ICT Supporters Travel Club

Hearach

Just read today's email from the Chairman. 

Some of the young crew let us down. I know I sound like a boring old fart, but you can't let off fireworks, smoke bombs or whatever they are called. At least there wasn't any vandalism like the County game after the split. Time the numpties responsible for numpty behaviour grew up or spent Saturday afternoon bursting their zits, instead of annoying us decent ICT fans, plus the stewards and fans of other teams at the grounds we visit when playing away.  If they are known, don't let them on the supporters buses in the first place. Plenty of cells for them in Inverness nick if need be.  :redcard: 

Edited by Guest

The club statement is possibly the most proactive we've seen - this has been brewing since last season with there being several incidents of similar behaviour. At both home and away games last year and into this we've seen and heard some unacceptable chants and abuse at players - a standout for me was last year at Pittodrie and the abuse singled out at the ex-ICT players especially Shinnie & Storey,

These appear to be daft wee boys but need to be dealt with hard, we cannot be seen to dismiss or belittle the behaviour as the exuberance of youth because the youngsters of today seem to be just like sheep and will grow and follow if it means social media popularity. Hopefully the club ban these idiots before they tarnish the good club reputation and it stops them visiting a club where their fans take offense and  end up with someone getting injured or hospitalised - whether from our side or another and most likely an innocent party.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Having been at the game, I was sickened to see the behaviour of some of our supporters. ( It was a minority ). If they can be identified I think the club should hand out some punishment to them.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

It's not the first time that D&E have had to bill the travel club for buses (according to some this time though, it was just stickers - pwopa nawty!).  A few months back they sent a bill for nearly £200 for damages for a variety of things, including the actions of some moron who thought it would be a good idea to break the glass case and try to take the emergency hammer...

Edited by Renegade
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

As someone has already said, this has been brewing from last season and these so called supporters also seemed to have damaged one of the buses taking them to the game, how stupid is that. Someone on here will know who they are and, if so, needs to let the club know. While we need younger fans to help create an atmosphere, we don't need louts like these

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

The sad thing is that the young crew bring a lot of much needed enthusiasm and atmosphere to the crowd when they behave within the boundaries of acceptable behaviour.  When they do that, they have great fun, the rest of the fans enjoy the atmosphere they create and the guys on the park appreciate the support.  But there will always be a small minority who either have no idea where the boundaries are or a simply hell bent on causing trouble for some reason or other.  When they do that, there are others who either follow like sheep or join in because they aren't mature enough to resit the peer pressure.  The more sensible lads then stay away because they don't want to get sucked into any trouble.  Get rid of the tiny number of ring leaders, the sensible ones will return.  Keep the behaviour within the boundaries and everyone's a winner.

But just to get a bit of balance here, it is not just the young lads whose behaviour is not always within the boundaries of acceptable behaviour.  Some of the abuse shouted at players, officials and opposition fans by much older fans would get them evicted if they behaved like that in their care homes.  It is not a good example.  When some of our more senior fans behave in such a disrespectful way and escape any kind of censure, is it any wonder that the youngsters choose to break through the boundaries too?

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

and this : http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-35402735

or this : http://www.gov.scot/Publications/2015/06/7094/7 

I have (and continue to) experience 'smoke' at all the Toronto home games.  For years it was banned but still the odd idiot would bring in flares or smoke. It caused a lot of problems at times. The biggest problem of course is that its not 'safe' smoke its road flares or marine flares that burn at ridiculous temperatures and I can personally attest to how scary it is when dripping flares fly over your head .... or its toxic smoke that has sent friends I know to hospital and myself to a friends house for some purely medicinal whisky when perhaps I should have gone to the hospital too !!! I had a voice that James Earl Jones would have been proud of for about a week !!

A couple of years ago, TFC and the supporters got together to discuss the issue and get it under control. I am not party to the discussions as I wasn't involved but the basic outcome was the club trained some of the supporters groups in the safe use of appropriate pyrotechnics - which is smoke not flares. There is a rule for when it can be used (after a goal or other big game event) and of course it cannot  be thrown onto the pitch. It still tastes horrible when it gets to the back of your throat but I am led to believe its 'safer' and it certainly hasnt had the same effect as before ... still probably not good for asthma sufferers though ....

Subsequent to various incidents on Saturday I C T Supporters Travel Club called a committee meeting which will take place this evening. We shall address the matters of concern and once these matters have been dealt with internally we shall issue a statement.

• Agree 2

BUS TO BRECHIN ON SATURDAY 2nd SEPT LEAVES FROM CALEY CLUB AT 9.45am & STADIUM AT 10am 

TO BOOK PHONE  07462 218717 or through

ICT SUPPORTERS TRAVEL CLUB  FACEBOOK PAGE 

Edited by Scotty
added in the missing digit
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, izzy said:

BUS TO BRECHIN ON SATURDAY 2nd SEPT LEAVES FROM CALEY CLUB AT 9.45am & STADIUM AT 10am 

TO BOOK PHONE  07462 21871 or through

ICT SUPPORTERS TRAVEL CLUB  FACEBOOK PAGE 

izzy - you've missed a digit in your mobile number.

• 1 month later...

14/10 Falkirk bus leaves Caley Club 9.45 Stadium 10.00

21/7 Tannaduce bus keaves Caley Club 10.30 Stadium 10.45

Book through Facebook or on 07462218717

Edited by Hearach
Time error

• tm4tj changed the title to ICT Travel Club
  • tm4tj unfeatured and featured this topic
  • tm4tj pinned this topic
  • tm4tj unpinned this topic