Scotty

Great result. Clinical first half with well made goals.

Polworth gets my Man of the Match with his work rate and link up play. Nobody had a bad game.

Hope Tremarco  and Mulraney are ok, suspect Tremarco is worst off of the two though.

Bookings,

Oakley - appears to have been booked for diving when one on one against goalkeeper. I was too far away to make a judgement on this. 

Warren - turned by defender and left for dead. Took him down and 'took one for the team'. Yellow card for sure. 

Chalmers - foul in middle of park. Yellow card for sure. 

Polworth - chased after ball but couldn't reach it. Booted it out of the park needlessly right at the end of the game. Yellow card for sure. 

Solid win. Great team effort and performance. Nice one!!

Edited by Guest

1 minute ago, Caman said:

Polworth - chased after ball but couldn't reach it. Booted it into Cromarty Firth right at the end of the game. Silly. Yellow card for sure. 

The ball looked to me to be still in play and therefore he was entitled to kick it out the park if he wished.  The ref and linesman made some shocking decisions tonight.

• Agree 3

9 minutes ago, Kind of Blue said:

The ball looked to me to be still in play and therefore he was entitled to kick it out the park if he wished.  The ref and linesman made some shocking decisions tonight.

Nope the ball was not in the field of play when he kicked it. He kicked it out of the park in frustration at not getting to it. That warrants a yellow card, so the referee was correct in issuing one

Edited by Guest

10 minutes ago, Caman said:

Nope the ball was not in the field of play when he kicked it. He kicked it out of the park in frustration at not getting to it. That warrants a yellow card, so the referee was correct in issuing one

Ok maybe you had a better view of it than me but all the folk near me in the main stand thought the ball was in play.

5 minutes ago, Kind of Blue said:

Ok maybe you had a better view of it than me but all the folk near me in the main stand thought the ball was in play.

I was at the exit of the north stand and had direct line of sight with the touch line. The ball was out of play. TBH, my first thought was 'what the eff did he do that for?', but didn't want to word it like that as he had a cracking game. 

Edited by Guest

Good result and even better score line but who would have predicted that, at this stage in the season, we would be ten points and seventeen goals better off than Falkirk yet still in the bottom half of the table.

The only thing predictable about this league is that Brechin will finish bottom and there is still time for us to make that unpredictability work in our favour and push for promotion.

• Agree 1

Well that was a great result! didn't see that one coming for sure,  some good performances tonight,  Donaldson was my  MOM, looks really composed and was furious at the goal Falkirk got.

Calder did very well slotting in at LB, because he didn't get much notice or get much of a chance to warm up!  Oakley was very effective but if only he was a better finisher!  Polworth for me was poor, lots of negatives and once again his head drops if passes go wrong, he can be so effective as we saw with his through ball for Mulraney.

However, we go into the next game with a lot more confidence that's for sure!!

• Agree 2

Played some good stuff tonight but still room for improvement. Three or four other chances should have been tucked away to put the game to bed earlier and we often gave the ball away too easily in the midfield. Still I would have taken any win, but 4 going on  7 or 8 - 1 was a long overdue and well deserved bonus. 

Let's hope we can put a decent winning streak together and get into and sustain that play-off place. On that form tonight wins against QoS, Dundee United and Dunfermline in the coming weeks are achievable.

Falkirk beating the Arabs 6-1 on Saturday must have been a freak result because they were pretty poor tonight. John Beaton also did his worst to try and spoil things. He and the standside assistant were absolutely shocking. Then we shouldn't have expected anything else from him.

So glad I made the round trip for the game. Fairly even before 1st goal. A goal for each of the 3 strikers and a cracking first goal for Jake. Ref decent in 1st half, less good in 2nd.

A Falkirk fan on P & B says that the last two games against them show to him that we are the best side they've faced all season. (Last game was 0-0, he acknowledged it should have been 0-4).

We just need a free-scoring striker. Maybe one of the three tonight is finally going to step up to the plate!

2 hours ago, standbydave said:

Its a long time since I have seen us score 3 first half goals,great team play for them too,and I was pleased when Baird got a goal too

Looks like Nathan Austin is already having an effect! Oakley does seem to be finding the net quite regularly now

Overall a great result .... I think we've killed any prospect of relegation, and now seem to be looking more likely as a play-off contender with 3rd place looking very attainable.

Polworth was to me outstanding. Vigurs was controlled and saved a certain goal when it was three on one. Donaldson was class. Warren is now using his experience to our benefit. I was there to see Mulraney score his first goal for the club - a significant breakthrough for him. Expect more now. Great cross from Aaron for Baird's goal. Oakley has real potential when he start's believing in himself. Bell is treated like a rag doll by opponents - kicked around without support from referees. Mackay was a great workhorse.  Everyone played really well with Ridgers kicking in particular impressive. 

Against Livingston I thought we played outstanding football for 40 minutes. When Vigurs was sent off we still held our own until their late goal. Last night we built on that performance against the team that shocked the Championship with their 6-1 win against Dundee United.

I know that being a referee is a difficult job but sooner or later we will get a reasonable one. I thought Oakley was kicked by the keeper when he went down for what looked like a penalty after just a few minutes. It did not look like a dive but it will be interesting to see the highlights. Whilst some of our bookings may have been merited, Warren was grabbed round the neck and despite both officials being close by, nothing was give. Longridge appeared to slap Polworth yet the referee seemed to share a joke with him and let him off. Oakley was man handled on frequent occasions but this was ignored until late in the game. Bell was body checked but it was possible this was behind the backs of the officials.  

• Agree 3

12 hours ago, Northern_jaggie said:

Fab stuff! Gutted I couldn’t get along. Hopefully Mulraney and Tremarco aren’t on the injury list for any length of time. 

Bring on Saturday! A chance to catch Queens on points and equal the points totals for those in playoff places, it’s a bonus it’s at home too.

In 2009 when we won promotion we were 15 points behind 1st place by mid January. With a win and results going our way on Saturday we can be in the exact same position again. It’s definately possible to win the league from that position, we’ve proved that before. It’s not up for debate because you can’t change the past! The playoffs are more than achievable thanks to the improvement we have seen up to now. Well done lads ?? 

St Mirren are pretty strong : it would take a bit of a collapse on their part for us to catch them (even if we went on a winning run). Gap is 18 points with only 15 games remaining. Realistically 3rd place (2nd at a stretch as the Arabs are no great shakes) should be our focus and take our chances in the play offs.

Last night's convincing win should  gives the whole team confidence and lead to an upturn in form.

2 hours ago, caley100 said:

Errr, caman IS Polworth!

Caman, like many of the "clique," on here has been a regular critic of Polworth so all credit to you Caman, looks like you can finally see the number 7 on the shirt!  :clapoverhead:

It just seems that if he dosent walk on water, change water into wine or heal sick children, he is poor and has an attitude problem. This has been discussed at length in other threads..... 

Edited by AncientMariner
spelling
  • Agree 2
  • Facepalm 1

Fourth earns a play off place. That is certainly not beyond us and would be an achievement in itself given how poor our start was and, even if we didn't get through the system so heavily and unfairly weighted in favour of the Premiership club, would set us up nicely to have a real go next season.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, CELTIC1CALEY3 said:

Polworth was to me outstanding. Vigurs was controlled and saved a certain goal when it was three on one. Donaldson was class. Warren is now using his experience to our benefit. I was there to see Mulraney score his first goal for the club - a significant breakthrough for him. Expect more now. Great cross from Aaron for Baird's goal. Oakley has real potential when he start's believing in himself. Bell is treated like a rag doll by opponents - kicked around without support from referees. Mackay was a great workhorse.  Everyone played really well with Ridgers kicking in particular impressive. 

Against Livingston I thought we played outstanding football for 40 minutes. When Vigurs was sent off we still held our own until their late goal. Last night we built on that performance against the team that shocked the Championship with their 6-1 win against Dundee United.

I know that being a referee is a difficult job but sooner or later we will get a reasonable one. I thought Oakley was kicked by the keeper when he went down for what looked like a penalty after just a few minutes. It did not look like a dive but it will be interesting to see the highlights. Whilst some of our bookings may have been merited, Warren was grabbed round the neck and despite both officials being close by, nothing was give. Longridge appeared to slap Polworth yet the referee seemed to share a joke with him and let him off. Oakley was man handled on frequent occasions but this was ignored until late in the game. Bell was body checked but it was possible this was behind the backs of the officials.  

It spoke volumes when Vigurs shook the refs hand when he eventually give us a free kick !! 

• Agree 2

Polworth Man of the Match!!  I must have been at a different game. Apart from a couple of decent passes he continues to give the ball away far too easily and gives up when beaten ,. How he gets a game every week beats me. His booking sums up his attitude

• Agree 2
  • Funny 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, AncientMariner said:

Caman, like many of the "clique," on here has been a regular critic of Polworth so all credit to you Caman, looks like you can finally see the number 7 on the shirt!  :clapoverhead:

It just seems that if he dosent walk on water, change water into wine or heal sick children, he is poor and has an attitude problem. This has been discussed at length in other threads..... 

I say what I see old bean. In here and in the real world. 

Positive - I thought Polworth played well last night. Plus he put in the required effort. 

Negative - His booking was needless and may well mean he misses an important match. Actually every match from now onwards is vital if we are to reach the play offs etc. 

I detest the bile in here and from the stands dished out to him and Vigurs at times. 

So, in summary, if anyone plays well I say so. If someone doesn't play well or does something stupid etc I also say so. Given the job footballers do they are in the spotlight and talked about. Lucky them and unlucky them at the same time. 

PS - Fair play to Baird for his goal last night. Also, he broke the unwritten rule of not celebrating against a former club. :laugh:

Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, Alan said:

Polworth Man of the Match!!  I must have been at a different game. Apart from a couple of decent passes he continues to give the ball away far too easily and gives up when beaten ,. How he gets a game every week beats me. His booking sums up his attitude

New signing with the same tired old BS? I smell a sock puppet, Camen is that you....?  :lol::lol::lol:

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic