Who's to blame..

caley100

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

another managerial masterpiece by cc. and dp........terrible subs

one week your taking back what you have previously said about Christie and then you slate him again.... some people just don't learn :006:

Scottish Cup allows 5 subs, we had only Hart as midfield cover due to injuries and Paatalinen being cup tied. 

Guest MIDGE55

i think your confusin me with someone else -  i don't remember taking back anything iv'e ever said about Christie?? - iv'e said all along he's not the man for the job.

One thing you can be sure of though is that CC will have realised himself by now where it all went t!ts up and nobody will be beating him up for it more than himself.

Just like he will have realised where it all went t!ts up against Aberdeen twice and Celtic in the previous game hopefully it wont take him another 4 games to realise what tactics to use to stop it happening although I wouldnt bank on it.

Fer fecks sake - smell the feckin (Columbian) coffee. CC fecked it up good and proper. Another tactical disaster. HE has robbed us of a great Hampden day out - or two - no feckin question. Unlucky to loose Royster and he made a good decision in taking on Hart and moving Rankin to the left. Black looked pretty pissed off when he came off - and if he was tired it was becos of his lack of matches  :020: :020: So you take on McSwegan and go 4-4-2 and then you take on Rory and practically go 4-3-3. Gies a feckin break.  :017: :017: And then the defence retreats 20 feckin yards to hold out.

And I could even forgive him but what does he say to the press - We didnt get the luck - we didnt get a break - we didnt defend the dead ball.

Feck off CC - You fecked it up - Be feckin man enuff to feckin admit it.

But the ref didnt blow the feckin whistle. Why cant you agree that CC got it TOTALLY feckin wrong. As soon as Black went off and he changed the system - the game feckin turned. He is a bigger feckin buttock than the one my tattoo lives on.  :015: :015: :015: :015:

Personally i thot Richie Hart had another absolute stinker. At least twice when we were pinned back in our own half, Hart got picked up the ball after a Celtic mistake but passed it straight back to Celtic. I am usualy quite critical of Russell Duncan but in comparison he seemed to have a very good game and was like Ronaldinho compared to Hart! Bring back Keogh!  :011:

As in other post what other team would end up with 3 strikers on the park defending a lead against Celtic?

Not even the likes of Barca would revert to that madness!!

There was a player on the bench who could have played a holding role, CAff, admittedly nt played much first team footie recently but would have been a better option than Rory!

Charlie has to learn by this, pick the team up for the next matches which are very important.

Still cannot remember a Caley team with 3 strikers on the park chasing a game, Charlie has always replaced like for like!!

Now that the dust has settled lets see what Charlie is really made of now and what moves he will make in the summer to replace the soon to be departed.

Wonder if they're having similar debates on the Fulham and Arsenal websites today?

We were beaten by late, late goals from a team that just doesn't know how to give up - a la Man Ure and Chelski.

All three are driven by the same mentality and they will push every inch of the way until the dying second, just like a few weeks back! That's why they are winners and picking up trophies and why we keep chucking good results away - we don't have that self belief to the same extent.

If anybody is to blame it's Strachan for instilling a Fergie-like never-give-up mentality into his team.

Why is CC still being critised for taking Black off when it was the player himself who signalled to the bench that he was out on his feet and not able to continue.

Comment on the player is coming on is valid, however the options on the bench were limited after Roy coming off injured and whilst I also would have chosen a different option. This may not have changed the outcome of the game at all.

In the last home match against Celtic we suffered as a result of the defence sitting too deep at the end and bringing Caff on would have increased the likelihood of this happening again. At very least there is logic for keeping attacking minded players on the park and moving the game forward as a result.

The biggest issue in the game was the failure to get a second goal.

Personally i thot Richie Hart had another absolute stinker. At least twice when we were pinned back in our own half, Hart got picked up the ball after a Celtic mistake but passed it straight back to Celtic. I am usualy quite critical of Russell Duncan but in comparison he seemed to have a very good game and was like Ronaldinho compared to Hart! Bring back Keogh!   :011:

Yes, Shawn, I agree, Hart was well off the pace. I hope he improves, as we know he is/was capable of much more. Less time at the slots and more on the turf. I would bring back Keogh and Sheerin too.

Personally i thot Richie Hart had another absolute stinker. At least twice when we were pinned back in our own half, Hart got picked up the ball after a Celtic mistake but passed it straight back to Celtic. I am usualy quite critical of Russell Duncan but in comparison he seemed to have a very good game and was like Ronaldinho compared to Hart! Bring back Keogh!   :011:

Yes, Shawn, I agree, Hart was well off the pace. I hope he improves, as we know he is/was capable of much more. Less time at the slots and more on the turf. I would bring back Keogh and Sheerin too.

Keogh is a Peterhead player now

The reason we ran out of steam and the defence dropped deeper and deeper was because the ref wasn't allowing the midfield to tackle.

Prior to the goal the midfield was winning the ball quite easily and the defence had little to do.

However, after the goal the Ref was blowing up for everything.

You could see the midfield become more and more relectant to challenge espically after Bayne and Black got booked for nothing.

I probably wouldn't have put on Caff on either, we needed to keep the ball up the field and Rory is quite good at holding onto the ball in the corner.

However I don't think he even got the chance to do that!

I know Keogh is at Peterhead hence why i said bring himback. Was merely jesting tho. The midfield pickings look rather bare nowadays when 1 or 2 players are out. We've got rid of Fox, Proctor, Keogh, Golabek all of whom are midfielders or who could adapt to it if need be. Hart must have been the only other senior midfield player available to name on the bench on sunday if morgan was indeed injured!

I probably wouldn't have put on Caff on either, we needed to keep the ball up the field and Rory is quite good at holding onto the ball in the corner.

However I don't think he even got the chance to do that!

I think you've seen a different Rory to the one we have seen recently.

Guest donmac298

For what it's worth I fully expected Fraser to come off his line and punch the ball clear as soon as the cross came over.  As for Celtic's goals, they have been winning games in the last few minutes for as long as I can remember.

I blame the fans - 1 nil up against Celtic with minutes to go and hardly a whimper ( and Celtic fans blatantly celebrating in the North Stand making more noise) The support we have is a joke with the exception of a few young lads who are prepared to atempt creating an atmosphere. Where I sit in the north stand if you shout or join in the singing people look at you if you are mad - those people should p off and watch snooker. I am disgusted with Sunday's support and disgusted with the fact that so many Celtic fans were in our end and celebrated without punishment. Certainly will not be renewing season ticket and Im off to watch St Johnstone at the weekend. I wish the players and management all the best and hope one day they will get a support deserving of such a club.

Guest kingkojak

Who's to blame..

The fans!!

We severely lacked the 12th man yesterday, even after going 1-0 ahead in the Scottish cup quarter final against currently the best team in Scotland we struggled to muster a CALEY CALEY CALEY

the support was terrible on sunday.  i heard plenty individuals (myself included) trying to stir things up but its really difficult when your sitting amongst families and celtic fans.