Caman

Irn Bru Cup semi final

5:15 on a Sunday?

I take it that the SPFL have given up even pretending they care about more than two clubs. 

• Agree 2

SPFL could not CURRENTLY care one sweet SFA....................BUT ................The Scottish FA and Scottish Professional Football League should unite as one governing body, says Ross County chairman Roy MacGregor.

Apparently the club have written to the SPFL to express disappointment at the KO time.

I would be interested to hear if we get any response at all to the Chairman's e-mail - not holding my breath! I feel that the prices being charged will not exactly encourage many people to attend. Having said that I'll be there! 

3 hours ago, Alan said:

I would be interested to hear if we get any response at all to the Chairman's e-mail - not holding my breath! I feel that the prices being charged will not exactly encourage many people to attend. Having said that I'll be there! 

Was on the STV news that the SPFL say they will contact the club directly about their concerns.

You just put one. Twice.

• Funny 1

Crusaders will get some compensation but as our Chairman points out in as many words  'Don't expect Welsh or Irish teams to rush to participate next year if this is how you treat fans and clubs'.  Whilst the SPFL plan to contact the club - retrospectively it seems - history shows even a disjointed and demoralised SPFL looking for new leadership, is an immovable object.  In recent days we have heard Henry McLeish say "We need figureheads but the game is in desperate need of further reforms and relationships with government, relationships with fans, relationships with the game - it all needs to be looked at." http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42915443

53 minutes ago, CELTIC1CALEY3 said:

Crusaders will get some compensation but as our Chairman points out in as many words  'Don't expect Welsh or Irish teams to rush to participate next year if this is how you treat fans and clubs'.  Whilst the SPFL plan to contact the club - retrospectively it seems - history shows even a disjointed and demoralised SPFL looking for new leadership, is an immovable object.  In recent days we have heard Henry McLeish say "We need figureheads but the game is in desperate need of further reforms and relationships with government, relationships with fans, relationships with the game - it all needs to be looked at." http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42915443

On 03/02/2018 at 8:54 PM, HawkeyeTheGnu said:

5:15 on a Sunday?

I take it that the SPFL have given up even pretending they care about more than two clubs. 

The incompetent and ineffectual Stewart Regan is stepping down as chief executive of the SFA. Time the equally incompetent and ineffectual Neil Doncaster stepped down from his similar position with the SPFL.

They have presided over the best part of a decade of stagnation, at best. Time for a fresh more proactive approach.

Scottish football could do worse than combine the functions of the two organisations with the dynamic and successful Leeann Dempstet as CEO of the combined set up.

• Like 1

Crusaders were told weeks ago it was going to be on a Sunday regardless of the date - I wonder if we were too. 

The kick off time was also pushed back by 75mins to allow them to get the scheduled Flybe flight across to Inverness on the Sunday morning.

The SPFL appears to be accommodating the NI teams just fine.

Edited by Hiro
  • Agree 1

Had this been at a sensible time on  Sunday, no later than a 1500 kick off, then this would have swelled the attendance but the proposed kick off time has me seriously debating whether to attend as hugely inconvenient time for me personally.

OK. I'll say it.

What exactly is the problem with the kick-off time for everyone. It's not a disaster surely. It's as good a time as any, we are at home and it's something to do on a Sunday.

1 hour ago, caley100 said:

Yeah.....  beats songs of praise😁

Except that with Sunday games on Alba, you get Free Church Psalm singing at half time. They must be trying to keep the Lord's Day Observance Society on side.

• Funny 1

3 hours ago, tm4tj said:

OK. I'll say it.

What exactly is the problem with the kick-off time for everyone. It's not a disaster surely. It's as good a time as any, we are at home and it's something to do on a Sunday.

We really need to just adapt to these new kickoff times. Times are changing and it's never going to be Saturday at 3pm every time. If it was I wouldn't make any games these days. Now the Dunfermline game has been moved to a Tuesday night I can actually go. 

If the game was changed to help the Irish team with travelling then that seems reasonable to me.  

6 hours ago, ICTPAISLEY said:

We really need to just adapt to these new kickoff times. Times are changing and it's never going to be Saturday at 3pm every time. If it was I wouldn't make any games these days. Now the Dunfermline game has been moved to a Tuesday night I can actually go. 

If the game was changed to help the Irish team with travelling then that seems reasonable to me.  

The real point is not just the kick off time, but the fact that it took about 10 weeks from when the draw was made in mid November until the end of January before the date/time was confirmed.  As I've said before, this makes it almost impossible (or extremely expensive) for fans travelling a long way who need to make air and accommodation arrangements at the last minute.

• Agree 4

1 hour ago, Caley Mad In Berks said:

The real point is not just the kick off time, but the fact that it took about 10 weeks from when the draw was made in mid November until the end of January before the date/time was confirmed.  As I've said before, this makes it almost impossible (or extremely expensive) for fans travelling a long way who need to make air and accommodation arrangements at the last minute.

Totally agree. Not every ICT fan lives in Inverness. Even if the kick off time is up for debate had they just sorted this out weeks ago people could at least have made plans to attend.

• Agree 4

If Alba wanted to televise this game and respect the fans they could have surely made it either lunchtime Sunday or even in the evening on the Friday (has to be better than Sunday evening).

Edited by Eagle4Caley
  • Agree 1

Despite the kick off time and the fact that the game is on TV - I got my ticket today!! 

• Agree 1

Tha mi a 'smaoineachadh air a bhith ga coimhead air Alba, beagan vodca roimhe, rè agus às deidh. Chan eil duilgheadas agam leis an àm.

5 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Tha mi a 'smaoineachadh air a bhith ga coimhead air Alba, beagan vodca roimhe, rè agus às deidh. Chan eil duilgheadas agam leis an àm.

That's easy for you to say (type) :crazy:

• Funny 1

17 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Bidh mi a 'coimhead air adhart le cead bho BBC Alba le cuppa snog ... a thaobh na rugbaidh' meh

31 minutes ago, Eagle4Caley said:

Bidh mi a 'coimhead air adhart le cead bho BBC Alba le cuppa snog ... a thaobh na rugbaidh' meh

Tha Sassenachs a-nis a 'bruidhinn Gàidhlig. Dè a tha an saoghal a 'tighinn?