Scotty

A good performance from most players and apart from Baird's lack of discipline and ability, ICT showed that we are making the improvements necessary.

A big cuddle from Robertson for Baird when Robertson finally saw the sence in replacing him. The only weak player today was Baird!

Edited by neksor
  • Disagree 3

It's taken a while to become evident but it looks like there might well be a positive legacy to Foran's time in charge in the form of Jake Mulraney.

He frustrated for the whole of the season and at the start of this but John Robertson has managed to get him playing to his potential.

If we continue to play like this and Doran comes back anything like his former self, we might just shake up this division after all despite our dismal start.

Away to an in form Livingston will be another stern test but one we are well capable of passing.

• Agree 2

First time in a good while that I've left the ground with a warm glow, spring in step. Solid, assured performance.Robbo has found a set-up that works. Well done to him and all the lads! Just wish we'd been more clinical with 2nd half chances that would have taken a little pressure off the old ticker! Couldn't resist a little celebratory flurry in the club shop afterwards. :cheer01:

Edited by cif73
  • Agree 1

Are we allowed to call this a run now?

A few weeks ago I don't think anybody could see anything but three heavy defeats coming, instead we get 7 points out of 9 and extend the clean sheets to 5 in a row!  Outstanding transformation, there's obviously some great work going on in the background from everyone! Well done chaps, tough one coming at Livi next week so more of the same please :smile:

• Agree 1

Good to see our talented squad now performing as a cohesive unit and showing great fighting spirit. Hard to single out individuals after a superb team performance. Massive improvements all round. Lots of critics with egg on their faces this evening!

We are staying up.

7 minutes ago, AlexJones said:

Good to see our talented squad now performing as a cohesive unit and showing great fighting spirit. Hard to single out individuals after a superb team performance. Massive improvements all round. Lots of critics with egg on their faces this evening!

We are staying up.

We are going up.....

• Funny 1
  • Facepalm 1

50 minutes ago, CaleyD said:

Baird may not (yet) be finding the net, but he puts in a power of work and deserves credit for contributing to the team's overall performance.

Think he just needs to build some confidence and composure, he looks like he's so eager to score that he panics when he's in an opportunity. He's not got the pace or quick feet of Bell, but that won't stop him being in the right place to crack one in 

I really enjoyed the match.

A team performance against a good Dunfermline side.

I wouldn't worry about the argument between Polworth and Baird. They both show passion and want to win. 

Great build up for the goal, with Mulraney involved again and Bell deserved the man of the match award.

Sone unfair criticism of a Vigurs from some around me, but his class is showing.

Donaldson is a find at the back, and his passion and enthusiasm at full time shows he wants to succeed and he team to do well.

Perhaps not as dominant as last weekend, but overall a comfortable win. 8 points from last 4 league games. 5 unbeaten including the cup. 5 clean sheets. 

It could and should have been more, with at least three penalty claims turned down, Baird missing a sitter and Polly hitting the woodwork, but we closed the game out and won.

Up to seventh, hopefully more climbing to come!

• Agree 1

Yes Sat in the main stand today for the first time in a long while and was a bit bewildered at why the unwarranted criticism of Polly. His work rate is one of the best his play is one of the best and yes sometimes he misses a pass or mis controls the ball but he has the passion the drive and the skill.

• Agree 2

Robbo you 'have said it all, full marks to you for pulling this team together and instilling spirit. full marks too to the team for accepting  responsibility and adding purpose to your play. What a joy that was today, nail biting towards the end but determination shone through. Gordon Strachan take note two best players on the field today Bell and Mulraney, Giants amongst men. Special mention for Ridgers excellent performance and brought of a superb save backpeddling in a swirling wind, one of the most difficult saves to make . Yes well done to the whole squad you are now doing us proud, thank you.

• Agree 1

Great going home after that performance today a credit to Robbo and the whole team who all put in a great shift today :clapping:  The only complaint I had today was the referee and stand side assistant who were ******* awful :ohmy: although it's not so bad when you get the 3 points!

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, IBM said:

Great going home after that performance today a credit to Robbo and the whole team who all put in a great shift today :clapping:  The only complaint I had today was the referee and stand side assistant who were ******* awful :ohmy: although it's not so bad when you get the 3 points!

Well said IBM, great day altogether and brilliant result ?

50 minutes ago, MorayJaggie said:

Yes Sat in the main stand today for the first time in a long while and was a bit bewildered at why the unwarranted criticism of Polly. 

Unfortunately we do have a few knuckle draggers in the stands whom make it their responsibility to pick on Vigurs or Polworth depending on the wind direction. 

Even the Pars seemed impressed on their forum:

Topic Originator: OzPar   
Date:   Sat 28 Oct 16:01

Mulroney and Polworth have been excellent for the highlanders and I would struggle to pick any standouts on our side.

• Agree 1

Thoroughly enjoyable afternoon at TCS and it's been a while since I could say that!

At last, ICT are playing as a team. Pure entertainment in the first half - should have been 3 up at half time.

A bit nervy in the second half but did what was necessary.

Donaldson was my Man of the Match by a whisker.

Time to start BELIEVING!

Incidentally, noticed there were only 4 posts on this thread during the whole game. Then I figured it out - everybody was at TCS, watching it live!

Oh aye, as ever the ref was mince. And the stand-side linesman. As ever!

2 hours ago, CaleyD said:

Baird may not (yet) be finding the net, but he puts in a power of work and deserves credit for contributing to the team's overall performance.

Not too sure about that Don, his job as a striker is to score goals, or even to assist,  he is doing neither.

Edited by caley100

1 hour ago, bughtmaster said:

Robbo you 'have said it all, full marks to you for pulling this team together and instilling spirit. full marks too to the team for accepting  responsibility and adding purpose to your play. What a joy that was today, nail biting towards the end but determination shone through. Gordon Strachan take note two best players on the field today Bell and Mulraney, Giants amongst men. Special mention for Ridgers excellent performance and brought of a superb save backpeddling in a swirling wind, one of the most difficult saves to make . Yes well done to the whole squad you are now doing us proud, thank you.

Gordon Strachan??????   You pished bught?

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic