Sign in to follow this  
MorayJaggie

Highland Derbies Next Season

On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 4:37 PM, caleyboy said:

no highland  derbies next season cos they will survive and we are nowhere near getting there. sad but realism must kick in.

It's true we will not return to Premier League football for a long time. To survive back in that league we need a sugar daddy, or more supporters. How can we entice better players to Inverness???. We are maybe better suited to the Championship. Without money being invested in the club, I hate to say it but "we are doomed". Realism has been kicking in to me for sometime.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

16 hours ago, finmack said:

It's true we will not return to Premier League football for a long time. To survive back in that league we need a sugar daddy, or more supporters. How can we entice better players to Inverness???. We are maybe better suited to the Championship. Without money being invested in the club, I hate to say it but "we are doomed". D Realism has been kicking in to me for sometime.

We need neither a sugar daddy or more surporters although, especially with regard to the latter, that would be a welcome bonus.

We survived in the top tier for over a decade, with one minor blip, without a sugar daddy or a large fan base. We did so with generally sound management both on and off the pitch sometimes combined with a measure of good fortune.

While we have no divine right to be in the Premiership, there is no reason whatsoever why we can't enjoy a similar run again.

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

40 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

We need neither a sugar daddy or more surporters although, especially with regard to the latter, that would be a welcome bonus.

We survived in the top tier for over a decade, with one minor blip, without a sugar daddy or a large fan base. We did so with generally sound management both on and off the pitch sometimes combined with a measure of good fortune.

While we have no divine right to be in the Premiership, there is no reason whatsoever why we can't enjoy a similar run again.

I would consider the blip to be major rather than minor.. We had no sound management ether on or off the field last season

5 minutes ago, finmack said:

I would consider the blip to be major rather than minor.. We had no sound management ether on or off the field last season

The blip I was referring to was the season we spent in the First Division under Butcher.

Our current situation is, without doubt, more than a blip.

Saturday 3rd March could decide RCs fate when they play Partick Thistle. Come on the Jags.  :clapoverhead:

Edited by Caman
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Caman said:

Saturday 3rd March could decide RCs fate when they play Partick Thistle. Come on the Jags.  :clapoverhead:

We are the Jags. They are merely Patrick.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Kingsmills said:

We are the Jags. They are merely Patrick.

We are Caley Jags. Not Caley, Not Jags. :ictscarf:

Who is Patrick? :lol:

Edited by Caman
  • Funny 1

5 minutes ago, Caman said:

We are Caley Jags. Not Caley, Not Jags. :ictscarf:

Who is Patrick? :lol:

Spongebob's mate.

• Funny 1

44 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

Bluddy automatic spell check..

Fanny.