Sign in to follow this  
Caman

Irn Bru Cup semi final

I fancy a trip to Shropshire against New Saints.

Or a home game against them or Crusaders. 

Either would make a refreshing change to playing another Championship side five times in a season.

• Agree 2

Can the non-Scottish teams play each other ? Oswestry is just an hour away from Chorley - an away day in Belfasr is to be relished BUT those two away ties would cost us financially. So it is anyone at home but it will probably be Dumbarton away :cry:

SPFL list the Semi-finals for Saturday/Sunday February 17/18, 2018, with the Final on Saturday/Sunday March 24/25, 2018. Would therefore prefer a home tie in the semi at that time of year. We can give any of the other three an icy welcome to the North.

Crusaders or TNS away in that order for me.  Dumbarton at home would be typical though...

if we were to reach the final, against either Crusaders or TNS where would they play the final? would it end up being Stranraer, Dumfries or Hamilton? And what would happen if it became a TNS Crusaders final! ( hoping not obviously ) half way between the two? Douglas or Ramsay for the scottish challenge cup final

As I posted in the matchday thread, I reckon the draw for the Semis will be ICT against Dumbarton and TNS against Crusaders.

One non-Scottish team in the final might generate a bit of interest, but would there be any in Scotland if it was both?

The New Saints are the Welsh Berwick: they play in Oswestry, which is in England. 

I was under the impression the non Scottish teams get kept apart which would be it's either New Saints or Crusaders in the Semi. 

We've got a great chance to win this now and have got to be favourites. 

29 minutes ago, ICTPAISLEY said:

I was under the impression the non Scottish teams get kept apart which would be it's either New Saints or Crusaders in the Semi. 

We've got a great chance to win this now and have got to be favourites. 

They are in their first game, but after that it is down to be a free draw as far as I can see.

6 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Can the non-Scottish teams play each other ? Oswestry is just an hour away from Chorley - an away day in Belfasr is to be relished BUT those two away ties would cost us financially. So it is anyone at home but it will probably be Dumbarton away :cry:

Im sure the SFA cover travel costs if a Scottish team has to travel to another country and vice versa 

The SFA cover up travel up to £5,000.  I'm absolutely desperate for Crusaders away in Belfast and if you don't agree you're a damn liar!

6 hours ago, Renegade said:

The SFA cover up travel up to £5,000.  I'm absolutely desperate for Crusaders away in Belfast and if you don't agree you're a damn liar!

I am sure there will be some who disagree. That would make them people with a different view to you. It does not make them liars.

• Agree 1
  • Facepalm 2

I have no great desire to visit Belfast. Never have done and probably never will do. And that's no lie.

• Agree 1

Step away from that Daily Mail Gringers :laugh:

• Funny 2

5 minutes ago, Gringo said:

I have no great desire to visit Belfast. Never have done and probably never will do. And that's no lie.

Thats a shame. Belfast a fantastic vibrant city with great beer!!!

• Agree 1

I would like The New Saints away - purely for ease of travelling (have driven down that way a few times) & think it would be easier than going to Belfast -although I'd take Crusaders away too.

Since I missed the Astra away game, it's probably the closest I'll get to a European away trip for a long time, if ever!

Suspect we will get Dumbarton away though....

8 hours ago, RedCard said:

Im sure the SFA cover travel costs if a Scottish team has to travel to another country and vice versa 

8 hours ago, Renegade said:

Well thats' my bar bill sorted :drinking06:

• Funny 2

16 hours ago, bauhaus said:

if we were to reach the final, against either Crusaders or TNS where would they play the final? would it end up being Stranraer, Dumfries or Hamilton? And what would happen if it became a TNS Crusaders final! ( hoping not obviously ) half way between the two? Douglas or Ramsay for the scottish challenge cup final

I've booked flights and hotel for me and the missus to see Falkirk at home the weekend of the 24th/25th. Having just checked when the final is I may have to book some spare hotels all round Scotland....If we got through and Crusaders got to the final then St Mirren's ground would be a good bet...probably the best option for Dumbarton and TNS to get to.

Gonna have to do some contingency planning now! Not helped by not knowing which day it might be on.

5 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

I am sure there will be some who disagree. That would make them people with a different view to you. It does not make them liars.

4 hours ago, Gringo said:

Lies!  Lies!  Don't you tell me no god damn lies!

14 hours ago, RedCard said:

14 hours ago, Renegade said:

6 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Well thats' my bar bill sorted :drinking06:

for pre-game at least :drinking05:

I we get a trip away, i'd prefer Crusaders simply because they have history behind them and, i assume, a loyal (no pun intended) support base. TNS, like Astra, have moved to a different town in recent years and some of the original supporters of Llansantffraid FC have formed another club a la AFC Wimbledon. One of the few disappointing aspects of the Astra trip was that we weren't really able to engage with the club and its home.

Crusaders away would surely create a security risk you only need to look at the Linfield v Celtic tie this season to see what problems can occur 

having said that I suppose someone could wear a  long sleeved top to cover up any inflammatory ink work 

Dougal