Sign in to follow this  
Caman

Contracts - Who to get tied up?

31 minutes ago, chedan1 said:

Worth nothing this regarding Jake Mulraney's girlfriend. Could very well mean a long term stay with us

Eh?

• Disagree 1

The priority must be to keep Iain Vigurs. Yet again today he was the dominant player in midfield and we lost bite and shape when he was subbed. 

Of the outfield players he has been player of the season by a country mile. I’ve always been a great fan of Aaron Doran but with the number of players already signed to end of next season and beyond, I rather doubt we will be able to afford to offer contracts to both. Much as I like Doran, if we can afford only one of them it would have to be Vigurs. He has been outstanding. 

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

30 minutes ago, DoofersDad said:

The priority must be to keep Iain Vigurs. Yet again today he was the dominant player in midfield and we lost bite and shape when he was subbed. 

Of the outfield players he has been player of the season by a country mile. I’ve always been a great fan of Aaron Doran but with the number of players already signed to end of next season and beyond, I rather doubt we will be able to afford to offer contracts to both. Much as I like Doran, if we can afford only one of them it would have to be Vigurs. He has been outstanding. 

It's a tough one for Robbo! With the budget he will have and them being high earners just now I'm not sure if they will accept reduced terms. But will they get better offers elsewhere? I would like to keep them both but I don't think we will. 

I was just saying yesterday that Aaron should sign a new 6 month deal with us. He is still finding his way back after a very serious injury. We’ll give him a pre-season and lots of game time which he might not get if he goes to a club in a higher division. Yes, I know that he’ll get more  money elsewhere but I think he should stay with us on a reduced deal till at least Xmas and assess his options then. It’ll be better for his career and It’d be good for the club as well. 

On 13/04/2018 at 5:43 PM, Charles Bannerman said:

You'll have to wait until I get a hold of Shorty's uncle's pal so I can check I've got it right.

Please note, as illustrated at the start of the second paragraph of my last post, that I was in no way seeking to pass judgement in either direction on what the board does. I was a full step short of that since I was only at the stage of attempting to establish the accuracy or otherwise of two claims to that effect.

I spoke to you this week, why didn't you ask me then 😘

11 hours ago, IBM said:

It's a tough one for Robbo! With the budget he will have and them being high earners just now I'm not sure if they will accept reduced terms. But will they get better offers elsewhere? I would like to keep them both but I don't think we will. 

There is players who were brought in this season on higher wages than any of the players still here from last season.

51 minutes ago, Shorty said:

There is players who were brought in this season on higher wages than any of the players still here from last season.

Doubt that. 

• Agree 2

Impossible to prove one way or the other.

14 hours ago, CaleyThistle said:

Surely that means he's leaving?

Mulraney's girlfriend doesn't live with him, she lives in Dublin. She's moving from Ireland to live with him which indicates a long term contract. And with no word of him having pre-contract talks with any other club, we can assume it's us.

Edited by chedan1
Added info

3 hours ago, Sir C the 3rd said:

I was just saying yesterday that Aaron should sign a new 6 month deal with us. He is still finding his way back after a very serious injury. We’ll give him a pre-season and lots of game time which he might not get if he goes to a club in a higher division. Yes, I know that he’ll get more  money elsewhere but I think he should stay with us on a reduced deal till at least Xmas and assess his options then. It’ll be better for his career and It’d be good for the club as well. 

That seems like a sensible idea..if Aaron feltable to sign a longer deal for less wages though, I'd be happy. Wouldn't blame him if he didn't though.

As for Vigurs, absolutely vital that we keep him. Polworth too, to some degree.

13 hours ago, IBM said:

A quandry indeed...glad I'm not the manager, having to make these decisions!

Think the way to go (as others have said already) is 'Quality', rather than 'Quantity' for our squad.

4 hours ago, jingsmonty said:

That seems like a sensible idea..if Aaron feltable to sign a longer deal for less wages though, I'd be happy. Wouldn't blame him if he didn't though.

As for Vigurs, absolutely vital that we keep him. Polworth too, to some degree.

Vigurs, Polworth and Doran. Vital we keep that three.

Mulraney - inconsistent and dispensable. He'll be off to a central belt club is my prediction.

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

I'd far rather keep Doran than Mulraney if that's what it comes to. Despite his wee purple patch a few months back Mulraney has been pretty poor again this season.

• Agree 4

Out of Doran, Vigurs and Mulraney, the latter would be the one I'd be the least desperate to keep.  He might have pace, but he doesn't offer what the other two can offer.

• Agree 2

I actually believe Jake is starting to mature a bit on the park and is on the cusp of being the player we all want/know him to be capable of.

Being settled is important to his growth, he has a year left on his contract and I'd love to see him pulling on our shirt again next season.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

58 minutes ago, CaleyD said:

I actually believe Jake is starting to mature a bit on the park and is on the cusp of being the player we all want/know him to be capable of.

Being settled is important to his growth, he has a year left on his contract and I'd love to see him pulling on our shirt again next season.

Ah i didn't realise that. I thought he was out of contract at the end of this season.

15 minutes ago, RiG said:

Ah i didn't realise that. I thought he was out of contract at the end of this season.

If we could get a decent fee for him I'd take it and use the money to get some of the more consistent performers secured on longer contracts. There is no doubt that Jake has some skill to go with his pace but he is far too often disinterested or a downright hot headed liability.

32 minutes ago, RiG said:

I could be wrong...or it might be an "option"...haven't double checked.

On 14/04/2018 at 10:43 PM, CaleyThistle said:

Surely that means he's leaving?

Since Aoife currently lives in Dublin, probably not; it means she's leaving for Inverness.

On 15/04/2018 at 5:19 PM, Caman said:

Vigurs, Polworth and Doran. Vital we keep that three.

Mulraney - inconsistent and dispensable. He'll be off to a central belt club is my prediction.

Slightly harsh on Mulraney - would agree that he needs to be more consistent but he has improved this season. 

I'd agree that Vigurs, Polly & Doran are the priority though...Jake still has the potential, but he really needs to be consistently effective, which he hasn't quite got yet - he has been here long enough now that we should be seeing more.

On another note, how long a contract does Zak Elbouzedi have? He's had his injury problems, but I thought he looked good when he came on against Dumbarton.

Big fan of people Twitter stalking our players girlfriend's pals to work out if we are going to sign them on an extended contract 

• Funny 2
  • Facepalm 1

On 15/04/2018 at 11:09 AM, Shorty said:

Incorrect

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, jamie ictfc said:

Incorrect

That is pretty obvious for two reasons. Firstly, even if we wanted to we couldn't have possibly afforded to and secondly, just who have we recruited this season who would remotely justify such a salary even if we were in a position to do so ?

Goodness knows where some of these ridiculous and plainly incorrect rumours come from.

• Agree 1