AUDIO COVERAGE
  • NONE

LIVE TEXT (ONLINE)
VIDEO
TEAM LINEUPS
2018-04-10_14-22-04.jpg
Tweets by @ICTFC

20 minutes ago, cif73 said:

In other news Baird scores a crucial goal for Morton to put them 2-1 on Dumbarton :cry:

Who is Baird? Thought he was back playing Jimmy Krankie down the Barras :crazy:

Very disappointing that Morton get a 94th minute winner whilst Utd, after being sh1te for 2 months, suddenly beat the runaway league leaders.

Still, all can do is win our own games, and 3 in a row makes this our best run of the season.

• Agree 3

Two very difficult games coming up against a resilient Dumbarton team fighting to avoid the play off place.

If, and it remains a big If, we can win both of those we can then seriously think of making the play offs but whatever happens now we have demonstrated that, if we avoid the errors we have made this season, we are very well placed to make a real push for it next year.

• Agree 1

Not going to worry about the other teams results much tonight. Another great win for us and what a fine run we are on. The Dumbarton double header is up next and these two games are simply massive. They seemed to have pulled their finger out lately and we will have to be at our best to get points. I hate double header games but if we manage to pick up results against them I don't think there will be enough Guinness in Inverness for when i come over next weekend   

• Agree 2
  • Funny 1

That was a tough slog in difficult conditions.

Both teams struggled to keep the ball, and for most of the game our tactic was a long ball forward which rarely troubled.

How we didn't score first half when we hit the bar after an effort was cleared off the line, I don't know, but equally we cleared a couple off the line and Ridgers had a great late save.

It looked destined for a 0-0 until Doran and Mulraney came on, and fortunately it was "positive Jake" who turned up and changed the game. 

It would be easy to be hard on the players, but they got the job done in horrible conditions. I just hope it stops raining long before Saturday!

Not his biggest fan but Mulraney changed the game when he came on along with Doran. Suddenly we actually had some width in the side and a bit of pace as well and we tried to get some crosses into the box for Oakley to attack rather than lumping long balls over the Falkirk defence. Looked like an error from Hazard who seemed to let the ball squirm under him when he dived to save it. Still, we'll take it. Smashing save from Ridgers at the end to deny some Falkirk player an equaliser. 

• Agree 2

We probably just deserved the win tonight. Falkirk put in a good effort and will have been disappointed not to get anything. Not a night for the purist. Conditions were made for Jake to do it and he duly stepped up well done. Great team effort to  push for the win. Let's keep this going and finish the season on a positive way. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RiG said:

Not his biggest fan but Mulraney changed the game when he came on along with Doran. Suddenly we actually had some width in the side and a bit of pace as well and we tried to get some crosses into the box for Oakley to attack rather than lumping long balls over the Falkirk defence. Looked like an error from Hazard who seemed to let the ball squirm under him when he dived to save it. Still, we'll take it. Smashing save from Ridgers at the end to deny some Falkirk player an equaliser. 

Super win....it helps that we actually have a plan B (and I guess Connor Bell gives us a plan C). Another clean sheet, and just the one booking! And now completely safe from any relegation play-off anxiety. Now comes the two leg battle with Dumbarton, I'll take two narrow 1-0 wins to set up a helluva game against Dunfermline. Whatever happens now we need to keep going with a great run in to emulate what St Mirren did last season and set us up for next.

• Agree 1

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic