Scotty

ZZZZZ  What a load of shyte, can't wait to hear Robbo's take on this crap.  With Dumbarton winning we are in a pretty poor place,  He (Robbo) has signed a fragile donkey to replace a donkey (Baird) .I'm getting well pissed off with this situation.

Effectively, only three of our remaining games have real significance and they are all against Dumbarton.

If we had the cash to do it, I would be inclined to replace the manager for next season but I very much doubt we have the resources to do so.

Can hardly summon up the enthusiasm to head down to Tannadice or Cup Final which is a pretty alarming state of affairs.   Would love to know the real story behind the Calder/ Harper/Mckay debacle. Pretty much sums up where we are these days. Can we actually survive a second train wreck season of this nature? Woe is me.

1 minute ago, Kingsmills said:

If we had the cash to do it, I would be inclined to replace the manager for next season but I very much doubt we have the resources to do so.

When Robbo was brought in, he had a difficult job to do, but he has not done it at all well. 

Disgraceful. No desire or belief. Embarrassing that these so called players represent the club bar a few. 

Ridgers, nothing to do in the first half except pick it out the net. Couple of missed crossed which should have been punished but a good save towards the end.

Seedorf. Did okay defensively. Has no left foot so always goes outside when attacking. Easy to dispossess. 

Warren. Did okay.

McKay. He is woefully bad. Just saunters about thinking he is a player.

Tremarco. Mom for me. Showed desire and fight unlike most others.

Chalmers. Rotten, always passes sideways or back, any forward pass is to the opposition. Powderpuff in the tackle.

Polworth. Started brightly but seemed to give up.

Vigurs. Classic Vigurs, nice touches, too relaxed sometimes giving ball away. Gets frustrated, gives away needless fouls, Huffs, gives up.

Jake. Hid all game, couldn't be arsed today. No runs in behind, didn't take the winger on once. One decent cross. 

Doran. Usual. Can only last a half. Poor game by his standards.

Oakley. Bullied. Little service or support. Put in decent effort.

Zac. No football brain or touch.

Bell. Hardly got on the ball.

So so bad. If we play like that again then relegation is a serious concern. Forget the challenge cup. We have much more important issues at the moment. Survival.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Pathetic............................My patience is wearing very thin. Of course I'll stick with my team but the enjoyment levels are zero at the moment. Robbo keeps telling us that our under 17's are a very talented bunch, well now's the time to give them a chance, they can't do any worse. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Yngwie said:

As manager?! 

Couldn't care less to be honest whether Robbo survives or not. Fact is we can't afford to get rid of him so it's immaterial. I think Robbo is too loyal to the likes of Brad McKay who has been shocking for weeks now. With so many games coming up over the next few weeks we will perhaps see what we have in reserve.

22 minutes ago, Stirling Observer said:

Disgraceful. No desire or belief. Embarrassing that these so called players represent the club bar a few. 

Ridgers, nothing to do in the first half except pick it out the net. Couple of missed crossed which should have been punished but a good save towards the end.

Seedorf. Did okay defensively. Has no left foot so always goes outside when attacking. Easy to dispossess. 

Warren. Did okay.

McKay. He is woefully bad. Just saunters about thinking he is a player.

Tremarco. Mom for me. Showed desire and fight unlike most others.

Chalmers. Rotten, always passes sideways or back, any forward pass is to the opposition. Powderpuff in the tackle.

Polworth. Started brightly but seemed to give up.

Vigurs. Classic Vigurs, nice touches, too relaxed sometimes giving ball away. Gets frustrated, gives away needless fouls, Huffs, gives up.

Jake. Hid all game, couldn't be arsed today. No runs in behind, didn't take the winger on once. One decent cross. 

Doran. Usual. Can only last a half. Poor game by his standards.

Oakley. Bullied. Little service or support. Put in decent effort.

Zac. No football brain or touch.

Bell. Hardly got on the ball.

So so bad. If we play like that again then relegation is a serious concern. Forget the challenge cup. We have much more important issues at the moment. Survival.

Spot on. Vigurs did ok but a needless foul cost us the game as the Pars were no great shakes apart from a wee spell second half. Chalmers is just an awful footballer. Oh- Ryan Esson!

A truly shambolic performance from ICT that should really be leaving fans very worried at the prospect of a second successive relegation. With Dumbarton playing Brechin again on Saturday there's a real chance they will be just 3 points behind us. Forget about possible Highland Derbies next season and focus on staying in this league. 

Harper last about 3 minutes before going off injured as he collided with Vigurs and a Dunfermline player which led to the free kick which saw the home side open the scoring. Nice curling effort from the right hand side into the net. That was all there was between the teams in the first half with both sides giving the few fans in attendance absolutely nothing to get excited about. 

Second half was a bit more lively although we didn't really threaten apart from the odd cross or a timid burst into the box before we fluffed a chance. Dunfermline had the best chances and should have ended up winning by more than just the one goal. Thankfully the post and Ridgers denied them. A thunderous Higginbotham effort was the pick of the chances for the Pars but Ridgers made a fine save. 

Even though the score line makes it look like a close game I'd say we were as bad as when we were thumped 5-1 there earlier in the season. At the back we floated between competent and clueless. Most of the time we coped easily with the Pars attacks. Other times we flapped at crosses and passed the ball out of defence straight to the home side. Polworth and Vigurs certainly tried but mainly succeeded in giving the ball away. Chalmers was anonymous, Mulraney kept running the ball out of play instead of crossing it and Oakley spent most of the game falling over after wrestling with his opponent. We were an utter shambles. Aimless punts up the park and truly woeful attacking play in the final third. 

There were very few plus points. Ridgers made some good saves and it was great to see Tremarco and Bell back in the side. But apart from that it was a night to forget for ICT.  

Jamie Durent's match report for the P&J seems to suggest that Cameron Harper's 'injury' looked feigned so that we could sub Brad McKay on - any one got any insights on this?

Something doesn't add up. Seems completely crazy that McKay wasn't in the matchday squad in the first place if he were fit. If he were injured then surely we wouldn't have played him for 85 minutes. Did someone make a total ****-up with the teamsheet or something? Are we really as incompetent as that?

56 minutes ago, hislopsoffsideagain said:

Jamie Durent's match report for the P&J seems to suggest that Cameron Harper's 'injury' looked feigned so that we could sub Brad McKay on - any one got any insights on this?

Something doesn't add up. Seems completely crazy that McKay wasn't in the matchday squad in the first place if he were fit. If he were injured then surely we wouldn't have played him for 85 minutes. Did someone make a total ****-up with the teamsheet or something? Are we really as incompetent as that?

You could have something there. When the teams came out I had the bbc site on my phone as I was wondering who was no 33. He was only listed as a sub. I had a quick look around the other players and when I glanced back at my phone the page had refreshed and he was listed as starting.

Edited by TheMantis

1 hour ago, hislopsoffsideagain said:

Did someone make a total ****-up with the teamsheet or something? Are we really as incompetent as that?

Maybe Robbo said "B McKay", and the person writing down the names said "Nah, boss, he's at County!" ?

BTW, if the story that Harper had to feign injury to get McKay on is true, then it's an appallingly cynical treatment of a 16 year old lad making his debut for the senior team.  A public explanation is called for, if only to scotch this story.

Edited by snorbens_caleyman
  • Funny 2

The urgent task between now and the end of the season is to remain ahead of Dumbarton and thus in the division at any costs. A successive relegation will , without doubt, mean part time football at the very best.

Assuming we do that, we need to have a root and branch review of what's being going on at the club from top to bottom.

We have been drifting downwards for the best part of your years. Somehow or other that drift needs to be arrested before it results in years of mediocrity and derby matches against Elgin rather than County.

The spirit that was developed under Pele and maintained under Robertson, first time around and under Butcher began to be eroded under Hughes and has now all but disappeared. Very concerning.

A properly functioning fans association properly representative with a presence on the board would be a big help in getting things back on track.

Edited by Kingsmills
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

The urgent task between now and the end of the season is to remain ahead of Dumbarton and thus in the division at any costs. A successive relegation will , without doubt, mean part time football at the very best.

Assuming we do that, we need to have a root and branch review of what's being going on at the club from top to bottom.

We have been drifting downwards for the best part of your years. Somehow or other that drift needs to be arrested before it results in years of mediocrity and derby matches against Elgin rather than County.

The spirit that was developed under Pele and maintained under Robertson, first time around and under Butcher began to be eroded under Hughes and has now all but disappeared. Very concerning.

A properly functioning fans association properly representative with a presence on the board would be a big help in getting things back on track.

How do you figure the spirit was eroded under JH, if it was eroded it was by losing our best players and not replacing them with similar quality. The start of the serious decline was replacing JH with a total rookie supported by many on this forum. Am fed up with the JH bashing, history will show he was our best ever manager who completely changed our style of play in the right way. I also have a lot of respect for what Pele achieved during his tenure, I enjoyed his style of football.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 2
  • Facepalm 1

5 minutes ago, wynthank15 said:

How do you figure the spirit was eroded under JH, if it was eroded it was by losing our best players and not replacing them with similar quality. The start of the serious decline was replacing JH with a total rookie supported by many on this forum. Am fed up with the JH bashing, history will show he was our best ever manager who completely changed our style of play in the right way. I also have a lot of respect for what Pele achieved during his tenure, I enjoyed his style of football.

The decline started as soon as we won the cup pretty much. That heralded the breaking up of a squad largely put together by Butcher. Yes, we didn’t replace quality players, but Hughes has to share part of that blame as he was the one recruiting players. Even if funds was the issue, why sign loads of midfielders when other positions needed attention too? The treatment of Raven was pretty shoddy too. 

As for Hughes style of play - yes it was pleasing to the eye at times in the cup winning season, but in the season he took over we tended to either bore teams to death for a 0-0, or get walloped. In his final season the football was eye-bleedingly bad at times - Dundee at Dens in Feb nearly put me off football for life - and only winning 4 out of 5 after the split put a gloss on the season. 

Since Hughes left, the decision making at the club has ranged from the questionable to the outright laughable.

While I agree that our current situation cannot be laid solely at Hughes’ door, is is at least partially culpable. 

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic