Stadium Improvements/Enhancing the Crowd

Renegade

2 hours ago, Renegade said:

Was it just me or did the tannoy seem a lot clearer on Saturday?  I have heard in the past that part of the issue is not the tannoy in and of itself but also the settings the user has it on.

I didn't think about it at the time but on reflection I do remember that I could just make out the names of the players coming on and off.  It wasn't anything like as clear as the tannoy at Dingwall the previous Wednesday though.

Evening people, i can never understand why some clubs outsource the catering, both hospitality and kiosks, its just laziness for a one off payment and then they forget about it!! I have to say the hospitality side at caley is excellent, i ate there a couple of seasons ago and really enjoyed it, but the club could make more money having it inhouse, its red poppy still i assume? As for the pies who does that? 

On 11/19/2017 at 7:03 PM, Maccvaliant said:

Evening people, i can never understand why some clubs outsource the catering, both hospitality and kiosks, its just laziness for a one off payment and then they forget about it!! I have to say the hospitality side at caley is excellent, i ate there a couple of seasons ago and really enjoyed it, but the club could make more money having it inhouse, its red poppy still i assume? As for the pies who does that? 

Its all about risk and reward really. Whilst I agree with those who say that we should use local suppliers - and we do have more than one or two who make pretty good fare - the club have opted to go down the zero risk route. For the concessions, they take a fee from the company who do the catering (badly in many cases) and they have zero risk. If the pie sellers are left with overstock or unsold pies, or a tray of them get so burnt they cant even attempt to sell them, there is no loss for the club. On the flip side, if that company make huge profits each week there is no extra profit for the club. If we were to do it ourselves we would have to employ people to do it, there would (quite rightly) be all sorts of H&S and hygiene training and regulations to adhere to and other hidden costs associated with basically running the equivalent of a 'cafe' 17 times a year. We operate on a shoestring budget already and this is one area where the club have probably got it right ... even if the caterers have not. When it next goes out to tender, would love to see us go for the best option rather than the cheapest one .... even if it means we don't take the highest bid. Having an organised eatery with decent food which keeps the club's customers happy is IMHO more important than a few extra quid a week. 

For the hospitality side its much the same I think. The club do have functions, conferences etc at the stadium and I assume food is supplied to these for lunches etc but unless they reach the critical mass where it makes sense to do all that in-house and do the matchday stuff in-house too then having a good external company providing decent food makes most budgetary sense. I have had hospitality a few times albeit not recently, and while I can certainly complain about the pies in the concourse, the hospitality was always decent or better.    

I've spoken to quite a few fans over the last years who've panned the catering, yet these same people can be seen waddling for a pie sometimes even before the whistle blows for half time.  If it's that bad, don't use it, it's as simple as that.  Don't criticise and then justify it's existence.  I think the catering at the stadium is vastly overpriced rubbish, so I haven't used it since we were in the First Division last time.

• Agree 4

yup ... that's why I seldom buy beer or food when I watch TFC ..... the same beer I get for $5 in the pub is $14 at the stadium! A pack of M&Ms for the little guy is $8 instead of about $3 and a single slice of Pizza is about $7 when I can go to the same supplier outside the ground and get 2 considerably larger slices for $5 

Although  costs have to be taken into account the fact of the matter is that emphasis should always be placed on quality first.

Reducing reliance on deliveries from Glasgow and other far-flung places seems almost nonsensical and not good public relations....i.e local caterers should always be given the first opportunity to quote and give different ideas  to the club's management before decisions become final.

And possibly sharing the business between more than one local caterer would be fairer, create a better quality of product through competition and sort the wheat from the chaff to allow for the best value for money to be on offer  to the fans. Not only that,  but the local businesses would not feel excluded from Caley's business allocations in the catering arena and would fully understand that the club wants to use their services provided the quality is there always. And contracts should not be overly long so that quality can not be allowed to slip due to the development of complacency within the catering ranks. One season maximum and then reviewed to allow for renewal.

The disabled should be a priority as to how to accommodate them. The goodwill alone cannot be underestimated when it comes to priorities of  allowing them through crowded lines, at least one staff member allocated to check with their needs. e.g offering blankets, a hot cup of tea and that sort of thing. When you show compassion and kindness to the disadvantaged, people notice and will be empathetic to the club's  need for their patronage which means greater income.

Sure it's work but there doesn't seem to be a lack of volunteers for the club and , believe it or not, emotional uplift and positive returns will be received by the younger element when they help the old and disabled like this.The latter are people too and will enjoy the game and , especially, the interest in their welfare which older folks crave. To feel ,part of a thriving and vibrant club for a senior is a wonderful way to make friends and encourage sales of tickets.

Now I'm off for my morning breakfast and cup of tea.       Cheerio chappies and chapesses .:wave: