Political Correctness off topic stuff

ferben1994

40 minutes ago, caleyboy said:

bad taste Charles?

Never actually tasted the stuff, TBH. :amazed: (Unless the Caley Club has had a dodgy batch of Vodka delivered.)

God Almighty, isn't the internet completely awash with obsessive, Politically Correct snowflakes these days! I blame the demise of Religion myself. It used to be the Wee Frees trying to control your behaviour by condemning you to Eternal Damnation for attending a dance. Now, in this post-religious era, you instead get summoned to the Penitent Stool of Facebook, Twitter and Internet Fora by the New Puritanism of simpering handwringers, desperate to fill the behaviour control vacuum which the demise of religion has left.

If you look at some of the things folk get offended by on other people's behalf, they are quite frankly far too often completely absurd. For instance, just the other week I was called to task on here for referring to the bleeding obvious of the spoken English of the growing number of call centre employees from the Indian Subcontinent not being very good.

Just as well Caleyboy wasn't around during WW2, otherwise he would have branded the chorus "Hitler has only got one b*ll...." as "disrespectful and offensive to our opponents."

It really is high time people gave up this self-righteous cr*p, lightened up a bit... or rather a lot.... and allowed freedom of speech to return to our society.

Meanwhile, I await with interest the outcome of football clubs eliminating the gender pay gap and seeing how Sportsound achieves gender equality in terms of its participants.

Edited by Charles Bannerman
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Facepalm 2

2 minutes ago, Charles Bannerman said:

For instance, just the other week I was called to task on here for referring to the bleeding obvious of the spoken English of the growing number of call centre employees from the Indian Subcontinent not being very good.

You didn't "refer" to it, Charles. You insulted another poster with it. Having already made a similar insult when we thought he might be of another nationality.

Freedom of speech does not mean being allowed to insult who you want, how you want. I'd have thought that someone who has been employed in the media for many years would have some understanding of that.

• Agree 3

59 minutes ago, snorbens_caleyman said:

You didn't "refer" to it, Charles. You insulted another poster with it. Having already made a similar insult when we thought he might be of another nationality.

Yes, and I'm sure Joe McCarthy also tried to tell Arthur Miller what Miller meant when he wrote The Crucible. ?

Now, to return to the thread topic - is it still the intention to go ahead with a meeting, notice of which appears not to fulfil the legal requirements?

1 hour ago, snorbens_caleyman said:

Freedom of speech does not mean being allowed to insult who you want, how you want. I'd have thought that someone who has been employed in the media for many years would have some understanding of that.

CB seems to believe that he continues to reside in the 1970s when, to some at least, it was acceptable to insult others on the basis of race, nationality, sexual orientation, apparent lack of intellect or anything else he feels can be the butt of his bullying and condescending humour.

Thankfully, the vast majority of us have moved on to 2018 where such conduct is thankfully no longer acceptable.

What he derides as 'PC' is quite simply common courtecy and mutual respect.

• Agree 3

10 hours ago, Charles Bannerman said:

Never actually tasted the stuff, TBH. :amazed: (Unless the Caley Club has had a dodgy batch of Vodka delivered.)

God Almighty, isn't the internet completely awash with obsessive, Politically Correct snowflakes these days! I blame the demise of Religion myself. It used to be the Wee Frees trying to control your behaviour by condemning you to Eternal Damnation for attending a dance. Now, in this post-religious era, you instead get summoned to the Penitent Stool of Facebook, Twitter and Internet Fora by the New Puritanism of simpering handwringers, desperate to fill the behaviour control vacuum which the demise of religion has left.

If you look at some of the things folk get offended by on other people's behalf, they are quite frankly far too often completely absurd. For instance, just the other week I was called to task on here for referring to the bleeding obvious of the spoken English of the growing number of call centre employees from the Indian Subcontinent not being very good.

Just as well Caleyboy wasn't around during WW2, otherwise he would have branded the chorus "Hitler has only got one b*ll...." as "disrespectful and offensive to our opponents."

It really is high time people gave up this self-righteous cr*p, lightened up a bit... or rather a lot.... and allowed freedom of speech to return to our society.

Meanwhile, I await with interest the outcome of football clubs eliminating the gender pay gap and seeing how Sportsound achieves gender equality in terms of its participants.

think you'e losing the plot CB. you really should find something else to spend your time on.?️‍♂️?⛷??‍♂️?‍♂️???

• Agree 4
  • Disagree 2
  • Funny 1

Jock here -

I don't consider Charles' comments as trying to be funny - most of what he said I agree with and the so-called "modern" way of thinking is just so much bull-sh*t.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Facepalm 5

31 minutes ago, Laurence said:

Yov'e  Gorra Gorra Gorra laugh , I don' believe what I'm reading, my word , what a shambles

totally agree Laurence and absolutely nothing to do with the crap Bannerman is ranting on about.

Jock here -

I don't consider Charles' comments as trying to be funny - most of what he said I agree with and the so-called "modern" way of thinking is just so much bull-sh*t.

I know this is slightly off topic but I just want to tell Jock PC isn't new. It was used in the Soviet Union and comes from the Frankfurt School (look it up).

Basically it is a political tool to shut down resistance, exposes you to being dragged through the courts and possiblly financial and reputation ruin. If you are against excessive immigration you are racist, against Israel's actions you are an anti semite, against same sex marriage you are homophobic and so on. It is the state's attempt to demonise those who have ideas contrary to the government agenda to re-engineer society and change the way you think.

Quote by Sir Peter Sutherland recently deceased jesuit and high heidyin in the EU "we must increase the rate of immigration into Europe to dilute the homogeneity of the European races" the obvious question here is why?

You might also note that our common law gives no weight whatsoever to hurt feelings, PC is statute law which has no weight in a common law court, the only law which should be recognised in our islands. Don't allow the government to seduce you with promises of a new constitution or a British Bill of rights, we have no need of them, we have all the rights we need under the common law. Government granted rights can be withdrawn any time they like, the common law cannot, which is why the EU wants the ECJ to have jurisdiction over our common law courts.

Excuse the rant.

"I 'm  a good ol rebel that's just what I am, I wont be reconstructed and I don't care a damn" as the old Southern civil war song goes.

• Disagree 1
  • Facepalm 2

The problem with all this political correctness is that people can no longer speak their mind without being vilified.  Obviously some views will be unacceptable in any civilised society but we have reached a point where you are vilified for holding views which were the norm not so many years ago. A classic example is homosexuality which not so long ago was both illegal and generally seen as wrong.  These days, having a gay friend seems to be a must have fashion accessory to demonstrate what an inclusive individual you are.  But If you say that you think homosexuality is wrong, these very same people turn on you for having unacceptable discriminatory views, thereby demonstrating how intolerant they are.  Live and let live, I say.

I was thinking about the intolerance of those who claim to champion the rights of minority groups when I listened to the reporting of the death of Eric Bristow at the early age of 60.  The "Crafty Cockney" was a legend of darts and had a reputation for speaking his mind.  His friends may not all have shared his views but there was a mutual recognition that others have a perfect right to express their different views and they didn't let their differences get in the way of their friendship.   However, when they were interviewed with their tributes, one after another seemed to distance themselves from some of Bristow's views as though they would be seen by the PC Brownshirts to be guilty by association unless they did.  It was really quite illuminating.

I may not agree with much of what Bristow said but I certainly accept the right of people to express their views   I remarked to someone over the weekend that it was rather fitting that Bristow should have bowed out on a treble 20.  I was told that was a very tasteless and disrespectful remark by this rather PC person.  B***ocks.  I think the Crafty Cockney might have had a wee chuckle at the thought.

Oh!  And as a final thought, what about the idiots in Kent who want to cut down a fine old sweet chestnut tree at a school because they are worried that falling chestnuts may injure the children.  FFS!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, DoofersDad said:

The problem with all this political correctness is that people can no longer speak their mind without being vilified.  Obviously some views will be unacceptable in any civilised society but we have reached a point where you are vilified for holding views which were the norm not so many years ago. A classic example is homosexuality which not so long ago was both illegal and generally seen as wrong.  These days, having a gay friend seems to be a must have fashion accessory to demonstrate what an inclusive individual you are.  But If you say that you think homosexuality is wrong, these very same people turn on you for having unacceptable discriminatory views, thereby demonstrating how intolerant they are.  Live and let live, I say.

I was thinking about the intolerance of those who claim to champion the rights of minority groups when I listened to the reporting of the death of Eric Bristow at the early age of 60.  The "Crafty Cockney" was a legend of darts and had a reputation for speaking his mind.  His friends may not all have shared his views but there was a mutual recognition that others have a perfect right to express their different views and they didn't let their differences get in the way of their friendship.   However, when they were interviewed with their tributes, one after another seemed to distance themselves from some of Bristow's views as though they would be seen by the PC Brownshirts to be guilty by association unless they did.  It was really quite illuminating.

I may not agree with much of what Bristow said but I certainly accept the right of people to express their views   I remarked to someone over the weekend that it was rather fitting that Bristow should have bowed out on a treble 20.  I was told that was a very tasteless and disrespectful remark by this rather PC person.  B***ocks.  I think the Crafty Cockney might have had a wee chuckle at the thought.

Oh!  And as a final thought, what about the idiots in Kent who want to cut down a fine old sweet chestnut tree at a school because they are worried that falling chestnuts may injure the children.  FFS!

Image result for old man yells at cloud

• Agree 1