Media Coverage

ff
AUDIO COVERAGE
LIVE TEXT (ONLINE)
VIDEO
TEAM LINEUPS
2017-11-28_14-15-23.jpg
Tweets by @ICTFC

I'm in Glasgow due to work commitments glued to the BBC text commentary whilst my brother in law is using my ticket!

Seems very one sided although Brechin hit the post in the second minute.

7 shots on target with 5 saved, 3 from Mulraney all sounds good. Hopefully someone there will confirm we are well on top.

Nice also to see St Mirren behind after Saturday's fiasco, but a pity Dumbarton are winning. That said, Queen of the South seem to be on a bad run and we have nothing to fear in Dumfries on Saturday.

Onwards and upwards!

Really good night's work, especially with the other results. Keep this up and we will gradually pull ourselves up to near the top five, so to be thereabouts with the second half of the season still to come would be very satisfying after the tricky start we had. Well done, Robbo.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Chuffed for Baird, and Oakley....Bell on target again, and another clean sheet. It might be 'only' Brechin, but actually they've rarely been stuffed this season and got a decent draw with Dundee Utd at the weekend. With Brad's goal that is more tonight than all our previous home league games!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Scarlet Pimple said:

Very pleased for oor John Robertson who deserves this win. 

And the club and players for what appears from afar as another good effort.  Am I wrong in thinking that Ian Vigurs was not playing. Sorry about that if not.

Vigurs suspended after sending off against St. Mirren. Polwarth put in an excellent midfield shift, outstanding delivery from corners as well as a good range of passing from him. Bell and Mulraney both lively and the defence looked pretty solid after an early scare. All in all, a really impressive team performance, beautiful fourth goal from Oakley and good to see Doran back on his feet. Nice work all round!

• Like 1

A good win tonight against a team that drew with Dundee United on Saturday :ohmy: we played well but at times it looked more like a training game and did not feel like a four 4-0 win but it sets up well for Queen of the south.

Good team effort and commitment. 4 goals, another clean sheet. Was sure Mulraney was going to score tonight, but it didn't happen. Not for want of effort from him though.

Goal difference now minus 1. 

Good that Dumbarton and QOS drew. 

Onwards to Saturday. Good luck there lads. 

:ictscarf:

A stroll to be honest. 4-0 going on 8-0, as IBM said, looked like a training match at times. Shooty in, jumpers for goal posts and three corners a penalty.

Great start.They did hit the base of the post when a ball sat up nicely and was lobbed over Ridgers but struck the post with keeper beaten. Out of the blue really. We were in total control but got a bit slack at times, maybe it was too easy. However, never in doubt and the final two goals rounded off a good night. Oakley took his goal well, clipping a tidy through ball over the advancing keeper, a bit Stewartesque.

Their burly number 10, Isaac Layne I believe was a robust fellow and he caused a few problems with his power, but overall, Donaldson was up to the challenge.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

A very good three points, I just felt we missed the opportunity to get more goals,  we took our foot off the gas a little in the second half . Mulraney was good in the first half but faded in the second. Glad Baird got a goal and you could see by the way the whole team celebrated it that there is a good team spirit in the group.

• Agree 2

Very comfortable win without ever playing particularly well. We will certainly play better than that and lose in other games.  Brechin were a bombscare at the back and I think the number of chances we had is more a reflection of their woeful defending rather than any real incisive play from us.  The fourth goal was the pick but the game was over as a contest by then.  For Brechin, McLennan and particularly Layne were strong lads who offered a genuine threat up front. however, McKay and Donaldson marshalled them very effectively  and were central to us getting another clean sheet.  I thought Mulraney gave one of his most mature performances to date.  It was a good mix of taking players on and playing the safe ball and he was close to getting that elusive 1st goal for us.  He is clearly developing under Robbo.  Good shift to by Raven and Ridgers looked assured between the sticks.  A good confidence booster all round.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MorayJaggie said:

7 points clear of 9th place. 

13 points off top. If we can pick up another 12 points over the next 5 games before the end of the year and just passing the hallway point we should be in a much more positive place - given our fixtures this is possible.

QoS (A)

Falkirk (H)

Dumbarton (H)

Morton (A)

Brechin (A)

2 tricky away ties but should look to win both home & the Brechin game as a minimum. 

Good result and reduces our goal difference. Never under any real pressure though.

Some decent performances with Donaldson looking better in every game I have seen him. Looks like he can play a bit too, bringing the ball out from the back and looking to play a  pass.

Attendance given as 1800 not bad for a wet Tuesday night.    

Interesting that Robbo is talking about losing two or three players in January and bringing in one or two. Sounds like good management to me that we have kept our options open, aren't stuck with players we don't need and can improve the squad. Should be a very interesting second half of the season.

2 hours ago, The Long Man said:

Interesting that Robbo is talking about losing two or three players in January and bringing in one or two. Sounds like good management to me that we have kept our options open, aren't stuck with players we don't need and can improve the squad. Should be a very interesting second half of the season.

As Raven seems certain to go, Seedorf is the obvious replacement.

I would also dispense with Calder and Cooper and bring back Danny Williams. DW can play in defence and midfield and is as good football wise as either of them. He also has a good attitude which I don't think Calder has.  

12 hours ago, ICTFC said:

I do like listening to Robbo. A straight-talking, down-to-earth guy who gives a honest, balanced account, taking most/all pertinent factors into account. As previous posters have said, the confidence-boosting win last night was partly down to Brechin's defensive shortcomings. However, I do now feel much more positive about the future on the pitch and am pleased to hear that consideration is being given to sensible squad changes (in's and out's) in January whilst not neglecting youth options either. :ictscarf:

P.S. This is not Robbo's account. :crazy:

• tm4tj unpinned this topic