Falkirk -V- Inverness CT

Scotty

25 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

I can't belive there are fans on here apportioning some of the blame for the current situation and lack of quality performance on the fans because they dare to show displeasure at the fare put on show that they pay for as entertainment. 

If you want entertainment, go to Eden Court, we are paying to watch 90mins of football in the hope that ICT win. 

• Disagree 1
  • Facepalm 2

1 minute ago, AncientMariner said:

If you want entertainment, go to Eden Court, we are paying to watch 90mins of football in the hope that ICT win. 

Actually, I want to be entertained as well. The two seemed to go hand in hand almost every game in the days of Steve Paterson and quite often happened under Terry Butcher as well.

The two are not and should not be mutually exclusive and, for what it's worth, I've spent more than a few evenings at Eden Court over the years failing to be entertained and you can't even console yourself with a bloody pie at half time !

• Agree 2
  • Funny 1

1 hour ago, bdu98196 said:

I can't belive there are fans on here apportioning some of the blame for the current situation and lack of quality performance on the fans because they dare to show displeasure at the fare put on show that they pay for as entertainment. As posted previously if fans feel their peers are partaking in abusive behaviour of any kind raise it with the stewards and get it addressed properlproperly as the club has a zero tolerance policy on this so needs exercised not just go on the Internet and moan about it.

Have you raised any with the stewards or addressed it yourself. If not you are complicit  with some of the incredibly vile behaviour towards our players and specifically towards our home grown guys.

I address as happily and vocally and locally as i can.

We have not always been this way and i feel it has creeped up at end of yogis and all the way through forans time.  

1 hour ago, Kingsmills said:

Actually, I want to be entertained as well. The two seemed to go hand in hand almost every game in the days of Steve Paterson and quite often happened under Terry Butcher as well.

The two are not and should not be mutually exclusive and, for what it's worth, I've spent more than a few evenings at Eden Court over the years failing to be entertained and you can't even console yourself with a bloody pie at half time !

Kingsmills  you yourself are pure entertainment, you do make me laugh. 

Is the bar not open in the interval at Eden court ?  Surely a gin and tonic is better than any pie, bloody or otherwise. 

On the subject of pies, Caley should follow Delia Smith's  ( Norwich City ) , and have the pies flown in from Hollands pies  in Accrington.  Mind you can get them frozen from Tesco

2 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Robbo looks like he has finally sussed out his preferred starting eleven. Concern is that it looks like you can add young McKay but the others appear to be add-ons. Seedorf and Elbouzedi may add another 2. But that aint good enuff and suspensions or injuries would really take its toll this season. 

It will be interesting to see what he does going forward from this - his hand was forced to some extent by Trafford's injury, but playing Vigurs and Polworth deep protecting the back four did actually work yesterday. Against quicker teams with more attacking width it may not, and when we were going forward there was sometimes too much of a gap between midfield and attack yesterday. This could be addressed, of course, by playing Trafford alongside Vigurs and Polworth as a 10 with one of Baird or Bell dropped, or Chalmers dropped and Bell moved into one of the wide areas. On the basis of yesterday, though, I do think that Warren shouldn't walk straight back into the team when he's fit again, captain or not.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, alternative maryhill said:

It will be interesting to see what he does going forward from this - his hand was forced to some extent by Trafford's injury, but playing Vigurs and Polworth deep protecting the back four did actually work yesterday. Against quicker teams with more attacking width it may not, and when we were going forward there was sometimes too much of a gap between midfield and attack yesterday. This could be addressed, of course, by playing Trafford alongside Vigurs and Polworth as a 10 with one of Baird or Bell dropped, or Chalmers dropped and Bell moved into one of the wide areas. On the basis of yesterday, though, I do think that Warren shouldn't walk straight back into the team when he's fit again, captain or not.

Forgot about Trafford - But I did say I fancied the sweet left foot of Chalmers in midfield - how did he fare ?

The first half was a bit boring but in the second half we attacked with more pace and power than we have for a long time.  Mulraney had one of the best games he's ever had for us, but I wish he'd stop these dying swan impressions - totally embarrassing.  One thing I would say though, is first of all, why was the change made so late?  Also, it was the wrong change.  Mackay looked good last week but he didn't have the power and presence needed at that time. I'd have kept Mulraney on and swapped Chalmers for Calder.

13 minutes ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Forgot about Trafford - But I did say I fancied the sweet left foot of Chalmers in midfield - how did he fare ?

He was played wide left in a 4-4-2, where you've advocated playing him, and he did put in one lovely angled ball and had a free kick from 20 yards that went narrowly by the post, but otherwise in an attacking sense he didn't offer much: nearly all the threat came from Mulraney down the other side. In a funny way, having such an unadventurous player there probably helped us defensively - he held position well and was another body making it more difficult for Falkirk to attack effectively. Unless he's just lacking in confidence just now, though, and we start to see an improvement, then I don't think he offers enough going forward, or is decisive or brave enough defensively, to be a first choice in a team with any ambition to start building a challenge.      

19 hours ago, jagster said:

What a crock of ****. Pardon the language the atmosphere can be better over he bridge because of the away teams and the type of stadium certainly not because of the C*unty fans. They are pitiful most of the time , the life in their stadium comes from likes of ourselves filling the away end, there usual fans from drakies and the Crown etc are desperately quiet   As for wages Tansey, Draper Shinnie etc getting way more in their moves , Who do you think is getting the same or less?  

I really like your posts Moog but I can’t help think you are off the mark on this one. P.s. tonight to date I have had 3 large taliskers and I think  8 tins of Stella 2 Buds and a couple of Innes and agunn so there fore if I don’t remember this post tomorrow I reserve the right for something and other :amazed:

No sign of jagster here today I think he might have a sore head :lol:

9 hours ago, IBM said:

No sign of jagster here today I think he might have a sore head :lol:

I’m quitting drinking. Not hard to do done it lots of times before ?

Im not sure if my post makes it sound like I was being a bit personal to Moog If so? There was none intended.

We went for a blast on bike to Ft William and the road was really busy on the way down took us about an hour and a quarter. Let’s just say the way back was an awful lot quicker . We had visitors Sat night and made dinner for them. The post doesn’t appear to be quite the full amount of alcohol consumption I had. 

As for the score like most I would have taken a point before the game though it sounds like we should have taken all three. Let’s hope it’s the sign of things gelling for us

Onwards and Upwards!!

Wasn't expecting anything other than a defeat at Falkirk. All reports I've read state we should have won it...but we didn't. 

Three clean sheets in a row (yes,ok, one was Peterhead but it still counts) has to be a good thing don't you think?

We are 15 points behind St Mirren - I remember the last time we were in this league we were 15 points behind. We'll have this league won by the end of January you watch......aw...damn....my alarm clock has just gone off!!

Bigger test in the next two games so lets see.

3 hours ago, jagster said:

I’m quitting drinking. Not hard to do done it lots of times before ?

Im not sure if my post makes it sound like I was being a bit personal to Moog If so? There was none intended.

We went for a blast on bike to Ft William and the road was really busy on the way down took us about an hour and a quarter. Let’s just say the way back was an awful lot quicker . We had visitors Sat night and made dinner for them. The post doesn’t appear to be quite the full amount of alcohol consumption I had. 

As for the score like most I would have taken a point before the game though it sounds like we should have taken all three. Let’s hope it’s the sign of things gelling for us

Onwards and Upwards!!

Jagster i just laughed.

• Funny 1

4 hours ago, Gringo said:

Three clean sheets in a row has to be a good thing don't you think?

True, tightening up the defence is usually the key to sorting out a shambolic team, and you can then build from that.

Interesting that all 3 of our  clean sheets in the league, as well as the Peterhead one, were achieved without Warren.

5 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

True, tightening up the defence is usually the key to sorting out a shambolic team, and you can then build from that.

Interesting that all 3 of our  clean sheets in the league, as well as the Peterhead one, were achieved without Warren.

Yes it is interesting.

Stick him up front as he is joint top scorer with Vigurs and Polworth. 3 each.

Now there's an idea!!!!!

Edited by Guest

I don't think Warren has the skill or mobility to be re-born as a striker.  Funnily enough though, I did think Josh Meekings could've done it - strong, fairly quick, decent passer, quite a hard shot on him, it could've worked but hey ho.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, bughtmaster said:

Don't underrate Garry Warren there is a lot of ability there and could adapt to a forward role, We haven't got a proven decent marksman as yet and until such time as we do it is worth a punt

Aye he is worth a punt down the road :lol:

4 hours ago, Caley Mad In Berks said:

Although I admit his best is now behind him, I rate Garry Warren as just our best ever acquisition, a real star for us over the years. I hope he sees out his career with us with dignity, whether it be at centre half or wherever.  At least we know he will give his all.

Agreed on that.

Have Warren and Donaldson played together as a two man central defence this season?

Could be our strongest pairing.

• Facepalm 1

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic