Devastating sad news

Laurence

I an only emphasise with the families and friends of these teenagers  killed on their way to play in an ice hockey play off.

It makes you put all the ins and outs of our own problems on this forum in perspective

Our Canadian contributors on this forum must be feeling the devastation , more than I can imagine. I note the Prime minister of Canada has  made his thoughts very clear on the event , 14 killed and 3 more in a very critical condition

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-43679808?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_breaking&ns_source=twitter&ns_linkname=news_central

• Agree 2

That's the second major crash at that intersection  in several years. The tractor -trailer is a very large industrial vehicle and the impact must have been absolutely horrific. On the road that the truck was moving on , at the intersection there is a stop sign so whether or not he just  barrelled through is a moot point. The impact threw both vehicles off the road many yards away from the impact site.

Thousands of folks have sent in condolences from all over the world. Just looking at the  scene and the devastating emotional impact on the folks in  region and  throughout Canada it's very difficult not to tear up.