Writing on the wall for Kellacher?

ClickbaitProponent

9 hours ago, Jockdoonsouth said:

Sorry but there was me thinking that the idea of a forum was to open things up to discussion. Winding yef neck in FFS is not really being open to discussion but censorship.

No. Censorship is telling you that you are not allowed to post, which no-one has done, or closing the thread when there is no good reason to do so, again, which no-one has done.  Telling you to wind your neck in was in response specifically to you calling the site owners and mods 'fucktards'.  Discussion without verbal abuse is fine and welcomed. Abuse is not. 

I left Inverness to join the military - why? I used to struggle with Teucterism's of many locals who were too busy looking backwards to see what was coming upfront. I had thought that this "backwards" aspect of mentality had died a death. Sneck becomes a city, ICT rise up to be a club to be proud of, but then it seems the teucters take over once more. I cringe at some of the comments and commentators on here. It's fecking embarrassing, smats of jingoism and cliques, newcomers are often shot down in flames with comments, you are often left feeling about as welcome as a fart in  space suit. Responses aren't always fair and measured.

As Dougal has attempted to point out, many of the mods are not Inverness based and I can add to that in saying that at least 30% of the posters are also located outside of Inverness so I am not sure what your point is. Those views you dislike so much are coming from many corners of the UK and beyond.  I now live in one of the most diverse and vibrant cities in the world and yes, there are huge differences that I see compared to life in Inverness both in terms of pace and sometimes outlook ... but that does not make me want to look down my nose at those who live in Inverness. You seem to have a real disdain for those who have remained in the City whereas the rest of us can appreciate both where we live and also where we came from and what shaped us.   Perhaps that's part of the problem? By your own words, you couldn't wait to get away, while personally, I look forward to visiting as often as I can !

People are entitled to their own opinions and if they share them and others dont' agree then that is where dialogue kicks in. I get frustrated that the mentality that has held sneck back is alive and well and prevelant on here as well as burning ever so brightly at the heart of our club. I believe that there is no smoke without fire - what happened the other day is just another embarrassment and just serves to make us look like a bunch of teuchters all the more.

Indeed. dialogue should kick-in, bit it seems that you want that dialogue to agree with your own. I will agree what happened the other day is indeed an embarrassment, and it needs to be dealt with. As mentioned on another thread, hopefully if there is any comment from the club, it is simply that its an internal matter and has been dealt with. 

I stand by my opinion that i gained through experience. I see a failed player gone into management who has been embroiled in more than one incident at the club - his tenure has been one through several managers from triumph to downward spiral - it continues to spiral. I believe that he, and to a degree Rice, have had their day and should perhaps be let go. Money saved with any luck.

Was he (SK) not here before the cup win? In which case he has been here from when we were  'average'  then on an upward journey to 'triumph' and yes, as you have noted, downwards to relegation.  I have no idea of his qualifications, or his abilities as a coach, and I would hazard a guess that very few of us do. If the manager and/or Danny are confident in his abilities then who am I - or any of us - to argue that point. Perhaps part of the problem is that we as fans are not aware of how much he or other coaches do and what they bring to the table. We apportion all the credit, and also most of the blame to the manager and when the manager ultimately fails the whole backroom team usually goes ... which hasnt happened at ICT for the last 3 managers. 

At the moment the "I worked with him" - "I worked with his brother" brigade are failing to see that actually losing Polly is more costly to us than a failed ex-player coach, who quite frankly, made no difference to performances until Malpas arrived.

I bow to your superior knowledge. Clearly, your stated desire for open discussion does not extend to having the dialogue you talked of in your earlier post. 

How many of the dross we have signed recently were scouted by Kellacher?  He has failed to make a difference.

I would guess that precisely none have been scouted by Kellacher. He's a coach not a scout. 

Censoring statements with wind yer neck in FFS - is merely proving my point that many are stuck in teucterisms and happy to look backwards. Only one way this club will get it's **** together and that is by cutting out the rot. it's more the pity that the same can't be done with some of the deadwood that masquerade as "fans".

Again ... I fail to see how 'wind yer neck in' whilst not closing the thread or preventing you from posting is censorship? I agree with the next part of your post and wonder if you require a mirror for that ? 

4 hours ago, dougal said:

As for the site admin and mods well none of them are Inverness based something I always found rather odd to be honest

I was from the time I founded the site until I moved to Canada ... Life moves on and you dont have to live in Inverness to support ICT. However, your statement is completely untrue. 

3 hours ago, caley100 said:

Tm4tj is local.

as are 4 other mods. So 5 of 10 mods are local.  3 more were local but moved for education or just life in general, and only 2 as far as I am aware have always lived outside Inverness . Other mods have come and gone over the years and as far as I recall we have always had a mixture of age, gender and location. 

• Agree 2

http://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/Sport/Football/Caley-Thistle-boss-Robertson-confirms-flare-up-pair-were-punished-10102017.htm

"I know the pictures look bad, but no punches were thrown, there was no physical contact at that level. It was a heated war of words, but they have been made aware that was simply unacceptable."

"However, I must stress that, despite how it looks from the pictures, no punches were thrown and the matter has been dealt with by way of an internal investigation."

So there you have it. Shall the supporters continue booing Polworth or will the vitriol once more turn to Vigurs?

Guess we'll have to wait until the 28th to find out!

• Facepalm 1

8 hours ago, jagster said:

I understand where you are coming from but if two f the young ones went at each other in view of the fans would they be treated as leniently   Can’t be one rule for some and not the others, I’m sure there have been lots of youngsters that have seen the photos or indeed seeing it happen on Saturday that would not have liked any kind of violence. Could you imagine you’re own young kids asking you if it’s alright to hit on the football pitch then it’s alright to hit in the stands. It’s the same stadium surely the same rules or is that not an acceptable argument 

Given the club seem utterly incapable of issuing a statement without making themselves out to be a laughing stock I definitely think a minimalist statement which still shows due cognisance of the incident and potential repercussions would be best.