  A keyboard warrior would be calling for his head. I am merely playing devil's advocate and questioning if the club perhaps needs to move Scott out of the public gaze for a while.

My relationship with Scott Kellacher is, primarily, a professional one....one which has seen me work alongside him and other coaches (as well as many dozens of players) in both the best and worst of times.  It is on that basis that I call BS on statements by people calling into question his character and especially his ability as a coach.

• Like 1

I have no idea about what goes on behind the scenes but it is, even from my position of ignorance, entirely wrong for the OP to apportion blame without any evidence whatsoever to back up what, whatever your view Kellacher's ability or otherwise as a coach, is an outrageous personal slur.

20 minutes ago, ictchris said:

Scott Kellacher is an excellent coach, very well regarded. I understand he picked up a lot of the slack last season when others let things slide. 

This. During the times our 'manager' was AWOL last season it was Scott who was picking up a lot of the slack and keeping things going/professional.  

It seems a bit of an odd one as they're both pretty mild mannered guys.  Like others I've only heard good things in Scott's coaching ability so God knows what has gone on for it to end up in a full blown scrap.

Edited by Hiro

3 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

I have no idea about what goes on behind the scenes but it is, even from my position of ignorance, entirely wrong for the OP to apportion blame without any evidence whatsoever to back up what, whatever your view Kellacher's ability or otherwise as a coach, is an outrageous personal slur.

How is speaking the truth an outrageous personal slur? Pull your head out of your arse and see what has happened - a player comes off the pitch and thinks I know I will smack one of the "reputable" coaches for no reason. Having heard him from the dugout - he is not so angelic as some might think. **** me are you so stupid as to believe that Polworth was totally implicit in the scenario and Kellacher did nothing wrong? This is the problem with this club, in fact this forum, half the time the fucktards in charge are in a state of denial - it's all to do with cliques. As soon the club, and a few people on here, realise that cliques are toxic and destroy - the sooner things might actually start to get better. The club is a running ******* joke. Half the whinging and whiney ******** on here a ******* joke. Wake up and smell the coffee people. Sometimes I do feel the term Teuchter was coined for the mentality of Caley supporters and the club. It's plain ******* embarrassing.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Facepalm 3

4 hours ago, Jockdoonsouth said:

Personally, I have heard Kellacher mouthing off from the dugout. It was never positive or encouraging. It is not deflammatory if it's true. I am not alone as other fans have heard him too. I cannot condone Polly's actions as he is as much to blame but just how much of it was down to Kellacher or Polly we will never know. Dismissing someone else's opinions as BS because of a personal friendship is understandable. I would do the same. That said, I have witnessed Kellacher in a dour rant. Maybe the dugout isn't the place for him. Perhaps coaching the U20's is the best place. Let's be honest his credentials aren't going to light up the world. He was an under-performing professional player who ended up in the Highland League. As a coach he has had a charmed life. There are many others out there with far better playing experiences, the same coaching awards, and they don't get the opportunities that he has had. First team football is not the place for Kellacher at the moment. And before you go jumping down my throat, shouting BS, etc ... please remember that other fans have witnessed some of these remarks and outbursts ... and yes fans were appaulled and did cheer comments in his general direction. I do think that action needs to be taken against Polly but I can also see that in public the club needs to move kellacher out of it's scrutinising gaze. Clearly, kellacher said something out of turn, and clearly Polly reacted. Both parties were unprofessional, and brought the club into disrepute. Robbo and Rae need to get a grip of this situation quickly.

This is an incredibly bad post.  

1 - Kellacher is employed as a coach not a player.  His playing credentials are nothing to do with his coaching.  Bryan Robson had a better playing career than Jose Mourinho, who would you rather employ?

2 - On what basis has Kellacher lead a 'charmed life' as a coach?  He's been a coach at the club for years, coaching youth players, development players and the first team, including during some of our most successful periods.  If you have any comments on his ability as a coach make them but you won't because...

3 - You are basing your assessment of Kellacher's coaching on him shouting from the dugout occasionally.  What coaches say and do in the dugout is a small part of their job, especially a first team coach like Kellacher.  Fans often base their assessment on what they can see so we get threads like this where utter blowhards mouth off about coaches being unsuitable because they said a bad word.  You can see the same thing with Vigurs, rather than base their views on him on his production fans base it on his 'body language' or him shouting at team-mates.  It's utter nonsense.

4 - We don't have an Under 20s team for him to coach.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, Jockdoonsouth said:

How is speaking the truth an outrageous personal slur? Pull your head out of your arse and see what has happened - a player comes off the pitch and thinks I know I will smack one of the "reputable" coaches for no reason. Having heard him from the dugout - he is not so angelic as some might think. **** me are you so stupid as to believe that Polworth was totally implicit in the scenario and Kellacher did nothing wrong? This is the problem with this club, in fact this forum, half the time the fucktards in charge are in a state of denial - it's all to do with cliques. As soon the club, and a few people on here, realise that cliques are toxic and destroy - the sooner things might actually start to get better. The club is a running ******* joke. Half the whinging and whiney ******** on here a ******* joke. Wake up and smell the coffee people. Sometimes I do feel the term Teuchter was coined for the mentality of Caley supporters and the club. It's plain ******* embarrassing.

Image result for angry meme

• Funny 3

9 minutes ago, Jockdoonsouth said:

Am I bad. I love the word fuctard I’m going to use it on a couple of building sites I’m going to be on soon Cheers :amazed:

• Funny 1

10 minutes ago, Jockdoonsouth said:

I may not agree with the tone but I think you've nailed it......

11 minutes ago, Jockdoonsouth said:

22407438_1835266373169276_179060862_n.jpg

• Funny 1

29 minutes ago, Jockdoonsouth said:

WOW 

1 hour ago, Jockdoonsouth said:

Seething. 

(Yeah, that's right, I'm bringing it back.)

• Agree 2

The very last thing I want to do is to make any judgments at all on a hugely unfortunate incident which could not have happened at a worse time for a club already under unfortunate pressure in several respects. However, WITHOUT PREJUDICE, one or two objective observations are required. Firstly, it's disturbing to see so many concrete "conclusions" being arrived at on the basis of incomplete evidence. What do we have? Still photographs which give an indication of what as happening at the moment they were taken and which COULD hence be misleading. Anecdotal and possibly prejudiced allegations of verbal exchanges, past and present, which at best are circumstantial. Indeed, and remaining on a non-judgmental theme, I wonder how many posters who are complaining about these alleged verbal exchanges are also equally scathing about "sweetie rustlers" in the crowd? (I merely state this to highlight a potential irony.) Then I have a question on a practical matter. How does Ancient Mariner propose Kellacher might have "got physical first" from within the dugout? Next up, another question. Can Jockdoonsouth give us assurances that he is approaching this issue entirely objectively and has no anti-Kellacher agenda in any way, shape of form. I would also remind Jock that Scott Kellacher was also on Celtic's books as a teenager but is still by no means the only coach not to have first pursued a long term, high level playing career. Jose Mourinho and Craig Brown come to mind to start with.

It would be a mistake to look at what I have said and conclude that this is a "pro-Kellacher" statement. I have merely made objective observations and asked objective questions in an attempt to bring back to the middle ground a thread which quite clearly began with an anti Kellacher agenda and progressed (not the best word, I admit) to the stage where Original Poster clearly lost it.

PS - the single operative word of what Fraz posted while I was writing reminds me that altercations like this, regrettably but still not justifiably, do tend to happen in football, including at globally energetic premises not far from here.

Edited by Charles Bannerman
  • Agree 2