Any value from me having Caley and Thistle match Bookets before the merge of the two clubs?

Blair

2 hours ago, Blair said:

I own some Match bookets from before the clubs merged I was thinking if they have some kind of value for them sell them and give all the money to Caley.

A noble thought but I think you should keep them for your kids and grandkids. Unless somebody at the club could take them and put them on display at the stadium. They won't fetch much money wise.

• Agree 1

30 minutes ago, TheMantis said:

Unless somebody at the club could take them and put them on display at the stadium. They won't fetch much money wise.

I'd agree with that. There are a few Highland League programmes on eBay with starting prices of about 75p.

Picking up on the point about putting them on display - did anyone ever take over from Ian Broadfoot as club historian?  When I was clearing out the family home years ago, I found some old photos of Thistle, including one which claimed to be from the 1890s, and - we worked out - would be the oldest known photograph of Thistle.

I left them at the stadium for Ian - foolishly without making copies - and shortly after than he told me he was leaving because he had just moved to Perth.  So I have no idea what happened to these photos. Long since discarded, I expect.

I found the match programme from the last derby at Telford Street before the merger. Brought back memories for sure. Wouldn't part with it for anything. 

Talking of programmes, anyone willing to sell me match programme from Astra game? Someone knicked mine from under my seat when I went to the loo at half time that night. 

Edited by Guest

4 hours ago, snorbens_caleyman said:

I'd agree with that. There are a few Highland League programmes on eBay with starting prices of about 75p.

Picking up on the point about putting them on display - did anyone ever take over from Ian Broadfoot as club historian?  When I was clearing out the family home years ago, I found some old photos of Thistle, including one which claimed to be from the 1890s, and - we worked out - would be the oldest known photograph of Thistle.

I left them at the stadium for Ian - foolishly without making copies - and shortly after than he told me he was leaving because he had just moved to Perth.  So I have no idea what happened to these photos. Long since discarded, I expect.

I know Bryan Munro still keeps his stats up to date 

Keep them! Having traded a lot of jags programmes and memorabilia over the years the only things that make good money are shirts and centenary booklets.

Sad to say I wouldn't trust the club to look after any pre merger memorabilia....they can't even look after / respect the traditional red and black colours of jags !

Edit to say that, if press reports are to believed, they can't even look after their leasehold of the stadium lands !

Edited by RednBlackComeback
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Funny 1

I was compiling a couple of booklets for myself and my brother regarding the Jags title winning years in the 70's, and asked an official of the club on a number of occasions if he could help with some information, which he said he would, but never did, so maybe they have locked all the history away, never to be found. I eventually got in touch with Ian Broadfoot, who very kindly supplied me with some facts and figures, from which I used to research the information from old Highland News and Couriers and compiled the books. Ian also sent me a signed copy of his book, Against The Odds, a very interesting read.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

Ian also sent me a signed copy of his book, Against The Odds, a very interesting read.

Ian once gave me a whole box of 10x8 Caley prints which I was allowed to scan. I think you’re getting your book titles mixed up though :whistle:

35 minutes ago, TheMantis said:

Ian once gave me a whole box of 10x8 Caley prints which I was allowed to scan. I think you’re getting your book titles mixed up though :whistle:

I did indeed, 100,000 apologies, that was Mr Bannerman's book, it was of course Going Ballistic! That will teach me not to post late at night when I'm half asleep!

• Facepalm 1