Cash from Celtic qualifying for CL group

ferben1994

Just reported on BBC sport website that all 11 of Celtics last season's rivals are to benefit to the tune of nearly 375k.

What will this be spent on as I assume we couldn't possibly have budgeted for this close season.

Jan transfer window spending on the cards or just balancing the books?

Thoughts?

1 minute ago, mikeyrob73 said:

i believe this cash is already budgeted for so its not like we are suddenly going to sign a striker who can actually score with it 

How can you budget for it until Celtic actually qualify though.

Bit of a risk isn't it

• Facepalm 2

4 hours ago, ferben1994 said:

Just reported on BBC sport website that all 11 of Celtics last season's rivals are to benefit to the tune of nearly 375k.

What will this be spent on as I assume we couldn't possibly have budgeted for this close season.

Jan transfer window spending on the cards or just balancing the books?

Thoughts?

It will just go a little way to balancing the books at present so there will not be much left for a spending spree in January.

We will not challenge for promotion and, with any luck, will avoid a second relegation.

Next season our parachute payment will be half of what it is this. For that reason; I would be inclined to keep any resources we have for Summer recruitment and hopefully a promotion push next season.

4 hours ago, ferben1994 said:

How can you budget for it until Celtic actually qualify though.

Bit of a risk isn't it

This is for last season hence the reason it could be budgeted for although not perhaps exactly how much.

Celtic's performance this season in the Champions League will likely mean Premiership teams paying back money as opposed to receiving it in Season 18/19.:crazy:

Edited by Guest