James Vincent

bdu98196

Dundee are ready to let out-of-favour midfielder James Vincent, the 28-year-old who has 18 months left on his contract, leave on loan in January to free up wages for a new signing. (Daily Express, print edition)

From the BBC today, ex-player being released, I don't think he'd be a value for money signing but as most on here love to reminisce or link ex-players with returns, we may as well have a thread about it. Its a no thanks from me though. 

• Facepalm 1

26 minutes ago, Eagle4Caley said:

His run up the pitch to score the winning goal in the Cup Final is the memory we should let linger in our hearts for eternity

It was the only thing positive I ever said about him. Before that I was cringing and saying no, not him when he was standing on the touch line ready to come on at Hampden.  

• Agree 1

I'd be tempted if he were cheap (which he won't be) and wasn't injury-prone (which he is).

His bust-a-gut bursts into the penalty area to support the centre-forward and the amount of running he would do in games always made a positive difference. That said, in our current system he would best fit into the role that is currently occupied by Polworth, and he wouldn't be a sufficient upgrade to be worth taking any risks on.

• Agree 1

58 minutes ago, ictchris said:

Every time you start a thread linking us with signing an ex player, someone drowns a baby otter.

Stop killing otters.

There is a dead haggis in the swimming pool in my back garden!!  :redcard:

Edited by Guest

James was okay player in the past and he did score an amazing goal in the past but bringing him back now to me a bit pointless. To me the best kind of player for Caley to get is someone who's young scorer so we then get this player for say 2 to 3 years.

3 hours ago, CELTIC1CALEY3 said:

Danny Williams has played in two SPFL teams with James Vincent!  If he is serious about a return it raises questions about Cooper. Danny would certainly work hard if he returned. 

There is a Danny Williams thread. 

That run will forever dwell in S.P.'s memory. I sing in the bath to it. It was both enterprising and spectacular and we can't take a thing away from it's determination and outcome. Brilliant and heartfelt. Aye!

But, if youse yins dinna thunk it worth It then maybe we just "otter" leave it alone. eh?:smile:

• Agree 1

• 1 month later...