IRN BRU CHALLENGE CUP FINAL

IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER

As  John Mackenzie   ( the founder of this topic ) has not been well lately  I would like to take the opportunity to wish him a very  speedy recovery.  I hope we win the cup to cheer the guy up a wee bit,

• Agree 1

The club are making a decent attempt at marketing/promoting the final, hats off to them!

Anyone else think that they are making a better job of marketing the so-called 'diddy' cup final (not by me, by the way - looking forward to it!) than our scottish cup final in 2015?

• Confused 1

Just now, jingsmonty said:

The club are making a decent attempt at marketing/promoting the final, hats off to them!

Anyone else think that they are making a better job of marketing the so-called 'diddy' cup final (not by me, by the way - looking forward to it!) than our scottish cup final in 2015?

Nope not really. 

I think the lead up to the SC final was fab. There was the shop in town, The posters on the high street, the scarves on Inverness statues, open training sessions at the bught and meet the cup sessions. I am proud to have been a part of a lot of events at that time and the few weeks before and the few days after will live in my memory forever. 

• Agree 7

1 hour ago, old caley girl said:

Nope not really. 

I think the lead up to the SC final was fab. There was the shop in town, The posters on the high street, the scarves on Inverness statues, open training sessions at the bught and meet the cup sessions. I am proud to have been a part of a lot of events at that time and the few weeks before and the few days after will live in my memory forever. 

Agreed OCG. I did think the SC final was marketed pretty well in 2015 and of course it carried the extra gravitas of being the SC final. It's absolutely great that the club has got to this Challenge Cup final but, to be realistic, as an occasion grabbing the public imagination, this can't match not only the SC final but also the LC final, three SC semi finals and a replay and arguably also two LC semi finals.

However, I do also believe that this final MAY have the potential to have influence disproportional to the occasion, in that if ICT manage to win it, that achievement could help to kick start the overall momentum of the club after a very difficult period since last May. Yes, I agree that winning the Scottish Cup did nothing to build momentum then, but things are starting from a rather lower level on this occasion.

• Agree 4

2 hours ago, jingsmonty said:

Two completely different cup finals but I have to say we have been all over Facebook and all round the community too in the build up to this.

Am lucky enough to have 2 of my kids holding both cups before the games so am hoping that's a good omen.

16 hours ago, jingsmonty said:

No.

17 hours ago, ferben1994 said:

Two completely different cup finals but I have to say we have been all over Facebook and all round the community too in the build up to this.

Am lucky enough to have 2 of my kids holding both cups before the games so am hoping that's a good omen.

Spot on - Facebook highlighting local event after local event.

22 hours ago, Laurence said:

As  John Mackenzie   ( the founder of this topic ) has not been well lately  I would like to take the opportunity to wish him a very  speedy recovery.  I hope we win the cup to cheer the guy up a wee bit,

I have only cracked a couple of feckin ribs - and medicating on Voddie and Irn Bru. No way would I miss any Cup Final - hopefully this one will be more akin to Airdrie rather than Dungdee or Alloa.

1 hour ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

I have only cracked a couple of feckin ribs - and medicating on Voddie and Irn Bru. 

Glad to hear you are ok ... was it the medication that did you in in the first place :blink:

• Funny 1

2 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Spot on - Facebook highlighting local event after local event.

I have only cracked a couple of feckin ribs - and medicating on Voddie and Irn Bru. No way would I miss any Cup Final - hopefully this one will be more akin to Airdrie rather than Dungdee or Alloa.

Glad you'll make it up mate.  See you on Sat

Does anyone know if the club have organised anything before the game?  I remember going to the Tulloch Institute near the ground when we played Airdrie (not sure about the Dundee game as my memory from that day is fuzzy)

We are starting in Dickens which is a good pub in the town center 

Just now, RedCard said:

Does anyone know if the club have organised anything before the game?  I remember going to the Tulloch Institute near the ground when we played Airdrie (not sure about the Dundee game as my memory from that day is fuzzy)

We are starting in Dickens which is a good pub in the town center 

The Caley Club bus is going there I think so Im sure youll all be welcome? 

• Like 1

In the shop this afternoon, they told my wife they had sold 1600 tickets.

Mark Ridgers was helping out when she was in buying gift vouchers.

Just a pity I can't attend due to a family commitment, but hope all who go have a great day out.

On 21/03/2018 at 9:31 PM, old caley girl said:

Nope not really. 

I meant from tbe club themselves, regarding merchandising. I thoroughly enjoyed the cup 3 years ago too - I made sure that I appreciated it fully, as I might never get ro experience it again. 

Obviously, the irn-bru cup doesn't compare to that ...certainly not expecting shop displays in Inverness, etc.

My point (probably badly made...apologies!) is thst the club are doing a good bit to drum up interest, whereas they probably didn't have to do so for the cup, which I always felt was a bit of a missed opportunity, commercially speaking, for the club itself.

Just saying that the club are doing a decent job of pushing the irn-bru cup final & drumming up interest, that's all.