ALBA HALF TIME FEATURE - RAE & ROBBO

IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER

12 hours ago, Caley Stan said:

Rae's won me over with the dolphin analogy.

Yes, hard not to warm someone who sees our club in the context of our dolphins. What a marketing opportunity!  We've got dolphins, you've not. 

Edited by The Long Man
  • Funny 2

Good, generally positive and encouraging, interviews. The only thing I would take issue with is Robbo's assertion that 'we don't have the luxury of a hundred years of history behind us'. Yes we do, in fact we have well over two hundred years of combined history.

• Like 1
  • Agree 5
  • Disagree 1

Unfortunately the large majority of Caley and Thistle fans will look at their clubs' histories dying in 1994. If everybody had looked at the merger as being a "coming together" and a mere episode in history then our fan base would definitely be much increased. Robbo has got it spot on.

• Agree 2

Just now, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Unfortunately the large majority of Caley and Thistle fans will look at their clubs' histories dying in 1994. If everybody had looked at the merger as being a "coming together" and a mere episode in history then our fan base would definitely be much increased. Robbo has got it spot on.

I dont! Im the same as Kingsmills I look at it as double the history!!

• Agree 1
  • Sad 1

Interesting feature, which I missed on the night as I was sitting shivering in the North Stand...silly me!

I have to agree with Robbo about the history though - as a former Jaggie, we do have a long shared history with 'Caley', but our club was formed in 1994...please don't get me started on the Refuseniks who abandoned us though!! 

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, jingsmonty said:

Interesting feature, which I missed on the night as I was sitting shivering in the North Stand...silly me!

I have to agree with Robbo about the history though - as a former Jaggie, we do have a long shared history with 'Caley', but our club was formed in 1994...please don't get me started on the Refuseniks who abandoned us though!! 

Refuseniks did not abandon anyone or anything they simply did not want to become a part of a franchised institution, I admire their stance and their integrity 

Robbo is 100% spot on and I admire him for stating the bleeding obvious, maybe old Caley girl and Kingsmills should contact him if they take offence and tell him Hearts and Hibs should have merged years ago as it would have been the making of Edinburgh as a football force ffs 

Well said Robbo

Dougal

• Facepalm 1

His remarks tend to indicate that Caley's part in the Highlands is over  only over a few years whereas the merged teams have each had fairly long histories in the Highlands  and made reasonably significant contributions to Scottish Football over many years.

No one can reasonably be expected to start "at the top" so "history" is as much about early , humble beginnings, subsequent hard work, development and steady progress and constant interest and support from genuine fans and players often over many years. Now THAT, really, is the  history of both Caley and Thistle.

So, as far as I am personally concerned, I think his phraseology was somewhat of a downer and did not quite accurately portray all the interest, hard work and dedication of very loyal people over many years. But in, truth, it is merely a slip of the tongue in an otherwise interesting and forward-looking assessment of what is ahead for us. The challenge just to get back to the Premiership alone is daunting , especially when our income has been  significantly reduced this season.

G Rae does, however, bring to the club a solid appearance (no pun intended), a good speaking voice and delivery and presence which is to the benefit and leadership of the club.  And at least he seems to be genuinely interested in development and steady progress on all levels. I.e he is using his brain first and his words and actions second but in concert with his thoughts.  

As we grin and bear it, we have no reason to think that we can't repeat the impressive progress of the past but it will be a real test of the mettle and passionate desire of all at the club to meet the highest standards of conduct both on and off the park. I hope the absent fans see this as a truth as well and flock back in droves to give the vital financial and hand-clapping support that is needed also to achieve this goal. That means teamwork, both on and off the park , at all levels.

YES!  :ictscarf::clapping: