Sign in to follow this  
Caman

Irn Bru Cup semi final

13 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

You should take in some local sights. Bath is famous for it's Royal Crescent. In Inverness we have Carnac Crescent.

Maybe Duncan can stay with Susan then :laugh:

16 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

You should take in some local sights. Bath is famous for it's Royal Crescent. In Inverness we have Carnac Crescent.

He's from Dudley.  Carnac Crescent should certainly impress.

14 hours ago, Duncan Gardner said:

Cheers. Like the other England-based travellers above, I fancy taking in the local sights. Not a golfer, more likely hiking, Culloden etc. ;)

Just go for a stroll down by the river & through the Ness Islands...nice way to spend an evening...

Hope you have a great time up in Inverness (well, not too great as I want ICT in the final...:lol:)! 

15 hours ago, DoofersDad said:

He's from Dudley.  Carnac Crescent should certainly impress.

Thanks for the welcome ;)

3 hours ago, jingsmonty said:

Or the Nip Inn...

It's in Merkinch. My favourite part of the Sneck. I'm meeting caleyboy and Susan there on Saturday for a game of doms. I will leave my car at home so it doesn't risk getting chewed. :laugh:

• Agree 1

18 hours ago, Caman said:

It's in Merkinch. My favourite part of the Sneck. I'm meeting caleyboy and Susan there on Saturday for a game of doms. I will leave my car at home so it doesn't risk getting chewed. :laugh:

sorry but i would prefer to play  doms with REAL Merkinchers so I'll watch you car!

Intriguing how you mention Susan as a bosom pal but don't tell us how you know him so well?  You got influence  at the club , eh? 

Canadians always say .."eh?" after a  sentence since they need confirmation of being loved and agreed-with.....like. :cheer01:

Crusaders now second in their league after a 1-1 draw away to the leaders Coleraine.

Morning all. Just a few snippets which may interest.

Crusaders and other highlights are on the Irish League Show- iplayer each Monday evening

We are in the NI League cup semi so possible clash as final is set for same weekend as Irn Bru semi

For anyone watching that BBC film on crues the local media present everything as Unionist v Nationalist It isnt really.

Im a lapsed Chelsea and saw Duncan Shearer score his only goal at the Bridge ;}

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

only back after a long holiday. Gutted this match isn't in Belfast as it would have been a very convenient away day for me. The crues are by far and away the best team in the irish league at the moment and can not be taking lightly. Full team should be out and we should be pushing to make the final which i think would be such a lift for the club after the last year. Kinda upsetting that some think a potential game before the draw in Belfast would have been a security risk. We have come a long way in the last 20 years and i would now rate Belfast as one of the more safer areas of the UK. There is also very little violence in our local game anymore. That aside my local side play away at the crues today and after losing 3-0 to them at home not long ago i expect a full slaughter today at seaview. My team always preforms poorly there that combined with them being good, us being awful and lots of injuries and suspensions it will be a drubbing. The crues have some cracking players that i am surprised have not made the jump to full time football yet. Cant make it over for this game unfortunately would have loved to be there in person. I hope it gets a TV spot and i can watch it       

• Agree 1

22 hours ago, Belfast Brigade said:

only back after a long holiday. Gutted this match isn't in Belfast as it would have been a very convenient away day for me. The crues are by far and away the best team in the irish league at the moment and can not be taking lightly. Full team should be out and we should be pushing to make the final which i think would be such a lift for the club after the last year. Kinda upsetting that some think a potential game before the draw in Belfast would have been a security risk. We have come a long way in the last 20 years and i would now rate Belfast as one of the more safer areas of the UK. There is also very little violence in our local game anymore. That aside my local side play away at the crues today and after losing 3-0 to them at home not long ago i expect a full slaughter today at seaview. My team always preforms poorly there that combined with them being good, us being awful and lots of injuries and suspensions it will be a drubbing. The crues have some cracking players that i am surprised have not made the jump to full time football yet. Cant make it over for this game unfortunately would have loved to be there in person. I hope it gets a TV spot and i can watch it       

:whoosh:

As far as I can see, we still don't know if the game is to be on the Saturday or Sunday.  A real pain for long distance supporters who have flights and accommodation to sort out

Disgraceful disregard for fans. I appreciate that TV may dictate but, even so, there is absolutely no reason why this couldn't be confirmed within a week of the draw at the very latest.

Sorry to rain on this parade but I couldn't care less, play the reserves, let's see what we've got, we might actually find a striker. I want to see us climb the league, who cares about some second rate cup.

13 hours ago, wynthank15 said:

Sorry to rain on this parade but I couldn't care less, play the reserves, let's see what we've got, we might actually find a striker. I want to see us climb the league, who cares about some second rate cup.

I do! We won this cup in the season we were promoted 1st time around.I realise it won't ever compare to 2015, but it would be a trophy & a good confidence builder for the league. Success breeds success...

• Agree 6

1 hour ago, jingsmonty said:

I do! We won this cup in the season we were promoted 1st time around.I realise it won't ever compare to 2015, but it would be a trophy & a good confidence builder for the league. Success breeds success...

I agree,  winning a trophy, however insignificant some may regard it, would be a good boost for players and fans.  I just wish 'they', whoever 'they' may be, would pull their fingers out and agree the date. so that 4 of us flying up from London for it, can get our flights booked while they are still affordable.  It must be a month now since the draw and still no confirmation of date.  Not good enough.

• Agree 1

I imagine the hold up with match details is, as stated above, the fact that Crusaders are still in the NI League Cup and if they win the semi final on the 12th December, the final clashes with the dates earmarked for our match with them.

23 hours ago, wynthank15 said:

Sorry to rain on this parade but I couldn't care less, play the reserves, ............

Just the approach The Arabs took in the last round v Crusaders and now they are top of the Championship.

6 hours ago, Row S said:

Just the approach The Arabs took in the last round v Crusaders and now they are top of the Championship.

But they will not stay there!

We're in a semi final ffs. Let's win it.

• Agree 3

49 minutes ago, TheMantis said:

We're in a semi final ffs. Let's win it.

This.

• Agree 1