Falkirk -V- Inverness CT

Scotty

Would have taken a draw if offered before the game but by the Stats we were ahead in everyone certainly looks like we need a goalscorer so 2pts lost another clean sheet is a positive hopefully another one next week .

was OFW injured ?

2 minutes ago, Biggin said:

Would have taken a draw if offered before the game but by the Stats we were ahead in everyone certainly looks like we need a goalscorer so 2pts lost another clean sheet is a positive hopefully another one next week .

was OFW injured ?

Yeah. Some saying he's out for a few weeks

Hi all

I did not get to the game

However I am happy to note Inverness avoided defeat  , We now have twice the points away than at home . lol

Hope full  ICT will get a win before  Bonfire night.

3 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

Easier said than done. We couldn't source a reliable goal scorer when we were able to pay Premiership wages. Only now being able to offer a third of that, that quest is all the more difficult now.

have another drink Kingsmills I fear your glass is empty.

• Funny 1

Happy to get the point despite the moans about missed chances - at least they were created!

Very pleasing to hear there were improvements and a bit of fight in the team today. It wasn't going to be easy playing them on their own turf with their new manager in place so a big well done to all for the performance - Rome wasn't built in a day, we'll get there...

• Agree 2

Hope the board don't have their heads in the sand and accept we have not a chance of promotion with all this " missed opportunities " and have a plan in place (I doubt it ) I'm sure we all agree no one wants to see the Club drop any further and what the consciences of that will be. People saying we need a goal scorer in next transfer window we may have one already there in young Mackay why's he no starting then ? Can he do any worse ? Than all this missed opportunities 

1 hour ago, Laurence said:

Hi all

I did not get to the game

However I am happy to note Inverness avoided defeat  , We now have twice the points away than at home . lol

Hope full  ICT will get a win before  Bonfire night.

Wonder how much easier it is to play away than listen to home fans moaning. 

• Agree 2
  • Facepalm 3

Just now, AncientMariner said:

You know, I think there may be more truth in that than you maybe realise.

Vigurs and Polworth both played well by all accounts. I agree with the above two posts.

Also, did Mulraney do much better today? Three attempts and hitting a post implies he did.

I know there were sceptics when he signed, but Donaldson seems to be having lding our central defence together. I have been surprisingly impressed by him given the negativity when he was signed.

Keen to hear from those who made it to Falkirk.

I believe we as fans are a huge handicap to the players. If we were a great team to play for we wouldnt have lost a lot of our players over the last 3 seasons to similar clubs. Its not all wages. 

County atmosphere miles better and thats in our control not the teams. 

• Funny 1
  • Facepalm 1

That's the first set of round robin fixtures complete. Clearly we had more than enough chances today to win. How many times has that been said? Inverness - Livingston last month sounds emblematic of where we are ... we had much more possession, same number of shots on target but lose 3-1. They were organised and ruthless with chances presented.

Livingston are 2nd tonight.

47 minutes ago, Moogthurso said:

I believe we as fans are a huge handicap to the players.

An incredibly sad thing to say but you are absolutely right. Would anyone who goes to the games and hears what the "fans" shout want to play for ICT
Can't blame any player who runs out the door when someone else is interested.

• Facepalm 3

2 hours ago, Moogthurso said:

I believe we as fans are a huge handicap to the players. If we were a great team to play for we wouldnt have lost a lot of our players over the last 3 seasons to similar clubs. Its not all wages. 

County atmosphere miles better and thats in our control not the teams. 

What a crock of ****. Pardon the language the atmosphere can be better over he bridge because of the away teams and the type of stadium certainly not because of the C*unty fans. They are pitiful most of the time , the life in their stadium comes from likes of ourselves filling the away end, there usual fans from drakies and the Crown etc are desperately quiet   As for wages Tansey, Draper Shinnie etc getting way more in their moves , Who do you think is getting the same or less?  

I really like your posts Moog but I can’t help think you are off the mark on this one. P.s. tonight to date I have had 3 large taliskers and I think  8 tins of Stella 2 Buds and a couple of Innes and agunn so there fore if I don’t remember this post tomorrow I reserve the right for something and other :amazed:

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, Robert said:

Also, did Mulraney do much better today? 

I know there were sceptics when he signed, but Donaldson seems to be having lding our central defence together. I have been surprisingly impressed by him given the negativity when he was signed.

Keen to hear from those who made it to Falkirk.

In answer to the first question, yes, definitely - he was more like he was when he first arrived and looked like he was going to be brilliant for us. He's got the pace to beat just about any full back in Scotland, and it showed yesterday. I think the biggest problem with Mulraney has been that his final balls have been so disappointing that people have, understandably, been very critical and it has also affected his ability to establish himself in the first team, and this has knocked his confidence.  He's also had a tendency to go down far too easily - he was throwing himself all over the pitch at East End Park earlier this season - and he did do that once in the first half yesterday. He was really dangerous in the second half, and very unlucky not to score, although his final balls were still frustrating. I think Robbo must have had a word with him  at half time about being more direct, because in the first half there was a moment when he  received the ball in space and had an ideal opportunity to drive in on goal, and instead he wandered off out to the touchline and the move broke down. Hopefully his second half performance, and the twenty minutes us got for Ireland's U-21s last week, will give him his confidence back and he can kick on.

Yesterday was undoubtedly our best footballing performance of the season, including the 4-0 win at Brechin, but I think Falkirk's playing style suited us. When teams have got pace in wide attacking areas and can stretch our back four, we have a tendency to fall apart, but yesterday Hippolyte and O'Hara kept things pretty narrow, and this allowed our two experienced full backs to tuck in, forming a solid back line that dealt with everything pretty easily. Mckay looks more comfortable when playing  in a deep back line, perhaps because he's less likely to be turned, and Coll Donaldson was excellent. My biggest gripe with Donaldson after seeing him at Dumbarton was his woeful distribution out of defence, but there was much less of that yesterday, and he produced an unfussy, commanding central defensive performance. We did play a lot of long balls yesterday - an inevitable consequence of keeping both Polworth and Vigurs deep to protect the back four - but there was also some fine passing at times from Vigurs to set up counter-attacking moves. I overheard more criticism of Baird yesterday, but I think some of it was a little harsh: he did miss a couple of sitters, particularly a header for which he jumped too early, but most of his chances were created through his own consistent hard work and through some very effective link up play with Connor Bell, who also should have buried a chance with just the keeper to beat. I assume he thought he was offside, as everyone just seemed to stop, but Conrad Balatoni was clearly playing him on, and a more experienced striker would have made sure he put the ball away. I would stick with that pair as our front two just now, though, as both offer better movement and more creativity than Oakley. 

Didn't catch what the  crowd was yesterday, btw, but it was impressive. Assume that there must have been some sort of boost with it being Hartley's first game, but it looks like Falkirk's crowds have held up well despite their poor start.

• Agree 2

7 hours ago, jagster said:

What a crock of ****. Pardon the language the atmosphere can be better over he bridge because of the away teams and the type of stadium certainly not because of the C*unty fans. They are pitiful most of the time , the life in their stadium comes from likes of ourselves filling the away end, there usual fans from drakies and the Crown etc are desperately quiet   As for wages Tansey, Draper Shinnie etc getting way more in their moves , Who do you think is getting the same or less?  

I really like your posts Moog but I can’t help think you are off the mark on this one. P.s. tonight to date I have had 3 large taliskers and I think  8 tins of Stella 2 Buds and a couple of Innes and agunn so there fore if I don’t remember this post tomorrow I reserve the right for something and other :amazed:

No problem happy to be put in my box with a different opinion. When i was playing rugby i would have clubbed the fans to death for any of the abuse vigurs, devine, polworth, christie,tremarco and ross received. 

Have sat beside family members of the team and had to tell fans around me to quieten down . Children and wifes and mothers almost in tears. Ask them to compare caley to dundee or stmirren or motherwell and how they are treated. 

I am notorious for saying to the people sitting around me evangelically at the game theres a good pass from vigurs, great run from polworth etc challenging any unreasonable negative jeering. I must be hell to sit beside....

I feel like one man against the whole stand at times and its not focused on me. 

But happy for a different view from a different area.

We should get all the caley fans to go on a bus trip and watch glasgow rugby club to see a supportive atmosphere and see how we could replicate it....

• Like 1

10 hours ago, AncientMariner said:

You know, I think there may be more truth in that than you maybe realise.

I don't like the crowd getting on the players backs but if a few moans and groans from the stands is what is stopping professional footballers play to their ability then perhaps we should get some thicker skinned players.

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

I don't like the crowd getting on the players backs but if a few moans and groans from the stands is what is stopping professional footballers play to their ability then perhaps we should get some thicker skinned players.

We are not talking about moans and groans, we are talking about vile abuse, I can only assume you don't go to the matches if you haven't heard it?

22 minutes ago, Moogthurso said:

I am notorious for saying to the people sitting around me evangelically at the game theres a good pass from vigurs, great run from polworth etc challenging any unreasonable negative jeering. I must be hell to sit beside....

I'd far rather sit near you than where I end up! I have the bitter abusers, the conversationalists talking about their work and of course the retired managers and pundits who know exactly whats wrong and how to fix it. 

26 minutes ago, Moogthurso said:

No problem happy to be put in my box with a different opinion. When i was playing rugby i would have clubbed the fans to death for any of the abuse vigurs, devine, polworth, christie,tremarco and ross received. 

Have sat beside family members of the team and had to tell fans around me to quieten down . Children and wifes and mothers almost in tears. Ask them to compare caley to dundee or stmirren or motherwell and how they are treated. 

I feel like one man against the whole stand at times and its not focused on me. 

But happy for a different view from a different area.

We should get all the caley fans to go on a bus trip and watch glasgow rugby club to see a supportive atmosphere and see how we could replicate it....

Can I sit next to you next time I come up (it'll be March though) ...I'm very much a glass half full guy, and always appreciate a good bit of work recognising if players were really that consistently good they wouldn't be playing for us (and I have that same view at Palace, even though they're paid considerably more).

I don't think the Tulloch stadium is very conducive for creating a great atmosphere, being so open, coupled with the fact we're still a young team in terms of existance (and thus tradition), and of course get pretty small crowds. When I come up I sit in the main stand and have plenty of people around me that moan for moaning's sake because they've paid the fee to come in. That said it does tend to be a vicious circle, fans want to see honest compentent players putting in a shift, and tend to get behind them when it happens, likewise Players need encouragement and also often surprisingly fragile flowers (but then who enjoys going to work and having people slag you off from the sidelines) so can both be raised up by positive vibes or hide due to negative comments (which are easier to hear in a quiet stadium). However this in not confined to a club like ICT, look at Arsenal their atmosphere at home games is terrible, whereas I also support Palace a team with allegedly  the best atmosphere in the EPL (certainly yesterday the atmosphere against Chelsea gave me goosebumps) and is often cited by players as a factor in a good result.

Anyway as for yesterday, in many ways i'm quite happy with that result, Falkirk were in those group of teams I saw challenging for promotion, and it seems we were well worth the point orn deserved more. More encouragingly we are slowly sorting a team out of the collection of players we have. Guys like Trafford and Bell, coupled to the guys like Vigurs, Polworth and Tremarco, starting to show their worth, good to hear Donaldson having a decent game... The Pre-season games seemed to indicate that Seedorf and Oakley were useful acquisitions, potential not yet fulfilled, and it sounds like Mulraney's international duty had a positive effect. It will be interesting to compare the points tally over the next 9 games...who knows we might see

more Danial Mckay  a bit more or find that the lesser spotted Zak Elbouzedi is a real player.

I'm up for the away match at Livingston soon, and looking at their form, could be a real gauge on any improvement

• Agree 2

I can't belive there are fans on here apportioning some of the blame for the current situation and lack of quality performance on the fans because they dare to show displeasure at the fare put on show that they pay for as entertainment. As posted previously if fans feel their peers are partaking in abusive behaviour of any kind raise it with the stewards and get it addressed properlproperly as the club has a zero tolerance policy on this so needs exercised not just go on the Internet and moan about it.

• Agree 2

Well I would have gladly taken a clean sheet and a point before the game. Away to the Bairns has not exactly been our lucky fixture. Robbo looks like he has finally sussed out his preferred starting eleven. Concern is that it looks like you can add young McKay but the others appear to be add-ons. Seedorf and Elbouzedi may add another 2. But that aint good enuff and suspensions or injuries would really take its toll this season. I would gladly take third bottom and survival. Next three BIG, DIFFICULT games could well define our season. Confidence boosting or confidence deflating. At the moment I would take 3 points out of 9.

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic