IRN BRU CUP

jagster

The quarter fina draw takes place today at 1 pm and I think it’s live on Facebook if anyone uses it

Teams left

ICT

Dumbarton

Crusaders

Falkirk

Queen of the South

Raith Rovers

The New Saints

Dundee United

Some pretty tough ties there but we are only two games away from the final even if we have been playing poorly. I’d love a home tie to give us a chance of going to the semi. I realise the contest is much maligned but it’s still a trophy and a great day out  Probably TNS or Raith Rovers look like the obvious choices  but who does everyone else fancy. It will be good to talk about something other than Saturdays incident 

1 hour ago, bdu98196 said:

Anyone who wont give us a pumping..................so home tie V's Raith to maybe stand a chance 

Erm, the same Raith Rovers who have lost just once in the league so far this season...? I don't fancy us against anyone right now sadly.

Not the best of ties but at least it’s at home. Would be nice to see some playing improvement by then but not overly confident and with them having Hartley in charge they will be buoyant. When does our new manager bounce start ?

1 hour ago, jagster said:

Not the best of ties but at least it’s at home. Would be nice to see some playing improvement by then but not overly confident and with them having Hartley in charge they will be buoyant. When does our new manager bounce start ?

This Saturday :wink:

• Funny 1

16 hours ago, Renegade said:

I'm absolutely dying for it to be Crusaders. Fly from Inverness, 

Fly Maybe.....:redcard: Twice this year I have booked Flymaybe flights, once to Belfast City and once to Birmingham and they then changed the times, rendering the flights useless and messing up the trips. Flybe are useless.

The Caley Club bus would be much more likely to get you to the stadium as planned for a home tie against Falkirk.

Edited by Charles Bannerman
  • Funny 1

40 minutes ago, Charles Bannerman said:

Fly Maybe.....:redcard: Twice this year I have booked Flymaybe flights, once to Belfast City and once to Birmingham and they then changed the times, rendering the flights useless and messing up the trips. Flybe are useless.

The Caley Club bus would be much more likely to get you to the stadium as planned for a home tie against Falkirk.

I like that one Charles 'Flymaybe flights' :lol:

• Agree 1

Been to Birmingham to watch ICT, went to Belfast last year, went like clockwork (not literally...). Also go regularly to Shetland and Lewis with Flybe, only problem has been the conditions at Sumburgh in winter, in which case they put you up at the Hilton Edinburgh Airport for free.

Just now, TheMantis said:

Been to Birmingham to watch ICT, went to Belfast last year, went like clockwork (not literally...). Also go regularly to Shetland and Lewis with Flybe, only problem has been the conditions at Sumburgh in winter, in which case they put you up at the Hilton Edinburgh Airport for free.

I too have never had any issues with Flybe...other than the fact that they ended their sponsorship deal with us !

On 10/10/2017 at 8:23 PM, Charles Bannerman said:

surprised at this one. I use them for all my trips over and they are normally on time and good. The only problem i had with them was the cup final. My flight was delayed 2 hours but i booked the earliest one so in the end it was no big issue for me. Still made it over with plenty of time to spare

I've flown Flybe once from Edinburgh to Belfast and thought they were fine.  Perhaps it depends what you're used to though.  I'm a bit of a penny pincher and always go economy, but if you're more used to sitting in first class away from the commoners while you stuff your face with caviar and drinking down champagne perhaps you wouldn't enjoy it so much...

Edited by Renegade
  • Funny 2

Have used Flybe as well on the odd trip and no issues with them ... or indeed with EasyJet. Only issue I have ever had when I fly out of Inverness is the counter staff ... some are ok, but others seem to like the power trip when your luggage is 1Kg under and your wife's is 1Kg over and they want you to swap things around so they are both exact ! Only airline you are not going to catch me flying - especially after recent events - is Ryanair.  

On 13/10/2017 at 3:21 PM, Belfast Brigade said:

surprised at this one. I use them for all my trips over and they are normally on time and good. The only problem i had with them was the cup final. My flight was delayed 2 hours but i booked the earliest one so in the end it was no big issue for me. Still made it over with plenty of time to spare

I think CB was just showing that he does have a human side by cracking a weak joke based on their name, just on the off chance there was somebody here who hadn't heard it before :whistle:

• Funny 1