Season Ticket 2018/19

I actually regret buying mine x 4  this season. Ive missed a few games which normally doesnt worry me. However off the pitch several things have annoyed me and it doesnt feel like value for money. They keep shutting the north stand toilets ( how that saves money I dont know?). Entering the sports bar has now become such a chore if you sit in the north stand as well. Im willing to accept that things dont always go right on the park but for the money we are paying I do expect the club to get the basics right! 

• Agree 6

If we want the team to have a chance to succeed next season, price has to be the same to try and maintain the level of income coming into the club. Dropping the price will not lead to an increase in season ticket sales as it has been proven that reducing the ticket prices for certain games does not equate to a larger attendance. We need to try and generate more interest amongst the public in Inverness but given the lack of support from them in the past, I am at a loss as to how to do that.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

12 minutes ago, Huisdean said:

If we want the team to have a chance to succeed next season, price has to be the same to try and maintain the level of income coming into the club. Dropping the price will not lead to an increase in season ticket sales as it has been proven that reducing the ticket prices for certain games does not equate to a larger attendance. We need to try and generate more interest amongst the public in Inverness but given the lack of support from them in the past, I am at a loss as to how to do that.

Yes, even Scottish Cup win didn't stimulate a marked ongoing increase in interest so I'm also at a loss there as well. Might the fear of insolvency? Don't know.

I'm in complete agreement with your comments on price. I live an hour away but I would happily renew the season ticket even if it increased.

I would go further ... if we're serious about wanting our club to survive and thrive, then we'll not just renew but also buy what we sensibly can from the shop as well. 

Yes we've fallen from where we were ... but we need to remember where we came from ... non league football ... it's been some journey with ups and downs but I would hope that genuine fans have the stamina and the love for their club to continue and renew.

• Agree 2
  • Facepalm 1

The last time we got relegated the club handled the situation pretty well and we saw an increase in season ticket sales. Further boosted by healthy half season ticket sales, despite promotion being far from certain at the halfway mark.  Key, though, was that the board (back then) didn't just ask fans to put their hands in their pockets, they backed the call with a £1 Million commitment to getting the club back into the SPL (as it was then)....and delivered.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, old caley girl said:

I actually regret buying mine x 4  this season. Ive missed a few games which normally doesnt worry me. However off the pitch several things have annoyed me and it doesnt feel like value for money. They keep shutting the north stand toilets ( how that saves money I dont know?). Entering the sports bar has now become such a chore if you sit in the north stand as well. Im willing to accept that things dont always go right on the park but for the money we are paying I do expect the club to get the basics right! 

Absolutely correct.

Appreciate every pound counts but not providing the basic facilities is hardly going to improve things.

Fecking embarrassing that there were no facilities open for the travelling away support yesterday.

Thought bringing in Danny Macdonald was going to improve things off the field , no evidence yet.

• Agree 2

10 minutes ago, cif73 said:

Yes, even Scottish Cup win didn't stimulate a marked ongoing increase in interest so I'm also at a loss there as well. Might the fear of insolvency? Don't know.

I'm in complete agreement with your comments on price. I live an hour away but I would happily renew the season ticket even if it increased.

I would go further ... if we're serious about wanting our club to survive and thrive, then we'll not just renew but also buy what we sensibly can from the shop as well. 

Yes we've fallen from where we were ... but we need to remember where we came from ... non league football ... it's been some journey with ups and downs but I would hope that genuine fans have the stamina and the love for their club to continue and renew.

I used to feel like this. I would hope that folk that know me dont think Im not a genuine fan. I just feel that the only protest I have is by considering not renewing as the club dont seem to me to be listening? I dont mind that we are in the championship at all really. The things that wind me up are the feeling of being taken for granted. As I said before not being able to get the basics right is unforgiveable  

• Agree 1

I think the biggest issue for fans renewing, is not the performances on the pitch.  Your team can be rubbish but you can feel united.  The biggest issue is if people feel wanted.  Considering the fall in already small attendances and absolutely rubbish facilities suggest many don't feel that the club want them...and who can blame them?

Edited by Renegade
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

13 minutes ago, Renegade said:

I think the biggest issue for fans renewing, is not the performances on the pitch.  Your team can be rubbish but you can feel united.  The biggest issue is if people feel wanted.  Considering the fall in already small attendances and absolutely rubbish facilities suggest many don't feel that the club want them...and who can blame them?

I get that facilities need big improvement but improvements cost money and we are already running at a huge 6 figure deficit. I was again really frustrated yesterday with the standard of catering. It was much worse than Ross County's before relegation ... but it's even worse now.

That said, last year we didn't have a proper club shop. Now we have a big improvement there. Things take time.

Fans previously didn't feel the love because of a lack of communication ... but that also has improved and the recent chairman's statement has highlighted the stark financial shortfall and the need for higher sales to help us keep going (along with investment). That may also help with the other improvements we all want to see.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I don't get the thinking to charge loyal fans more to keep the club afloat. I will pay more than market value to watch my team but by increasing prices you alienate lots of potential customers. I don't care about facilities or catering. I just want to see the players who represent the club giving 100%. At times over last and this season, I am questioning whether or not this is the case. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, old caley girl said:

You better be coming back! 

• Funny 1

1 hour ago, cif73 said:

I get that facilities need big improvement but improvements cost money and we are already running at a huge 6 figure deficit. I was again really frustrated yesterday with the standard of catering. It was much worse than Ross County's before relegation ... but it's even worse now.

With the stovies, Mac & cheese, chicken kebab guy I think it's much better in the past couple of games. Huge step up from the reheated pies that the club serveries do. Actual decent food. 

Just now, Fraz said:

With the stovies, Mac & cheese, chicken kebab guy I think it's much better in the past couple of games. Huge step up from the reheated pies that the club serveries do. Actual decent food. 

My tastiness a definate step up in quality and has healthier options. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Fraz said:

Ah yes. Haven't tried that van but just saw it for the first time yesterday ... just after finding out the usual caterers had completely ran out of pies. Utter farce!

I'll be trying the same van as you next time.

• Agree 1

Just now, cif73 said:

Ah yes. Haven't tried that van but just saw it for the first time yesterday ... just after finding out the usual caterers had completely ran out of pies. Utter farce!

I'll be trying the same van as you next time.

Its normally hot water they run out off. Always on the coldest days. 

Doesn't all this general mood of discontentment highlight the need for getting the problems with CJT sorted out?  There needs to be a clearly recognised route of two way communication between the Club and the fan base.  With a mechanism to ensure CJT is truly representative of the fans I am sure that there are many of us who would be willing to help out in a variety of ways to improve various aspects of the match day experience and to keep people informed.  CJT should also be a vehicle for pressing the Board to honour the commitments it has made in areas where volunteers from the fan base aren't in a position to actually do anything.  Scotty's offer to make space available to CJT on this forum really means there is no excuse for CJT to keep fans informed, and no excuse for fans not to keep CJT informed of any concerns or ideas they may have.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, DoofersDad said:

Doesn't all this general mood of discontentment highlight the need for getting the problems with CJT sorted out?  There needs to be a clearly recognised route of two way communication between the Club and the fan base.  With a mechanism to ensure CJT is truly representative of the fans I am sure that there are many of us who would be willing to help out in a variety of ways to improve various aspects of the match day experience and to keep people informed.  CJT should also be a vehicle for pressing the Board to honour the commitments it has made in areas where volunteers from the fan base aren't in a position to actually do anything.  Scotty's offer to make space available to CJT on this forum really means there is no excuse for CJT to keep fans informed, and no excuse for fans not to keep CJT informed of any concerns or ideas they may have.

It really is quite astonishing that this CJT situation has been allowed to get to the state that it has now reached. The ONLY evidence for CJT's existence is subliminal assertions, unsupported by any evidence I have seen, that there is a "board". So if this board does exist, why is it doing nothing, why has it been doing nothing for months if not years, and why does it continue to conceal itself behind a wall of stubborn silence? Why, at one of the club's most critical and fragile periods in almost 20 years, is this alleged board, which claims to represent the supporters, not lifting a finger to assist the club through these very difficult times?

The concern of ever more ICT supporters that I speak to is that the sole priority of this alleged board is to sit on top of the 10% voting rights which are the club's literal birthright and which are a legacy to all supporters.

What is needed is a publicly active and working supporters' organisation guided by an equally active and working board - not some kind of a mirage whose existence or otherwise could by now very comfortably become the subject of an examination question for a degree in Philosophy..... or a dramatic farce.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

By who ?

Image result for we are saved

Sorry to appear awkward but, while the existence of the 450,000 shares is in the public domain, I have to consider the information I have about their ownership as having been given to me in confidence. However it shouldn't be to difficult to work this out by comparing last year's Annual Return of share ownership with this year's, which should be due in the pretty near future.

52 minutes ago, MorayJaggie said:

I thought the club were going to improve the catering in the concession stands? its still over priced rubbish the same as last season.

Mr tastiness that has been there last 2 games has great food. The prices are dictated with the firm that runs the concessions appatently. My stovies on Sat worth every penny of the £3 though