Scotty

6 hours ago, Scarlet Pimple said:

Hearty congratulations  to all in the team! And, of course, John Robertson who has clearly worked very hard to get this far after a poor start. Very gratifying for him indeed. If it all works out according to plan then John will definitely have a bright future with  ICT

My heart started to palpate when I finished reading this thread!   Goodness Gracious, must be life in the old dog yet?

Saturday is massive. Will be fantastic if the stadium is packed to the gunwales. This team deserves it fully. How I wish I could come over the Pond for this one. I mean standing beside  IHE is worth the thousands of miles alone. :lol::wave:

Exciting. YESSSSSS.

Well said, Sir! 

I'm glad that those who were enthusiastically posting on the 'Robertson Out' thread earlier in the season have cause to think again....

Gutted I can't go on Saturday as I'm working :cry:

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, HawkeyeTheGnu said:

Yes, but it really is one game at a time from now.

100%...and you only have to look at last weekend where we had 3 suspensions to cover to see the squad is capable of adapting.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, TheMantis said:

Gutted to miss that one. Did we have many there?

More than I expected after the postponement on Tuesday. I'm always terrible at estimating these things, but maybe 60?

As Caley Stan says, it was an utterly dominant performance, but I think we'll probably need to be more clinical on Saturday than we were last night; although, assuming Dunfermline actually come out at us more than Dumbarton did, then we might get more space in which to break and create. Difficult to believe we're in this position, really - if we were to complete the eight in a row we need to make the play-off, it would be some achievement for this squad. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, alternative maryhill said:

Difficult to believe we're in this position, really - if we were to complete the eight in a row we need to make the play-off, it would be some achievement for this squad. 

Some achievement for any team in this league! I just checked to make sure but so far we are the ONLY team in the Championship to win 5 consecutive league matches this season. St Midden and the Pars have both had 4 consecutive wins (they also both have 5 but they included diddy cup wins against lower league and non-league sides) - Dunfermline are currently on their 4 match unbeaten run so the next one couldn't be much tougher. Livi, the Arabs, Morton and QotS have had 3 match winning streaks but none of the others have anything as fine as this classy CaleyJags run.

We've gone 9 unbeaten on the trot since the 1-0 defeat at East End Park with only away draws at the Midden and Tannadice spoiling the 100% record, and picked up a trophy on the way. That really shows how this season has been turned around - impressive by any standards!  :smile:

Edited by CaleyCanary

1 hour ago, alternative maryhill said:

More than I expected after the postponement on Tuesday. I'm always terrible at estimating these things, but maybe 60?

As Caley Stan says, it was an utterly dominant performance, but I think we'll probably need to be more clinical on Saturday than we were last night; although, assuming Dunfermline actually come out at us more than Dumbarton did, then we might get more space in which to break and create. Difficult to believe we're in this position, really - if we were to complete the eight in a row we need to make the play-off, it would be some achievement for this squad. 

I'd say closer to 100. There must have been 25ish on the bus alone. 

Plus Moff counts for 10 for his contributions. 

I have a season ticket for home games, but I hardly ever go to away games - the time and money commitment is more than I could manage.

However I often think about how impressive the level of commitment from fans who travel to all the away games is, especially on the coldest of winter days or when away matches are cancelled at short notice. Well done and thanks to those of you who fly the flag for Caley Thistle at games around the country throughout the season.

• Agree 3

6 hours ago, Eagle4Caley said:

This time tomorrow I'll be waiting to board my plane at Luton Airport, It's great that I have managed to arrange a trip up for such an important match

C'mon U Caley! :ictscarf:

Good for you Mike.  Enjoy.  I' m currently on hols overseas, otherwise I would have joined you for this one.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Eagle4Caley said:

This time tomorrow I'll be waiting to board my plane at Luton Airport, It's great that I have managed to arrange a trip up for such an important match

C'mon U Caley! :ictscarf:

Hope you bring good luck to the lads. Enjoy your trip. :ictscarf:

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic