Sign in to follow this  
Caman

Contracts - Who to get tied up?

Some of our team are out of contract by next summer. Here are my thoughts as to who we should be getting signed up on new contracts.

Vigurs - Absolutely must get him tied down. 

Polworth - Yes. He would be missed. 

Doran - Yes. Although concerns re his injury history. 

Bell - Yes. He knows how to put the ball in the back of the net. 

Donaldson - Yes. Young and showing signs of improving. 

Tremarco - Yes. Great servant and never says die. Life in him yet. 

Mulraney. Preferably. Showing signs there is a player there. 

McKay - Preferably. 

Baird/Oakley/Calder - Undecided. 

Elsdon - No. 

That will do just now as I have ran out of time. :ictscarf:

Edited by Caman

I think I'm right in saying Cooper and Donaldson have their contracts ending in January.  If he can carry on as he did on Saturday, I'd be inclined to keep Donaldson.  I've seen nothing from Cooper to suggest he offers the team anything, so I'd let him go and give one of the youths a chance.

• Agree 1

29 minutes ago, Renegade said:

I think I'm right in saying Cooper and Donaldson have their contracts ending in January.  If he can carry on as he did on Saturday, I'd be inclined to keep Donaldson.  I've seen nothing from Cooper to suggest he offers the team anything, so I'd let him go and give one of the youths a chance.

Forgot about Cooper. Which probably sums it up.

Problem is, the club is in a much more difficult position to offer new contracts unless money is found. I really doubt Vigurs would want to stay and I think there is zero chance that Polworth would stay.  

imo it's far too early to talk extended contracts - we are after all still 3rd bottom of the league😩

Agreed but there is then a danger you lose players to other clubs. Cannot see us getting relegated so we need to decide which players we want to keep and build a team around.

2 minutes ago, Huisdean said:

Agreed but there is then a danger you lose players to other clubs. Cannot see us getting relegated so we need to decide which players we want to keep and build a team around.

That is what I was thinking. Some of these guys are the next generation as the cup winning team is history now. 

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, Caman said:

Forgot about Cooper. Which probably sums it up.

Granted he scored against Brechin, but they're garbage and we were coasting at that time.  He's been absolutely anonymous the vast majority of the time he's been on the park for us.  Also, I can't remember what Zschusschen's situation is but I think we should get rid as quick as possible.  He looks dire.

11 hours ago, Caman said:

Some of our team are out of contract by next summer. Here are my thoughts as to who we should be getting signed up on new contracts.

Vigurs - Absolutely must get him tied down. 

Polworth - Yes. He would be missed. 

Doran - Yes. Although concerns re his injury history. 

Bell - Yes. He knows how to put the ball in the back of the net. 

Donaldson - Yes. Young and showing signs of improving. 

Tremarco - Yes. Great servant and never says die. Life in him yet. 

Mulraney. Preferably. Showing signs there is a player there. 

McKay - Preferably. 

Baird/Oakley/Calder - Undecided. 

Elsdon - No. 

That will do just now as I have ran out of time. :ictscarf:

Pretty much spot on.....

No mention of Raven. I still think he has o lot to offer even if it is advice to the younger players.

• Agree 1

41 minutes ago, bigman said:

No mention of Raven. I still think he has o lot to offer even if it is advice to the younger players.

He is away in January 

24 minutes ago, IBM said:

He is away in January 

Which is a pity just as the defence is starting to have a far more settled and stable look about it.

• Agree 1

Doran is too much of a risk to sign up at the moment, the last time he had a decent run in the Team was in the Butcher era!!

If he comes in, does well and stays injury free then yes sign him in March or so.

Donaldson is the top priority for us...

Unless Zschussen is in the frame to be inserted into the main squad in the near future he should at least be given a half  game or two and then released if he is obviously not going to fit in. The video we saw showed him as spectacular with the ball and  if there is any  substance to that impression  then J R has to sit down with this big lad and Zschuss him out mentally. Then make a decision because ICT can't afford to hang onto players where the overwhelming opinion is negative.

• Agree 1

If Donaldson is just signed until January, we must extend that now. He holds the defence together.

11 hours ago, bigman said:

Wouldn't disagree with that at all, but can't see it happening...think Robbo sees Seedorf in that position

On 28/10/2017 at 12:28 PM, bigman said:

Having just spoken to the man himself am sad to say its not looking like he will be here after January.

Also that is not through his own choice. He would like to stay. 

• Agree 1

18 hours ago, Scarlet Pimple said:

Unless Zschussen is in the frame to be inserted into the main squad in the near future he should at least be given a half  game or two and then released if he is obviously not going to fit in. The video we saw showed him as spectacular with the ball and  if there is any  substance to that impression  then J R has to sit down with this big lad and Zschuss him out mentally. Then make a decision because ICT can't afford to hang onto players where the overwhelming opinion is negative.

He has been injured for a few weeks now and probably another month or so. Won't make him a better player though.

1 hour ago, ferben1994 said:

Having just spoken to the man himself am sad to say its not looking like he will be here after January.

That's a shame-he's someone I could have seen going down the 'Ryan Esson' route....going into coaching & being available to the squad if needed.

He will be a loss, for sure. If Uncle Roy fancied signing him, I wouldn't hold that against him one bit.

Could even see him going down the 'Brora Rangers/CRC Evans' route.

All the best, David, wherever you end up...it's been a blast (apart from last season, obviously....)!

• Agree 1

^ not all players can or want to be coaches

Sadly for Doran I think his time will be up at our club unless he is back and playing consistently and able to demonstrate fitness for a significant number of games. Unfortunate for the lad but as a high earner he's a luxury hope we can't afford although time is on his side and he's got a good few months yet.

• Agree 2

I would put a hold on any extension talk unless we are in a play off position by Christmas .

4 hours ago, ferben1994 said:

I would be signing Raven until end of season. He offers so much in both defence and attack. Will be hard to replace

• Agree 1

Since he and tremarco have returned into the full back positions their experience has really helped solidify the defence. I have no idea what the financial situation is but unless Seedorf returns a much improved player we will be significantly weakened.

• Agree 1