A Below Average Championship Club

1 minute ago, caleyboy said:

the unfortunate situation in football is that is normally always  "other peoples" money that keeps clubs afloat. it's just that we don't seem to spend it very well or manage to attract sufficient income. 

We spent it pretty well when we reached two major cup finals, winning one of them, consistently being in the top six and qualifying for Europe.

We are going through a bad spell just now but most clubs with our level of resourses do from time to time.

2 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

We spent it pretty well when we reached two major cup finals, winning one of them, consistently being in the top six and qualifying for Europe.

We are going through a bad spell just now but most clubs with our level of resourses do from time to time.

yes but some never recover and that's my concern. our purple patch was marvellous but it doesn't seem to have done us any good financially.

3 hours ago, caleyboy said:

the unfortunate situation in football is that is normally always  "other peoples" money that keeps clubs afloat. it's just that we don't seem to spend it very well or manage to attract sufficient income. 

Caleyboy, I sometimes wonder if you have more agendas than an entire volume of Highland Council Minutes??

• Facepalm 1

8 minutes ago, Charles Bannerman said:

Caleyboy, I sometimes wonder if you have more agendas than an entire volume of Highland Council Minutes??

aye and like the council I haven't an effin clue how to find answers to any of them. you have too much time on your hands Charles 

Edited by caleyboy
  • Funny 2

• 2 weeks later...

I would suggest the only club in the SPL smaller than us is Hamilton and boy the PTB wish they would get relegated? In our league, I would suggest Dundee Utd, St Mirren and Falkirk have inherently larger supports than us, am going by cup final attendances. From the lower leagues possibly Dunfermline also have a larger support. Ross County at the SC final probably had around 10-15,000, the same for StJ. The point I am making is that we have found our level for now and a long rebuilding programme is needed to get us back to being serious challengers, it wont happen unless we find the next highly motivated young manager who is prepared to put in all the hours necessary to find and build a squad capable of surviving in the SPL. The sad bit is no one sees ICT as a long term project where they will remain for any length of time, we are destined to be a yo yo club. That said I am immensely proud of what the club have achieved from very humble beginnings we were a genuine thorn in the side of the major clubs during our spell in the SPL, I think they were all glad to see us go down, as were the west coast media possibly due to the travelling.

• Agree 1