Away fans

alwaysblue

Last night ,yet again, away supporters were seated in home fans section - in front of section F .

There was no trouble, apart from verbals , same as Livvi a week ago , but having drunk away supporters walk back and fore unchallenged giving abuse, right beside the inept stewards, is a recipe for disaster .

Also regular season ticket holders have their seats  there and are expected to tolerate this.

The stewards couldn't sort out anything if things  kicked off. This decision was made by management we were told by stewards ,to save opening the south stand.

Perhaps they - the board-would like away fans to sit with them next time they have such a great idea.

I'm easy going and know there were decent Falkirk fans there last night who weren't comfortable with situation either.

Bizarre situation and just not acceptable. The club must remember they are responsible for the safety of all fans in the ground. The stewards are just ordinary people who are given a bright coloured jacket and are in no position and probably not capable of protecting fans if something kicked off.

Its an expensive lawsuit waiting to happen. 

40 minutes ago, alwaysblue said:

To be clear Im not blaming the stewards - just the  supervisors and  people telling them what to do .

If you pay peanuts you get monkeys. 

Not their fault in all honesty. I wonder what training they have for anything, let alone disorder. 

Maybe away teams should have some of their own officials amongst their fans. This include ICT when we are away from home. 

The majority of the clubs in the Championship are of a size that they can Police themselves.

Edited by Guest

Agreed the verbals got heated at the Livingston game with fans reminstrating with each other in that lower section then with home fans in the upper left. The stewards did nothing towards the livi fans but were happy to come and speak to Individual home fans until they were told to go and sort out the livi fans like they are paid to do at which point he retreated down the stairwell leaving the fans to shout at each other. It's not safe. I for one would be asking for a reduction in ticket price if my season ticket if this was the case and my season ticket was in that section. The club board management want to listen to the fans well stop this practice and sort out the stewarding. 

The stewards must have obtained a licence after formal training in crowd safety as well as conflict management before they are licenced. They therefore know what they are getting paid for and are rsponsible for our safety.

3 minutes ago, MorayJaggie said:

It's not safe.

Thats the key point and a liability.

4 minutes ago, MorayJaggie said:

The stewards must have obtained a licence after formal training in crowd safety as well as conflict management before they are licenced. They therefore know what they are getting paid for and are rsponsible for our safety.

I'm not sure thats the case, they are stewards not security?

Steward Jobs

14 minutes ago, MorayJaggie said:

The stewards did nothing towards the livi fans but were happy to come and speak to Individual home fans until they were told to go and sort out the livi fans like they are paid to do at which point he retreated down the stairwell leaving the fans to shout at each other.

I was one of those spoken to ... We were in the upper stand (front row) with the rest of those who had been in hospitality. To be fair, he was correct to speak with me as I used profanity towards that grey-haired numpty from Livi that kept standing up and taunting the ICT fans. However, when asked by several of us if he would speak to the that specific Livi fan he just walked away. 

After that, I ignored the Livi guy and concentrated on calling the ref a rather tamer name than I wanted .....  'a clown'  :)

• Funny 1

34 minutes ago, Scotty said:

I was one of those spoken to ... We were in the upper stand (front row) with the rest of those who had been in hospitality. To be fair, he was correct to speak with me as I used profanity towards that grey-haired numpty from Livi that kept standing up and taunting the ICT fans. However, when asked by several of us if he would speak to the that specific Livi fan he just walked away. 

After that, I ignored the Livi guy and concentrated on calling the ref a rather tamer name than I wanted .....  'a clown'  :)

So its you I'm hearing when I get along to games! ?

20 minutes ago, Scotty said:

only if you're going to BMO Field :wink:

Scotty, It's high time you were deported back to the colonies with the other felons :wave:  :lol:

What has happened these days where we can't sit together anymore? I remember games in the second division with Livingston and we were all mixed in and there was no drama at all. In a time when our rivalry was probably a fair bit more serious. I visit other games across Scotland quite regularly and in a few league two and league one matches there has been no segregation so what makes us any different?

• Agree 4
  • Disagree 1

27 minutes ago, ICTPAISLEY said:

What has happened these days where we can't sit together anymore? I remember games in the second division with Livingston and we were all mixed in and there was no drama at all. In a time when our rivalry was probably a fair bit more serious. I visit other games across Scotland quite regularly and in a few league two and league one matches there has been no segregation so what makes us any different?

Thanks for this post. I was wondering the same thing tbh. Seems banter dead these days 

• Agree 4
  • Disagree 1

My son used to do work as a steward at both ICT and Ross county.   ICT no training grab a jacket and cap and stand over there,  only because he was familiar with stadium could he help people. Certainly no instruction how to deal with aggressive fans.  County was better given some instructions and told what to do if the was trouble also given a pie and drink in Dingwall.  

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Renegade said:

And me.  Sounds like there's some absolute snowflakes in the Main Stand.

Its about the potential for violence and given there are young children in there too,  it is not an acceptable situation. You may be an old, fat lad with nothing to be concerned about but what about the mother with two kids?

A better idea would be to close the North stand and move everyone into the Main stand and keep the opposition segregation. 

• Disagree 1
  • Funny 1
  • Facepalm 2

People sit in the Main Stand because they don't like to make a noise so it's probably expected their jimmies are rustled by some guy from Livingston actually supporting their team by vocally encouraging them.

• Agree 3

38 minutes ago, CaleyD said:

I've been told that away fans for all but the larger travelling supports will be located in Lower F for the remainder of the season.  Season ticket holders in that area have/are being relocated.

Are they my season ticket is there and I have heard  nothing to that effect even though the club have been selling my seat to away fans since last December

7 minutes ago, AncientMariner said:

Its about the potential for violence and given there are young children in there too,  it is not an acceptable situation. You may be an old, fat lad with nothing to be concerned about but what about the mother with two kids?

Won’t somebody plleeaassee think of the children?!

*sobs into Daily Mail*

• Agree 3
  • Funny 2