Media Coverage

ff
AUDIO COVERAGE
LIVE TEXT (ONLINE)
VIDEO
TEAM LINEUPS
TO FOLLOW

Tweets by @ICTFC

The dream lives on.  I'm actually out of the country for the next two weeks, but you can be sure I'll be following our progress online.  Vital that we win the next two and then we have a fighting chance.  Who would have thought a few weeks ago, that we'd even be daring to dream like this?  Best of luck lads.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Next Tuesday is now the hardest game of the season so far - we must avoid being ambushed. Today was stunning and Nathan's hat trick was the first by an ICT player for some time. Every single player worked very hard but for George, he worked his socks off and whilst he did not score, his workrate was top class.

• Agree 4

Massive difference when we play with width and pace . Thought both fullbacks played really well getting forward.

Calder maybe sold himself for the Dumbarton goal but after that he never put a foot wrong and was always looking to be involved while whipping in some dangerous crosses and was MOTM for me , just shading George whose work rate was phenomenal.

• Like 1

Dunfermline are massive favourites to achieve a play off place - they play us and on the final day entertain Dumbarton who will be focussed on the play off match against the Division 2 play off winners.  Dundee United have come into form and can virtually guarantee 3 points next Tuesday at Brechin. They have a tricky game at QOS but can afford a defeat if they beat Livingston on the last day of the Championship season.

We just have to keep winning and hope and as I said earlier, Dumbarton will provide very stern opposition next Tuesday. The win today keeps our slim hopes alive.

• Agree 2

13 minutes ago, CELTIC1CALEY3 said:

Dunfermline are massive favourites to achieve a play off place - they play us and on the final day entertain Dumbarton who will be focussed on the play off match against the Division 2 play off winners.  Dundee United have come into form and can virtually guarantee 3 points next Tuesday at Brechin. They have a tricky game at QOS but can afford a defeat if they beat Livingston on the last day of the Championship season.

We just have to keep winning and hope and as I said earlier, Dumbarton will provide very stern opposition next Tuesday. The win today keeps our slim hopes alive.

The equation remains the same. Win our four remaining games and we are in the play offs irrespective of what anyone else does.

Still an extremely big ask but we have hit form in the home straight and the confidence from that is now clear to see.

• Like 1

Billy McKay scored a hat-trick against Motherwell in 2013 and our 7-0 win at Ayr United was probably the last time we scored 5 or more. Was that 2010.

Even better, double hat-trick for A Shinnie and G Tade against Killie in a 6-3 win at Rugby Park in 2011.

Great win today.  I don't think we would've come back from a goal down earlier in the season, but now we seem to have the belief that we can get back into the game and score. Some good performances all over the park today. I thought Vigures controlled the whole game and was my man of the match, closely followed by Oakley and Calder and a special mention to Austin for our first hat trick in a long time. We just have to give it all we have now and try win all our remaining matches.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Polo Chick said:

Who can help me as memory not like it used to be ?

1- When was last time ICT scored 5 goals in a league game ?

2 When was last time an ICT player scored a Hat-trick ?

Vigurs got a hat trick away to Dunfermline in the League Cup last season. 

26 minutes ago, KennySim93 said:

Even if we don't make it this season, this run gives me much more confidence going into next season if we can keep the majority of the current squad together with maybe a couple of additions.

Definitely this, we cannot allow ourselves to get carried away thinking a play off place is now expected, we've done incredibly well to get to safety win the cup and now go on a great unbeaten run, and hope realistically to finish as high as possible, anything extra is a bonus. If we fail to secure a play off spot I feel we've done enough to set a platform for starting fresh next season and getting off to the strong start we missed this season and establish ourselves very quickly as a deserved top 3 team at least. Saying that though if the players secure a play off place they will have pulled off an absolutely incredible feat and deserve the full support from every ICT fan in the country and we need to fully get behind everyone of them and that includes polworth, who again today got the brunt of absurd abuse from person(s) after getting a ball to the face. He didn't have his strongest performance granted, but he's still an integral part of our team and my experience of his personality tells me he needs support and encouragement not berating and ridicule. We need to stand behind robbo and the team and do all we can to help them push to the best possible outcome we can. As the old saying goes "United we stand, Divided we fall" 

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

12 minutes ago, CableGuy said:

Definitely this, we cannot allow ourselves to get carried away thinking a play off place is now expected, we've done incredibly well to get to safety win the cup and now go on a great unbeaten run, and hope realistically to finish as high as possible, anything extra is a bonus. If we fail to secure a play off spot I feel we've done enough to set a platform for starting fresh next season and getting off to the strong start we missed this season and establish ourselves very quickly as a deserved top 3 team at least. Saying that though if the players secure a play off place they will have pulled off an absolutely incredible feat and deserve the full support from every ICT fan in the country and we need to fully get behind everyone of them and that includes polworth, who again today got the brunt of absurd abuse from person(s) after getting a ball to the face. He didn't have his strongest performance granted, but he's still an integral part of our team and my experience of his personality tells me he needs support and encouragement not berating and ridicule. We need to stand behind robbo and the team and do all we can to help them push to the best possible outcome we can. As the old saying goes "United we stand, Divided we fall" 

Re Polworth, that dipstick in the stand who sarcastically shouted 'keep your head up' or something similar after Polworth got the ball in the face in the 2nd half - Do one!! Polworth again gave his all and made an excellent contribution today. We don't want or need dipsticks like you. Be a can not a can't!!

Edited by Guest

4 hours ago, RiG said:

Five goals! I should not make it to games more often...

First home game of the season ?

16 minutes ago, ICTGAZ said:

Very good team performance, quite a few in running for MOM, Oakley for work rate, Austin for goals but has to be Vigurs for me, controlled that game and put in a real professional display.

Vigurs was a class above today - Austin took his goals well - Oakley was the old fashioned centre forward - Feel sorry for Polly as he was the hardest working player on the park - ok he makes mistakes but he is a Vigurs in the making and we have to cherish and encourage him. I can't believe some of the stick that he got today.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• tm4tj unpinned this topic