Scotty

Great result and a good interview with Robbo very grounded hopefully we can get a result against Dunfermline offer me a draw now and I would take it, but a win would be very nice. Hopefully the fans well get right behind the team no matter what way the game is going . 4 clean sheets is great and did everyone else notice that League Leaders St Mirren only got a draw at Falkirk, which says something about our performance there last week

20 hours ago, Northern_jaggie said:

Good good good. How did Donaldson play? Can’t help but notice our fortunes since he has been in the team.

Another solid performance and boy did he enjoy letting the Arabs fans know it at the end of the game!!

• Like 1

I hadn't realised at the time that Bell was in the left back position winnIng the ball and effectively starting the move he finished a few seconds later at the other end.

Bell, Vigurs, Bell, Vigurs, Polworth, Mulraney, Bell GOAL!

Tremendous.

Edited by Robert
  • Agree 1

Great goal indeed, but if we were the ones conceding it we’d be asking about the defending and lack of tracking etc - we moved the ball 80 yards up the pitch without any opponents getting anywhere near to putting a challenge in.

2 hours ago, Robert said:

I hadn't realised at the time that Bell was in the left back position winnIng the ball and effectively starting the move he finished a few seconds later at the other end.

Bell, Vigurs, Bell, Vigurs, Polworth, Mulraney, Bell GOAL!

Tremendous.

All 4 combined brilliantly to produce a wonderful team goal. But what I like most about the goal is the way the guys seemed to focus their congratulations on Mulraney. He's taken a bit of stick for having no end product but he got the assist for this and I think that is maybe his first.   For his team mates to react as they did will be really important in helping Jake utilise his undoubted skills as part of a team.  That might be the best goal we score all season, but if it marks the transition of Mulraney into a team player, it might also be the most important. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

58 minutes ago, DoofersDad said:

But what I like most about the goal is the way the guys seemed to focus their congratulations on Mulraney. 

You can see the way they are becoming a team by the way they all celebrated the goal. Hopefully it will give Jake a huge boost too.

• Agree 2

10 hours ago, AncientMariner said:

You can see the way they are becoming a team by the way they all celebrated the goal. Hopefully it will give Jake a huge boost too.

Takes a bit of time doesn't it, new gaffer, loads of new players, who is any good, who works well with whom, who will settle in? Definitely some green shoots there, and that 2nd goal is a thing of beauty...If Man City had scored that it would be on SkySports all weekend, the ball was moved so quickly it caught all of Dundee's team out. Looked like a great away crowd btw!

As an aside loving the new shop and the work of the Stadium Development Project, feels like the club is going in the right direction

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, Yngwie said:

Was this the first time our fans have been behind the goal at Tannadice?

Can't remember being put in the "shed" before. Always used to be a section of the main stand or the enclosure.

Does anyone know where extended highlights may be found?

I'd like to see the other good chances we allegedly had.

Other championship clubs seem to have highlights of games that extend beyond merely the goals scored from various angles.

CIF 73 I will second that .

After our Overseas Highlights were unceremoniously removed from under our noses without a sliver of an explanation, it would seem  a good P.R . idea for the club to at least officially show us the  thrilling incidents or goals in the matches. 

After all, we are a team that has tumbled but remain on the way up. and therefore it needs every word of praise and support that we fans can muster step by step up the ladder of success. :ictscarf:

2 hours ago, Scarlet Pimple said:

to at least officially show us the  thrilling incidents or goals in the matches. 

The goals or highlights and interviews are always available in our own CTO reports which can be found here.

Full highlights are not always available unless we can source them from other clubs.

That was a great game to be at . Was at hospitality so surrounded by weeping Arabs!  Such joy.  We played them off the park aand were better in every department.  The only thing that slightly worried me was that we took the foot right off the gas and basically treated the second half as a training game.

Confident ,stylish and exciting football/. If we d have won by six they couldnt have complained.  Especially delighted for Coll Donaldson.  Coming back to Tannadump after the **** time he had there.  Must have been a great boost for the lad.  Didnt put a foot wrong.

Onwards and upwards ! 

• Agree 1

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic