Media Coverage

ff
AUDIO COVERAGE
LIVE TEXT (ONLINE)
VIDEO
TEAM LINEUPS
TO FOLLOW

Tweets by @ICTFC

Match-day thread up and running. POY and other matchday updates will be posted later on Saturday once I get back from language class and football training with the little guy. 

By all accounts, with five shots on target and hitting the woodwork as well, this sounds like a very different 0-0 draw from the dire performance against Queen of the South a fortnight ago.

All in all, away against a Falkirk side boosted by the appointment of a new manager, an encouraging result and performance in the context of this season

• Agree 3

10 minutes ago, bughtmaster said:

We have to get a scorer in soon, far too many missed chances we should have won easily by stats reports. A very valuable point welcomed though.

Easier said than done. We couldn't source a reliable goal scorer when we were able to pay Premiership wages. Only now being able to offer a third of that, that quest is all the more difficult now.

The only positive I really see is another clean sheet, but we need points.

Whether we're home or away. Yes we created a lot of chances but we didn't win again. Just clutching at straws saying that it's a good away point, with chances created. They're struggling as well. If we're creating that many chances we need to be ruthless. It's as much 2 points dropped as a point gained for me. 

• Sad 1

I think most of us would have taken that result before the game.  Sounds like a good performance.  Looking forward to reading the comments of those at the match.  OK, we probably should have won it, but probably our best league performance of the season judging by the stats.  Onwards and upwards!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

We played well. The downside is we should've won the game, we missed some really good chances and need to be clinical when offered opportunities.

upside is that we were solid - the only chance that Falkirk created was a header that Ridgers dealt with and Donaldson looked very strong, dealing with everything that came his way. Full backs did well also.

In midfield Polworth did well, worked hard and got himself into position to take a few shots. Vigurs was magnificent, used the ball so well, protected it. He was out best player, the Elgin Pirlo. Mulreany also had a good game, especially in the second half, he attacked their full back and had him beaten at will as the game went on. His delivery is still poor although he had a cracking shot that he the post.

Up front Baird and Bell worked hard and had some great touched but the ly should've each scored, probably a couple. Finishing is a big weakness. 

I went into the game expecting abjectness but came out with a bit of hope. There is life in us.

• Like 3
  • Agree 2

I was not expecting anything today from Falkirk like others so happy with a point, what we need now is a performance like that next week with some better finnishing and take the 3 points at Dundee United.

• Agree 1

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic