12 week minimum ban for standing

Shorty

Is anyone else starting to get quite irritated by this chairman?  Now while it's wrong for fans to be racist, run on the pitch and generally be an idiot, this is once again another vilification of supporters.  How many times has the club released a statement praising its fan base over the course of this season?  None that I can think of.  Yet we've had numerous statements over bad behaviour.  The other week we won the Irn Bru Cup and the first act of the chairman was to release a very ambiguous statement about a rammy in the half time pie queue.  We're apparently trying to attract new fans.  People who are thinking about coming will look at these statements and think 'we aren't going in there with those hooligans'.

It'd be interesting to know what the chairman's football background is.  From the sounds of things,  it doesn't sound like he has one.

Edited by Renegade
  • Agree 8

20 minutes ago, Renegade said:

Is anyone else starting to get quite irritated by this chairman?  Now while it's wrong for fans to be racist, run on the pitch and generally be an idiot, this is once again another vilification of supporters.  How many times has the club released a statement praising its fan base over the course of this season?  None that I can think of.  Yet we've had numerous statements over bad behaviour.  The other week we won the Irn Bru Cup and the first act of the chairman was to release a very ambiguous statement about rammy in the half time pie queue.  We're apparently trying to attract new fans.  People who are thinking about coming will look at these statements and think 'we aren't going in there with those hooligans'.

It'd be interesting to know what the chairman's football background is.  From the sounds of things,  it doesn't sound like he has one.

True story is it any wonder the fans can get disgruntled at times watching some of the "football " that's been served up this season! The entire young teams been banned or stopped coming because there scared to shout killing the atmosphere we did have stone dead

• Funny 1
  • Facepalm 1

3 minutes ago, Renegade said:

The young team was never banned.  Only four, who have since been allowed back.  

Was it take it the rest of them took the huff then no seen them all season apart from club trop that is! Defo need to do something can hear a pin drop in the ground some weeks!

• Disagree 1
  • Facepalm 1

As Renegade says only a small number were actually banned. Most of them were back at the TCS within a couple of weeks.

Crowds have fallen by something like 40% this season which is seriously concerning. Away supports are obviously a lot smaller but the home support seems to have disappeared like snow off a dyke.

It was myself who asked one if the young fans about this on Twitter when they mentioned being threatened with a 12 week ban for standing up. 

Of all the issues we have as a club right now they choose to put energies into this? 

Utter nonsense.

• Agree 6

12 minutes ago, Fraz said:

It was myself who asked one if the young fans about this on Twitter when they mentioned being threatened with a 12 week ban for standing up. 

Of all the issues we have as a club right now they choose to put energies into this? 

Utter nonsense.

No wonder its like a morgue most home games these days! 

• Agree 1

The club has embarrassed themselves with this, apparently they were handed this as they walked into the ground..... superb welcome. Would be interesting to know what the target group for these was....

Like it or not, these fans are the future of our club and need to be encouraged (within the rules) to continue to back the team - yes misbehavior needs to be managed, but  issuing a 'scare' to people who so far this season have sat and watched the game in the same manner as everyone else is ridiculous. Worth pointing out to the chairman that at the Irn-Bru Cup final and the Scottish Cup final the main celebrations from the players was towards those creating the atmosphere - these people cannot be ignored and need to be actively encouraged to attend game and continue to support the team. Already I have noticed that various younger members of the group are now attending Nairn games and trying to bring an atmosphere there which I think says a lot about the welcome they have received from Inverness. It may well be too late to recover the relationship with these fans, but those who are still disgruntled need to be addressed as a priority.   The current board have discussed their priorities as 'improved communication and collaboration with you the fans our most important and valuable asset' but quite frankly I haven't  experienced such a poor relationship between the board and fans since the Mike Smith era. 

A few of my favorite quotes  from our chairman are as follows from his message on the 24th of August.

'I recorded more than 25 subjects for us to follow up and we will get back to you with a list of action points and timescales for delivering them'

'These are all valid issues which we intend to tackle in a priority and managed way'

'It is easy to talk the talk. We have a lot to do to win back your trust by setting out our action plan and delivering this will see us walk the walk'

I'll let you decide if these have been followed through...

Am I right in thinking that all clubs have a Supporters Liasion Officer? Does anybody know this persons remit? I would expect that they should be managing this situation far closer that they appear to be and Liase a lot closer with the current board and the fans who have been disgruntled since day one of this regime.  The fact that this person is so far unknown is laughable and points out that they are clearly failing in this role. 

'Don't be drunk in our ground but our bar is open early tomorrow for you' 

Edited by jamie ictfc
  • Agree 5

No standing, no shouting, no swearing, no being drunk & most of all no guidance on who makes the decisions as to when any activity becomes disruptive enough to warrant action - is it an over zealous steward with no grasp of being a fan or a police complaint. Seems like folks can be selected without clarity and issued action against them.

Thankfully nothing mentioned (yet) about sneaking Werthers into the games...........shhh 

55 minutes ago, jamie ictfc said:

The club has embarrassed themselves with this, apparently they were handed this as they walked into the ground..... superb welcome. Would be interesting to know what the target group for these was....

Handed to them by whom?