Sign in to follow this  
Caman

Ross County

Two scenarios I'll put out there.

1. If they are relegated. - There would definitely be 4 Highland derbies next season, possibly even 6. They would have a bigger budget than us. I could see them poaching out of contract players like Vigurs, Doran and Polworth from us. It would be a 'win win' for them. Strengthen themselves,  weaken us.

2. If they are not relegated. - They might look elsewhere for players as their budget would be even bigger. No derbies, but we might retain some of the three players mentioned above. 

Which scenario is preferred? 

Edited by Caman

TBH, if the 3 players you have listed want to leave then that's their choice. If the club offers new contracts in keeping with a reduced wage structure for the level they we are at and they decide its time to move on then while we will miss them, its fair to say that over the last few seasons they have all been inconsistent/injured and each one should have the ability to 'cigar' this league but are not. Its worth noting that the offers which may come their way now wont be what they would have been a few years ago as a Premiership side.

The Ross County part is irrelevant - too many seem to worry about what they do or who they sign - unless we were head to head in a league and they were the only direct competition for that place then its no different to a player going to any other club in our league.

• Agree 1

I think he’s Ross Draper’s brother :amazed:

• Funny 2

22 hours ago, Caman said:

Two scenarios I'll put out there.

1. If they are relegated. - There would definitely be 4 Highland derbies next season, possibly even 6. They would have a bigger budget than us. I could see them poaching out of contract players like Vigurs, Doran and Polworth from us. It would be a 'win win' for them. Strengthen themselves,  weaken us.

2. If they are not relegated. - They might look elsewhere for players as their budget would be even bigger. No derbies, but we might retain some of the three players mentioned above. 

Which scenario is preferred? 

TBH I don't think the players you mention would strengthen them and if they did go it would help our budget . I think it has been a long long time since these guys gave us what they are capable of. Never mind, JR's decision at the end of the day. Don't hold your breath for offers tho.

1 hour ago, caleyboy said:

TBH I don't think the players you mention would strengthen them and if they did go it would help our budget . I think it has been a long long time since these guys gave us what they are capable of. Never mind, JR's decision at the end of the day. Don't hold your breath for offers tho.

If I had to pick one of the three to keep   - Doran.

• Agree 3

6 hours ago, Caman said:

If I had to pick one of the three to keep   - Doran.

Agreed : very noticeable when he came on that things picked up a bit. Compared to a few of our guys, he at least looks like a footballer and should have taken the penalty.

• Agree 2

If Vigurs went to R.C it might be where he ends his career in the near future rather than more years ahead. Apart from some very good displays this season he has also wasted opportunities , e.g penalty misses, and  may be too prone to getting sent off so what can he really offer R.C.  which would be different to what we are getting? i.e would he change at all?

Polworth has been involved in  hot rows but seems to have settled down now soooo..would it be wise to transfer him to County ?

Doran is , I think, younger and  is still developing in a sense. So we should keep him I suppose......:wink:

And 

• Agree 1

On 27/03/2018 at 10:10 PM, Scarlet Pimple said:

If Vigurs went to R.C it might be where he ends his career in the near future rather than more years ahead. Apart from some very good displays this season he has also wasted opportunities , e.g penalty misses, and  may be too prone to getting sent off so what can he really offer R.C.  which would be different to what we are getting? i.e would he change at all?

Polworth has been involved in  hot rows but seems to have settled down now soooo..would it be wise to transfer him to County ?

Doran is , I think, younger and  is still developing in a sense. So we should keep him I suppose......:wink:

And 

Vigurs is our best player by quite a distance hope he stays also hell of a nice guy of the park! Hopefully all 3 will stay defo 3 of our best! COYC!!

IMG_0147.JPG

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

He will be looking for more money to buy himself new trousers :blink:

• Funny 2

30 minutes ago, IBM said:

He will be looking for more money to buy himself new trousers :blink:

You pay extra to get holes these days!

• Funny 1