Scotty

Back to woeful defending in the first half. We were fortunate that the Bairns and Hippolyte in particular, left their shooting boots on the bus otherwise we could easily have gone in at the interval two or three down.

Much better in the second half and deserved to edge it. Good to see Doran back in competitive action. As others have said, Crusaders, either home or away, in the semis rather than the tedium of meeting another Championship club five times in a season.

We can win this competition and the confidence from that can only be good for our league campaign.

Edited by Kingsmills
  • Agree 1

Disappointing first half and lucky to go in level. I think we really missed Mulraney's pace in his attacking wide midfield role.

Much better second half, and I think we should have had a penalty when Baird went down under a push. Bell took his goal well, and his energy is impressive.

We did not control midfield as much as in recent weeks, but got the job done which is what mattered.

I will miss the Brechin game due to work, but hopefully we get three points then to set up what should be an interesting home game against St Mirren in a fortnight.

Credit to the defence, 7 clean sheets is a great achievement, even if first half today needed some luck!

Great to see Aaron Doran back, looking fit and lively. 

Edited by Robert

Not the greatest game of football, but all the things considered including  late kick off on a Saturday night, we'ld deserved win. Nervous first half but much more composed 2nd half and should have had the game buried by 75 mins. Vigurs stand out for me again, more so with his determination to stay on the field after getting injured. Solid defensive performance again, and again a lot to build on for the league campaign. Lot of positives to take from this last couple of months 

Edited by CableGuy

Probably a deserved win for us in the end after a pretty shaky first half performance. Considering the good defensive run we had been on recently it was quite surprising to see us looking pretty porous at the back for much of the first half with quite a few desperate tackles and scrambles throughout. Second half was much better, looked a lot more resolute defensively and had a much easier time of it after going a goal up as Falkirk started chasing the game a bit more which left gaps at the back. 

Well taken goal by Bell. I think the cross from the right was flicked up by either a Falkirk defender or perhaps Baird and it was a lovely shot lashed across goal into the net from the wee man after taking some time to steady himself. Probably should have added to our lead but for some wasteful play which on a fair few occasions saw a poor choice of final ball costing us a good chance to get a second.

Raven and Tremarco did well for us and Vigurs was really good up until he took a knock in the second half. Polworth was a bizarre mixture of really good support from midfield but also some very poor passing choices and almost trying to do too much and beat several men. He seemed to get a lot of abuse of those that were there in the North Stand which was, as per usual, over the top. Bell was fantastic and Baird, despite not scoring, linked well with the former.

Really poor crowd but that's probably to be expected given it wasn't a season ticket game and the bitterly cold temperatures. Fair play to the 100 or so Bairns fans for making it up the road. I think everyone was pretty happy it didn't go to extra time...

• Agree 1

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic