Sign in to follow this  
MorayJaggie

NICK ROSS Trialist

Recommended Posts

On 11/11/2017 at 8:07 PM, MorayJaggie said:

The news in the north stand this evening is that his agent has said if it feels right sign.

His agent is clearly useless if he hasn't managed to get Nick a deal abroad after having over six months in which to do so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/11/2017 at 3:52 PM, Polo Chick said:

It's a no from me i cant see what he would bring to the team the little money they have needs to be on a decent striker where we will find one of those im not to sure

Think the youth team would be a good place to start...obviously not pitching someone straight in, but there are sime great prospects there, I'm sure - good strikers are hard to find on a transfer!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If he hasn't found anything elsewhere, I think it demonstrates a bit of a gulf between what he (and/or his agent) thinks he's worth and what any potential club would be willing to pay.  

It was interesting that he played on Wednesday night as a trialist.  If he had previously been offered something here and had refused to sign then why would Robbo give him game time instead of one of the youngsters?  It suggests to me that he may be interested in signing him but wanted to see Nick in action in a competitive game before deciding whether to offer him anything.  On Nick's performance,  I wouldn't expect that Robbo will be willing to offer him anything other than a basic contract.  If he does, then if Nick want's to get his career back on track, he should have the common sense to accept the offer and take the opportunity to up his game and demonstrate that he's worth more.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seemingly he was linked with a move to Azerbaijan at one point.  Whether he turned them down or they turned him down I don't know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having proven himself, with us at a higher level, I have no doubt that Nick would be a good signing for us.  I can only assume he is interested as he is seen training with us since appearing as a trialist.  I also assume that we are interested, if not , why try him and then let him train with us?   I would have thought, that not having had a club this season, he would grab any opportunity with both hands, to show other clubs that he has still got potential.  We could do a lot worse (and several times have done!).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, DoofersDad said:

If he hasn't found anything elsewhere, I think it demonstrates a bit of a gulf between what he (and/or his agent) thinks he's worth and what any potential club would be willing to pay.  

It was interesting that he played on Wednesday night as a trialist.  If he had previously been offered something here and had refused to sign then why would Robbo give him game time instead of one of the youngsters?  It suggests to me that he may be interested in signing him but wanted to see Nick in action in a competitive game before deciding whether to offer him anything.  On Nick's performance,  I wouldn't expect that Robbo will be willing to offer him anything other than a basic contract.  If he does, then if Nick want's to get his career back on track, he should have the common sense to accept the offer and take the opportunity to up his game and demonstrate that he's worth more.

That makes sense to me...he could be an asset (even on a short term deal). I wasn't at the County charity game, but someone I know was and commented on how well NR & Doran linked up..

Worth a punt, I think - although, as I said already, just a basic deal which fits in with our current wage structure

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/11/2017 at 3:54 PM, caleyboy said:

Sorry but I don't think he would bring anything to the table that we don't already have.

to those issuing the red dots. where would you play him and who would you leave out?

 

  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, caleyboy said:

to those issuing the red dots. where would you play him and who would you leave out?

 

To those lazily issuing red dots, surely it would be better to take just two or three minutes to explain why you disagree.

Much less confrontational and far more enlightening.

  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont bother with dots. I doubt he would currently break into the first 11 at the moment however it is a squad game.

I would say, we are very light in the central midfield position. At the moment we only have Vigurs, Polly and Trafford.  Vigurs and Polworth are likely to pick up suspensions and niggles along the season so a strong squad is critical if we want to be successful. I would rather bin Cooper and bring in Ross who can cover both wide and central midfield position, especially now Doran is fit again. Also his flexibility may allow us opportunity to change formation during games. 

However, this is all dependant on him accepting a squad players wage, which is perhaps unlikely.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A short term deal at the right price for the club would seem sensible all round. He gets a chance to sell himself, we get a versatile player who would be useful if injuries or suspensions start to bite.

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is no guarantee that a move abroad would benefit him since the Canadian Whitecaps are a tough team to get hired into.  He would have to play higher and harder than he might get away with here and the pace is not as slow as people think. He nevr was a major contribuitor with nus the last time out and hardly is a dynamic runner so is he approaching the zenith of his career perhaps?

Let him play a couple of games this year  and see what develops. But  I would prefer the up and coming young fella from the 2nd team.. MacKay isn't it -- there's a young player that deserves another shot and will thrive I feel.:smile:

Cheers

SP

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Scarlet Pimple said:

There is no guarantee that a move abroad would benefit him since the Canadian Whitecaps are a tough team to get hired into.  He would have to play higher and harder than he might get away with here and the pace is not as slow as people think. He nevr was a major contribuitor with nus the last time out and hardly is a dynamic runner so is he approaching the zenith of his career perhaps?

Let him play a couple of games this year  and see what develops. But  I would prefer the up and coming young fella from the 2nd team.. MacKay isn't it -- there's a young player that deserves another shot and will thrive I feel.:smile:

Cheers

SP

He will not make it into an MLS side ... not even the Whitecraps. The biggest issue is not ability, if he knuckled down and impressed on trial with someone he might be viewed as a potential signing, it is the fact that any team he went to would have to use up an international roster spot to sign him and these are regarded as valuable commodities. He is more likely to find a spot in USL and the wages there are probably less than he would be looking for (more like squad level at ICT).  The other issue in North America is the season is about to end so nothing doing until February or later when training starts up again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't see any value add in signing Nick. Neat and tidy, plays the simple passes, not a ball winner, not a goal scorer, not anything we need right now, we are well covered in his department. I wish him well in his search to find what he is looking for, but it's not here. All of a sudden some folk are keen to take a step backwards. Been there, done that, move on.

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, finmack said:

Just seen Dundee have released another ex-ICT player--- Danny Williams

That will be another thread wanting him back next🙈

  • Facepalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, finmack said:

Just seen Dundee have released another ex-ICT player--- Danny Williams

not surprised

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, finmack said:

Just seen Dundee have released another ex-ICT player--- Danny Williams

No offence to him, but he was rather ineffective. In the same bracket as Lewis Horner. Can see him going to one of of our Championship rivals or more likely to English lower leagues. That's his level.

Edited by Caman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   1 member