New Striker

41 minutes ago, CaleyD said:

I'm with TM4TJ & Kingsmills.  Wouldn't expect him to have the work rate (in terms of distance covered) that we have at the moment, but he's a powerful fella and could be dangerous with the right supply.

I agree with you. I thought he played well against us and said at the time to my son that he might be worth a punt. He held the ball up well and could brush off a challenge. 

I think the £375k is only for spl clubs this season, but I'm not 100% on that. I'd like to see Oakley be given a run as we have the shortest strike force in any of the leagues currently and he can help out with the defence at corners etc. Just a thought.......

On ‎11‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 1:02 AM, Scarlet Pimple said:

Not too concerned by the loss for last year since the club will receive 375 thousand pounds on Thursday from the International football bodiesl 

At least that is the comment, almost word for word,  I came across today in the SPL website .

let's see if it happens exactly that way.

Then you have the projected loss for the current year of around £300,000.

2 hours ago, IBM said:

He was playing on Saturday

.....but subbed at half time.

According to Robbo last week Zschusschen will be like a new signing, when he eventually gets fit. ? 

Edited by Row S

7 hours ago, Row S said:

.....but subbed at half time.

According to Robbo last week Zschusschen will be like a new signing, when he eventually gets fit. ? 

Aye, but a s###e one!!!!

I wasn't at the Brechin game so can't comment on Layne's performance. But Brechin fans are not complimentary about him on P&B and he has only 15 goals in nearly 3 years - mostly at Scottish League One level. He isn't the answer.

Sounds like we're looking to offload Zssuschchen in January - whilst injuries have held him back, he certainly didn't impress in his handful of appearances. Certainly he's not the 20 goals-a-season forward we're looking for. Neither are Baird or Oakley though.

It's more likely that we will grab someone on loan from the Premiership - or someone who is let go from a Premiership club in January. Fisher had come to mind for me too - he only played at the weekend because Moult was unavailable, but is on the bench most weeks and Well probably want him as a reserve.

County have loads of strikers, but only play one up front under Coyle. Billy Mckay (!!!) and Thomas Mikkelsen aren't in favour. Just saying, like.

Young Premiership forwards who might be available on loan include youngsters such as Steven Boyd (Hamilton), Aidan Keena (Hearts), Willie Graham (Kilmarnock) and Kevin Nisbet (Partick). Oli Shaw of Hibs would be a great option but he's impressed so much that I doubt they'd loan him out. 

Or we might get a random striker from down south I suppose.

On 11/12/2017 at 7:27 PM, rubtest said:

I think the £375k is only for spl clubs this season, but I'm not 100% on that. I'd like to see Oakley be given a run as we have the shortest strike force in any of the leagues currently and he can help out with the defence at corners etc. Just a thought.......

It is based on last season's SPFL Premier league clubs, I believe, therefore I beleice we are entitled to the £375k-not next season though for a similar payment.

I'm prepared to give any striker that Robbo signs the venefit of the doubt - at the sort of level/wages we are at, it's either going to be a rough diamond or a striker at the tail end of their career.

Assuming David Raven (who we'll miss) going off the wage bill wilk free up some resources? What about Cooper - will he be offered a conrract or moced on? I'm ambivalent, as have seen very little from him so far.

Have been keeping an eye on Chris Duggan of East Fife who is now getting a run after being dogged by a hamstring injury which turned out to be a torn muscle. Has paid his dues in the lower leagues, was on Partick's books and is now starting to score regularly. Still only 23. As you move up the leagues the quality of ball tends to be better which helps a striker who can finish. Just my tuppence worth.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jingsmonty said:

It is based on last season's SPFL Premier league clubs, I believe, therefore I beleice we are entitled to the £375k-not next season though for a similar payment.

I'm prepared to give any striker that Robbo signs the venefit of the doubt - at the sort of level/wages we are at, it's either going to be a rough diamond or a striker at the tail end of their career.

Assuming David Raven (who we'll miss) going off the wage bill wilk free up some resources? What about Cooper - will he be offered a conrract or moced on? I'm ambivalent, as have seen very little from him so far.

If Elbouzedi and Doran are fit we can do without Cooper.

Likewise, if Seedorf is fit he can replace Raven. 

I'd maybe keep Cooper until the summer as unsure about fitness/resilience of above 3, but sacrifice him if it is him or a new striker.

Edited by Guest

33 minutes ago, Caman said:

If Elbouzedi and Doran are fit we can do without Cooper.

Likewise, if Seedorf is fit he can replace Raven. 

I'd maybe keep Cooper until the summer as unsure about fitness/resilience of above 3, but sacrifice him if it is him or a new striker.

From what I've seen so far this season I am extremely sceptical about this statement.

2 hours ago, RiG said:

From what I've seen so far this season I am extremely sceptical about this statement.

My 'if' and 'unsure' words make it more a query than a 'statement' about all three. 

Edited by Guest