Ian Black

Stevie

Great performance from Blackie today, he definately gives us something, midfield attacking wise, that no one else can.

I think most fans have seen how important Black is for us today.

I hope those who wanted the guy sacked after the Falkirk incident a couple of months ago regret their comments.

Blackie is just brilliant and his creativity is what we have missed in the last few games - surely even the most brass necked ICT fan can admit that? His link up play from defence through the midfield to the forward(s) was brilliant. I loved the way he sold so many dummies to Celtic players during the game - particularly Neil Lennon who was still going one way as Blackie sped off in the other  :015:

He did play well today but got another silly booking  :006:

Before the Falkirk incident I didn't think he'd been playing especially well compared to some of last seasons performances but he obviously has the talent.

Hopefully he'll keep his place for next weekends game and show us the good aspects of his game

Guest Suspicious Mind

As one who criticised Blackie after the Falkirk game thought it was fair to say I still stand by by my comments.

Never doubted his ability as a player, as on Sunday, at times he was immense.

Once again, he almost blew it with his reaction to being fouled by Nakamura and even after being booked, he continued to mouth at a ref who had given us nothing, before being dragged away by team mates.

There are absolutely no doubts about the player its the "grown up" bit that I'm not prepared to take the risk with. It was bad enough losing laike that, how bad would it have felt if it had been self inflicted?

Never doubted his ability as a player, as on Sunday, at times he was immense.

Once again, he almost blew it with his reaction to being fouled by Nakamura and even after being booked, he continued to mouth at a ref who had given us nothing, before being dragged away by team mates.

I was very surprised to see the booking going to Black as, to my eyes, Nakamura's challenge was brutal. Black did nothing save make an angry gesture. Still Dougie McDonald, eh?

Speaking of which did anyone see Sno clouting Hastings later on. A bit handbags, but still an offence in the letter of the law.

Also Black may still have been knackered whethe or not he was "rested". He put a lot into it.

In conclusion, both Black and Christie have a great deal to learn.

Guest Sangobeg Jaggie

Blackie played superbly and got hooked by his own request. Charlie said he told the becnch he was gubbed and could not go on. As for the booking typical OF bias again. The boy gets sythed by a player who did it out of sheer revenge for losing the ball, Blackie shouts at him for doing the deed (which I think was totally justified to do) and he gets booked for saying nasty words to the poor wee Tic tart! Well someones got to look after the Celtic team. Thats what the officials are there for.

Romanovs got a very valid point.

That booking was totally unjustified.

Let me put it another way. What would have been the outcome if the roles were reversed ? Blackie sythes Nickedamooring. I think we all know the answer to that. All too feckin predicatble.

its his defensive qualities in the middle we miss when he doesnt play, rather than his attacking..

he wouldve stopped the move for the second goal about 30 yards further back, as i said on pie and bovril when he came off we always defend 20-30 yards deeper and invite teams onto us, feckin nightmare to see him leave the park

I don't think his spell on the bench will have affected his fitness that much, it was more down to the fact that he chased everything, tackled everyone and generally worked his @ss off like it was the last game he would ever play yesterday.  Doesn't matter who you are or how fit you are, you can't keep that up for 90 minutes.

What we lack is another player of the same ilk to take his place as and when is needed.

We saw the good and the bad from Black yesterday.  He did look a class act in the midfield and gave Barry an excellent pass which led to the goal.  He displayed the qualities of a creative midfielder which were required.  But he also again displayed his immature and undisciplined side with his extreme over-reaction  to the challenge from Nakamura.  He deserved to get booked for his and he was lucky not to get booked in the first half.  Can CC risk playing him when he is liable to get sent off in most matches?

I don't think his spell on the bench will have affected his fitness that much, it was more down to the fact that he chased everything, tackled everyone and generally worked his @ss off like it was the last game he would ever play yesterday.  Doesn't matter who you are or how fit you are, you can't keep that up for 90 minutes.

Marathon runners, cyclists, triathletes, rugby players. They all put in a **** of a lot more effort for longer periods.

Good footballers can do it as well. What they need to do though is put in the commitment needed to build their stamina up. Is that happening with some?

As has been said about Rory and is the same for Ian is that they are young. They still need to mature physically and mentally. I believe in time we will see top class players in them both. And in others that come in.

Black and CC have a major personality clash. Black could be our mainstay fer many years - but CC and Black do NOT go together.

Strange as Black is almost the exact same type of player as Christie was but with a bit more bite.  Black doesn't need to like CC but he needs to show some respect if not for him then the supporters and the badge he is wearing.  I think he will end up buiding a bond with Charlie as he matures.

I think he's great, best player we've got, technically good with great vision and heaps of potential. He's always going to get loads of bookings because he wants the ball and he'll try to get it, it would be good if he could cut out the cards for dissent but if it's a symptom for his passion for the game then I can live with it. We'll be lucky to keep him!

It's not the bookings that bother me with Black, well they do, but I don't hate him for it or want to see him dropped because of it, what got to me was the whole throwing his shirt ordeal.  That was too much, if it was an intentional act of disrespect for the club/badge then he can get tae feck.  If it was just heat of the moment, red mist deal then he needs to apologise for it IMO.

He is a great player with great potential and he has shown that time and again, but I don't want any player wearing the ICT Shirt unless they have some respect for the badge that's on it.