Crowd v Crusaders

Bronson

2 minutes ago, wynthank15 said:

I absolutely disagree, you are effectively saying that the fans don't matter but they do when it comes to a TV spectacle, if there are no fans there, even no away fans due to a ridiculous kick off time it absolutely matters to the spectacle. Someone quoted Jock Stein earlier "without the fans the game is nothing" absolutely correct. All it would take is for a group of fans saying we will not be yanked around for TV and will not attend a game with a ridiculous kick off time no matter how important and I guarantee it wouldn't happen again. I believe you would even have opposition fans complaining about no away support and ruining the spectacle, what fun is there with no opposition support to bait.

The question is, are a group of fans willing to take that step and say it's not on. If not, don't bleat about stupid o'clock kick offs.

Sometimes humour and sarcasm don't translate well into written word. You should have considered some emojis to stop people thinking this might be a serious post ?

19 minutes ago, wynthank15 said:

I absolutely disagree, you are effectively saying that the fans don't matter but they do when it comes to a TV spectacle, if there are no fans there, even no away fans due to a ridiculous kick off time it absolutely matters to the spectacle. Someone quoted Jock Stein earlier "without the fans the game is nothing" absolutely correct. All it would take is for a group of fans saying we will not be yanked around for TV and will not attend a game with a ridiculous kick off time no matter how important and I guarantee it wouldn't happen again. I believe you would even have opposition fans complaining about no away support and ruining the spectacle, what fun is there with no opposition support to bait.

The question is, are a group of fans willing to take that step and say it's not on. If not, don't bleat about stupid o'clock kick offs.

Eh?  My post was in response to one by Kingsmills who was suggesting a boycott of the TV companies, not a boycott of attending the  matches.

I didn't respond to your earlier post, but seeing as you mention it again, I don't think a boycott of attending games would work either.  Personally, I am not going to stay away from supporting my team just to p*ss off a TV company  which couldn't care less whether I'm there or not.  They are only concerned about how many watch on TV.  Personally I can't think too many people who choose to watch a match on TV are going to switch off when they see a smaller crowd.

• Agree 1