Scotty

I am sure Brad does not want to find himself out wide on th righ anymore than we want to see him there. I thought the last 20 mins or so was crying out for Mulraney to run into the space Brad kept finding himself in. 

Final comment is simply that if Refs have it in for Ian before the game even starts then we  are also in trouble.

I see Bobby Madden is getting stick as well for his suggested poor decisions  in his most recent game. That doesn't surprise me  after watching him  against  ICT  last season on the overseas videos which no longer are being  streamed. In that match I formed the impression that he was very poor indeed.

I raised that issue about the overseas streaming videos some time ago with our new Chaiman who replied that he was unaware of their existence but  would look into it and report back to me. Unfortunately he didn't keep his promise and so I am  still in the dark about this.........?

1 hour ago, Scarlet Pimple said:

I raised that issue about the overseas streaming videos some time ago with our new Chaiman who replied that he was unaware of their existence but  would look into it and report back to me. Unfortunately he didn't keep his promise and so I am  still in the dark about this.........?

I wouid not hold your breath on resumption of this. It makes no money, in fact its a drain on things so its unlikely to happen in my opinion unless someone sponsors the cost or they can find a way for it to be self financing.   

One slight problem for me yesterday was that we offered little threat down the right flank. As mentioned above Mckay often found himself with space in front of him down the right side but Bell frequently tucked inside to feed off the knock downs from Oakley which left Mckay with little support in front of him. His attempts to take a man on or play a cross in were often poor. By comparison on the left wing you had Calder who worked well with Doran but also is quite competent at taking a man on himself as he has a bit of pace and can put a decent cross in. Having Doran on that side whilst Mckay struggled on the opposite flank seemed a bit self defeating.

7 hours ago, Renegade said:

That's the second Premiership team I've seen us play this season and the second time we've made a good account of ourselves. 

Who were the other Premiership side?

Re the Overseas videos issue, in my email to the top Gent I said that I WAS prepared to pay more since last season's price  was indeed very reasonable. This was obvious to me from the start... being able to sit in the comfort of your home and able to get a cuppa at half time completely unimpeded, etc., was really a steal for the price.

However, I had no figures to go on regarding how many overseas viewers were participating, nor the overall costs involved, so it was up to the club to assess these things and re-adjust the price accordingly. Even at double the price -  ten pounds or so -- it was excellent value for money and I had told him this as well.  Our Donald J. does not know how good he is at the game of commentating and I thoroughly enjoyed his personal knowledge of players' names, his opinions and delivery at every match which was not only very informative to an Overseas listener but refreshingly different.         I am missing my videos and the D.J's (:clapoverhead: ) comments.

If the Chairman  had suggested what he considered to be reasonable, and  even put  it to those who were formerly participating and had asked for feedback, then I think that would have been a more appropriate and more professional response than stating that he would investigate and would contact me in due course and then not following through.

So he probably has no further interest in addressing the issue and the need. That doesn't mean to say that I will not contact him again nor preclude other fans in a similar position to myself from pursuing this with him though. 

Watched the highlights. Cracking 'save' by Charlie Trafford from that corner about 2:20. 

Far better save than Josh Meekings one in 2015 in semi final against Celtic :laugh:

4 hours ago, Eagle4Caley said:

I have a sneaky feeling we'll be playing RC in the Play-off final!

I do also. If we make the play off final I will make the home game, but miss the away game as I have a 'must go to' wedding in Bristol that weekend. Damn!!

8 hours ago, Eagle4Caley said:

I have a sneaky feeling we'll be playing RC in the Play-off final!

Imagine...! In some ways, that would be great (& the pressure would be mainly on 'Gretna of the North', being the incumbent premier league team), but I'd rather we were both in the top flight, to be honest - just to give 2 fingers up to the Central belt hierachy!

Very hard route to the top flight (just ask Dundee Utd...), but doable (just ask Hamilton Accies...). 

2nd place finish is our best hope...

• Agree 4

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic