Sign in to follow this  
Caman

Managerial Merry Go Round

Derek McIness off to Sevco? Likely. How does this relate to ICT

Aberdeen - Tommy Wright as new manager.

St Johnstone - McIntyre/Dodds or John Hughes as manager. Brian Rice joining up with JH again? 

Might be a good thing. Would maybe get some compensation. Would allow Robbo to bring his own man / fund new players.

Thoughts?

Edited by Caman

While its all speculation, I'd think 'if' Deek goes - firstly can The Rangers afford him, secondly if he talks to them can they provide the security he wants afterall he ducked out of Sunderland. Taking on that Rangers gig and not failing or screwing up his career is not going to be easy, they have unrealistic expectations, zombies who change position constantly and seem to be skint but dupe everyone into thinking they have pots of gold beyond the season ticket income. 

Deek > Rangers

Jack Ross > Dons

Jim McIntyre > St Midden

Yogi > Jellystone looking for picnic baskets 

I'm no fan of Rangers but I must admit I'm taking a small degree of pleasure in seeing Aberdeen losing some of their prize assets for a change.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

16 minutes ago, RiG said:

I'm no fan of Rangers but I must admit I'm taking a small degree of pleasure in seeing Aberdeen losing some of their prize assets for a change.

That was my first thought but unlike us they will be compensated handsomely

We need a competitive league, and if the Glums keep buying out players and managers from the rest it devalues the whole thing, especially as a lot of them go there for the chequebook. It wouldn't surprise me at all if MacInnes struggles there, the place being the dysfunctional club it is.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, The Long Man said:

It wouldn't surprise me at all if MacInnes struggles there, the place being the dysfunctional club it is.

It wouldn't surprise me either if he struggles at Ibrox. As plenty Aberdeen fans are quick to point out, he has disappointed with approach/results from big games. Against other teams, he's only really returned Aberdeen to what they should achieve based on budget (and consequent natural pecking order).

As with most things associated with The Rangers, there is a stench about this.  The Rangers have sacked their manager yet have no-one ready and waiting to take over, nor do they seek applications in the normal way.  Instead they appear to have decided on who they want and are determined to get their man despite the fact that Aberdeen have refused The Rangers permission to speak with McInnes and McInnes having apparently told the Aberdeen Chairman that he is going nowhere.

On the face of it, it looks as though McInnes is in the position of being able to demand whatever he wants.  If they have committed so completely to McInnes and then fail to offer terms which McInnes will accept, then they will be pilloried by their own supporters. McInnes would appear to have a good deal and a secure future at Aberdeen and therefore he will know that failure at Ibrox (or perceived failure against unrealistic expectations) might all of a sudden make his future far less secure. 

A possible scenario is that Milne and McInnes are in cahoots to shaft the Ibrox mob.  After all the prevarication, Milne gives permission for an approach.  McInnes asks for a package which even The Rangers baulk at.  McInnes then tells The Rangers he does not want the post, returns to Aberdeen with a nice little loyalty bonus and gets down to the January window business whilst their principal rivals are left with nobody at the helm.  Probably wishful thinking though.  

I can't help but think that The Rangers would not leave themselves open to unreasonable demands from McInnes.  Whether they've asked permission from Aberdeen to approach him, McInnes will know what is being offered.    Maybe he and The Rangers are in cahoots to drag this out so that it is Aberdeen who are shafted just before the transfer window opens.

Whatever the truth, there is some pretty shabby behaviour going on.

STV news are reporting that Derek MacInnes & Tony Docherty are reportedly staying with the sheep...can't say I blame them, Sevco are dysfunctional at the best of times & particularly just now.

Been fun watching Aberdeen get a taste of their own medicine for once.

Methinks Ryan 'Union' Jack will be a relieved guy if MacInnes stays!

Could have seen Jack Ross being a contender for the Dons Job if MacInnes had gone, right enough

4 hours ago, weeman said:

That was my first thought but unlike us they will be compensated handsomely

That's because unlike us, in the past at least, they have taken prudent steps to secure that that is the case.

For what it's worth, I doubt if any managerial movements will have any impact on us at all.

Walter Zenga  reportedly at Ibrox closing in on the job of organising the clubs Secret Santa  :crazy:

• Funny 1

5 hours ago, DoofersDad said:

As with most things associated with The Rangers, there is a stench about this.  The Rangers have sacked their manager yet have no-one ready and waiting to take over, nor do they seek applications in the normal way.  Instead they appear to have decided on who they want and are determined to get their man despite the fact that Aberdeen have refused The Rangers permission to speak with McInnes and McInnes having apparently told the Aberdeen Chairman that he is going nowhere.

On the face of it, it looks as though McInnes is in the position of being able to demand whatever he wants.  If they have committed so completely to McInnes and then fail to offer terms which McInnes will accept, then they will be pilloried by their own supporters. McInnes would appear to have a good deal and a secure future at Aberdeen and therefore he will know that failure at Ibrox (or perceived failure against unrealistic expectations) might all of a sudden make his future far less secure. 

A possible scenario is that Milne and McInnes are in cahoots to shaft the Ibrox mob.  After all the prevarication, Milne gives permission for an approach.  McInnes asks for a package which even The Rangers baulk at.  McInnes then tells The Rangers he does not want the post, returns to Aberdeen with a nice little loyalty bonus and gets down to the January window business whilst their principal rivals are left with nobody at the helm.  Probably wishful thinking though.  

I can't help but think that The Rangers would not leave themselves open to unreasonable demands from McInnes.  Whether they've asked permission from Aberdeen to approach him, McInnes will know what is being offered.    Maybe he and The Rangers are in cahoots to drag this out so that it is Aberdeen who are shafted just before the transfer window opens.

Whatever the truth, there is some pretty shabby behaviour going on.

Well guessed. I am laughing so hard.

Oh well, given he ain't going to Sevco there will be no impact on us. End of thread. 

Be funny if McInnes is appointed Scotland manager next week though. :laugh:

Edited by Caman
  • Funny 1

1 hour ago, Caman said:

Oh well, given he ain't going to Sevco there will be no impact on us. End of thread.

Exactly! I didn't really give a sh*t anyway as anything to do with Sevco makes me switch off and is almost as much of a farce as sorting out Brexit.

That’s Sunderland and The Rangers out of the picture so where will he not be going next. 

i

9 hours ago, Downinthedumps said:

That’s Sunderland and The Rangers out of the picture so where will he not be going next. 

he's cumfy where he is and he knows it. probably also got a wad for his "loyalty". 😃

10 hours ago, Row S said:

Exactly! I didn't really give a sh*t anyway as anything to do with Sevco makes me switch off and is almost as much of a farce as sorting out Brexit.

The thread was to do with us, as I could have seen JH at St Johnstone,  and taking Brian Rice there. 

• Funny 1

On 07/12/2017 at 9:14 AM, DoofersDad said:

Yes. Just what are Dougal's thoughts on the matter?

Ecstatic that Deek told the Orcs to **** off is my thoughts on the matter

Oh how the mighty have fallen it gives me great pleasure knowing Sevco can no longer attract a manager of any semi decent stature 

Dougal

• Agree 2

11 hours ago, Caman said:

The thread was to do with us, as I could have seen JH at St Johnstone,  and taking Brian Rice there. 

St Johnstone are a prudently rub club. They would never be misguided enough to appoint John Hughes.

46 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

St Johnstone are a prudently rub club. They would never be misguided enough to appoint John Hughes.

League cup final with Caley

Scottish cup final with Falkirk

Scottish cup with Caley

First manager to get Falkirk and Caley into Europe

European football with Hibs

Im struggling to think of a manager around in Scotland with a better pedigree than that. 

He wouldn't be my choice for the Saints either but his record speaks for itself. 

• Agree 2

He's an odd one is Yogi.  To get three lower Scottish clubs into Europe is no mean feat so he must have some ability.  Winning cups and getting to cup finals isn't as difficult as some might be believe, but he did manage it enough to suggest that he does have something.  It seems though that the longer he insists on his philosophy, the more things start to go sour.  He also doesn't have the scouting range to find new players and his demands for money clubs don't have is asking for trouble.

A good manager?  Yes, in the short term but any longer than a couple of seasons and things go sour.

• Agree 2

8 hours ago, Renegade said:

A good manager?  Yes, in the short term but any longer than a couple of seasons and things go sour.

Yogi and José Mourinho - two peas in a pod.   :wink: