Caman

Irn Bru Cup semi final

16 hours ago, Row S said:

Just the approach The Arabs took in the last round v Crusaders and now they are top of the Championship.

Everything to do with a change of management nothing to do with the fact that they underestimated their opponents and disrespected the competition in the last round of this tournament.

There is a trophy in sight and we are 180 minutes away from lifting it. Let's give it our best shot. As others have said, success breeds success.  Or, to put it more succinctly, I agree with Mantis!

• Agree 2

On 06/12/2017 at 4:08 PM, CaleyD said:

I imagine the hold up with match details is, as stated above, the fact that Crusaders are still in the NI League Cup and if they win the semi final on the 12th December, the final clashes with the dates earmarked for our match with them.

Just took a look to see the result of this game and it was postponed due to a frozen pitch.....now rescheduled for 16th January 🤪

2 hours ago, CaleyD said:

Just took a look to see the result of this game and it was postponed due to a frozen pitch.....now rescheduled for 16th January 🤪

Just as well for Crusaders. :cheer01:Failure to fulfil a SPFL fixture can carry very heavy penalties..... as ICT would have found out had they failed to play after their 14 hour trip to Dumfries.:amazed:

8 hours ago, Charles Bannerman said:

Just as well for Crusaders. :cheer01:Failure to fulfil a SPFL fixture can carry very heavy penalties..... as ICT would have found out had they failed to play after their 14 hour trip to Dumfries.:amazed:

Eh? If they win the rescheduled game, the same situation will apply, surely?

I'm also unsure what penalties the SPFL could impose on a club from an external FA that would be enforceable. 

7 minutes ago, HawkeyeTheGnu said:

Eh? If they win the rescheduled game, the same situation will apply, surely?

I'm also unsure what penalties the SPFL could impose on a club from an external FA that would be enforceable. 

Hawkeye..... I was only making an ironic observation about the SPFL😊

The New Saints v Dumbarton match has been confirmed for Saturday 17.

No confirmation of ours yet, presumably due to the NI League Cup situation. If it goes ahead on the planned weekend, looks like it will be a Sunday match.

21 minutes ago, MorayJaggie said:

Any word on a date yet?

No its much to early for our football authorities to give a date to allow supporters to arrange travel and accommodation :lol:

• Funny 1

If you meant the semi-final...this off the SPFL site   https://spfl.co.uk/challenge-cup/fixture/3640398/

Would be handy to know what day the final would be played on....wife and I are booked for the home match on the 24th...but if we get through that's out the window...I have hotels booked all over Scotland at the mo, but just how many advance rail tickets can I book to cover all angles!

image.png.b6d08a8460255289cd24f1cae41c48ac.png

• Thanks 1

I thought that weekend clashed with the Northern Ireland League Cup Finsl, so it may need to change if Crusaders win their semi final on 16 January.

When the SPFL announced the other semi date after Christmas they said ours was still to be confirmed.

I've bleated on about this uncertainty several times on this thread.  4 of us were planning a trip up from London for it.  I think it is unlikely now as the nearer we get to kick off the higher the airfares will be, obviously making the trip less attractive and affordable.  Fans seem to come last in the pecking order when it comes to arranging these matches. I do think though,  that 8 weeks on from the draw and still no certainty about date or time is really taking the proverbial!

Its terrible on the part of the SFA and irish league. If they had arranged a date then the club could have had this advertised in advance allowing more people the chance to book to attend. If this is going to be a reccurent theme then What benefit does the competition have from having teams from other leagues. It just makes it look like the non cup it's reputation has already in Scotland. 

On 20/11/2017 at 6:18 PM, DoofersDad said:

Almost two full months since the days of the draw and still no date, far less a time, for this fixture.

Beyond shambolic even by the standards of Scottish football administration.

This is (part of) the reason why I think it's ridiculous to have teams for other countries appearing in our cup competitions. Pathetic. As if the competition didn't have a low enough standing in the eyes of most fans now we have to wait until our opponents (I've already forgotten who we are playing) sort out their own domestic affairs before a date can be arranged.

44 minutes ago, MorayJaggie said:

Its terrible on the part of the SFA and irish league. If they had arranged a date then the club could have had this advertised in advance allowing more people the chance to book to attend. If this is going to be a reccurent theme then What benefit does the competition have from having teams from other leagues. It just makes it look like the non cup it's reputation has already in Scotland. 

don' t think this has anything to do with SFA is it not a competition controlled by SPFL? if it's not involving the premier league it therefore doesn't matter! sorry if this seems I'm nit picking. 

52 minutes ago, caleyboy said:

don' t think this has anything to do with SFA is it not a competition controlled by SPFL? if it's not involving the premier league it therefore doesn't matter! sorry if this seems I'm nit picking. 

Sorry my mistake I forget which body has control of which competition.

59 minutes ago, MorayJaggie said:

Sorry my mistake I forget which body has control of which competition.

One is as bad as the other with no thought of the fans and they wonder why they are getting less support!

See the other semi final down in Wales is being played at 19.45 at night. Hopefully we don't get a stupid date and time for ours. A 15.00 on a Saturday to maximise attendance is needed. And after our recent form we could get some silverware this year.

There's in being televised by S4C, hence the day/time.  As ours is also likely to be televised (BBC Alba), then it's not going to be a 3pm Saturday match.

The NI League Cup match is on Tuesday. Hopefully we get news on our semi date and time after then.

I see Crusaders are now top of their league.

I'm really looking forward to seeing a different team, and wonder just what the respective standards will turn out to be.

Edited by Robert

10 hours ago, CaleyD said:

There's in being televised by S4C, hence the day/time.  As ours is also likely to be televised (BBC Alba), then it's not going to be a 3pm Saturday match.

Does the club get a say?

2 hours ago, MorayJaggie said:

Does the club get a say?

These decisions are suppose to be "by agreement"...but in reality, clubs have no say.  He who pays the piper and all that!

• Thanks 1