Sign in to follow this  
Caman

Dunfermline game - Free entry?

16 minutes ago, old caley girl said:

I get regular emails from club. I dont know if maybe its an opt in system? I assumed all ST holders got them tbh 

I never get anything from the club.  Not even Christmas cards! 

• Facepalm 1

24 minutes ago, Renegade said:

Obviously on the naughty list. 

Did you stand up at a game? 

• Funny 2

1 hour ago, Renegade said:

To use JFK's quote:  'ask not what your football club can do for you—ask what you can do for your football club.'

Christmas cards were certainly sent out when we were in the SPFL.  

2 minutes ago, CELTIC1CALEY3 said:

To use JFK's quote:  'ask not what your football club can do for you—ask what you can do for your football club.'

We're still in the SPFL 

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

Just now, CELTIC1CALEY3 said:

and this season too 😁

10 hours ago, ictchris said:

I've said this to friends before but not on here - do we have a marketing database, a list of season ticket holders, occasion ticket holders, anything like this?

I don't have a season ticket because I live in Edinburgh but I often buy tickets and I know that the club have my details and have had them for probably more than ten years.  I've never once, not once, been contacted by them with any marketing offers or information.  A few years ago I was working in West London and went to a Brentford game, which requires registering on their website and printing out tickets.  I get emails every week from Brentford, detailing how to buy tickets for that weeks game, pre and post match interviews, offers on new merchandise etc.

In the last five years we've been in two league cup semi-finals and one final, a Scottish up semi-final and final and played in Europe.  We've sold tens of thousands of people tickets for these games, some of whom will be occasional attenders.  Have we ever considered asking people what it would take for them to go from going to the odd game to buying a season ticket?  Maybe we could see people who buy tickets or merchandise and target them with season ticket offers?

I know that this issue has been raised with the club. Similar situation with me, I bought tickets for a Hibs game when ICT didn't have a game on and ever since then I get emails asking me to come along to Easter Road again. I've probably had more emails from Hibs than ICT over the last couple of years.

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, RiG said:

I know that this issue has been raised with the club. Similar situation with me, I bought tickets for a Hibs game when ICT didn't have a game on and ever since then I get emails asking me to come along to Easter Road again. I've probably had more emails from Hibs than ICT over the last couple of years.

There is an email list. It looks like it is in need of an update? 

I understand our social media is now produced by a marketing company and there are consultants involved in marketing at the club. Going by the comments on here they need to up their game! 

Edited by old caley girl

6 hours ago, Fraz said:

Obviously on the naughty list. 

Did you stand up at a game? 

Caught disrespecting a minutes silence while committing credit card fraud.

• Funny 2

21 hours ago, RiG said:

Definetly something the club badly needs to work on, I've bought tickets online once (must have been for a cup game as I've had a season ticket since 2015) & never had any marketing emails at all....

On 18/04/2018 at 10:19 PM, Kingsmills said:

Season tickets have been around for decades.

On 18/04/2018 at 9:08 PM, old caley girl said:

Hmmm I had a membership ie season ticket for Caledonian in the HL. So not sure this strictly true? 

What I meant, as I too had a season ticket with Inverness Thistle (and these also doubled as membership of the social club/club depending on the level chosen) is that the majority of fans just turned up and paid. For the bigger clubs, at the time, the introduction of all seated stadiums led to a big increase in season tickets to enable the supporter to sit in the same seat each week. This then started to become the norm for a lot of fans.