Inverness CT -V- Dunfermline

Scotty

16 minutes ago, Kind of Blue said:

Proud of the team today.  They gave their all but as we all know the damage was done at the start of the season.

The positives for me are:

The genuine team spirit

Ridgers - class keeper

Austin - looks like he can score goals

Donaldson - Is going to get better and better

A great midfield of Vigurs and Polworth.

Fully agree with those positives. It's more the negatives that, if rumours are to be believed, are uppermost in my mind right now:shithitsfan:

• Agree 1

Yeah I have to say I'm feeling super positive today for the future. 

1. Stable team with good continuity for next season.

2. Responsive and communicative board that understand the fans.

3. Financially secure. 

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

4 hours ago, Fraz said:

Yeah I have to say I'm feeling super positive today for the future. 

1. Stable team with good continuity for next season.

2. Responsive and communicative board that understand the fans.

3. Financially secure. 

As far as points 2 and 3 are concerned, you must be listening to a very different drum beat to the rest of us.

Edited by Kingsmills
  • Funny 1

9 minutes ago, Blair said:

Never won but still a good result.  Not sure if promotion still possible this season but if not I think they will get promoted next season.

'They', don't you mean 'We'? :ictscarf:

Edited by Guest

What a great game of football with much excitement.

To lose(well it feels like that) in the final minute of 5 mins of added time is so so disappointing for the club, the players and the supporters.

Hope we can retain most of yesterdays players for next season.

Thought we started far to casually for such an important game. Dunfermline seemed much more fired up and it wasn't a suprise when they took the lead. Lack of communication from the thrown (personally I think Polly was lazy not taking a man) lead to the goal. Scumbag Higginbotham doing his usual scummy thing seemed to fire up both the players and crowd abit. We were getting into the game without creating anything when Chalmers pinged one in. Game changer, you could sense the pendulum swing and the pars started to doubt themselves. 2nd half we started well, great play by Austin to win the ball out wide and drive in on goal, rather than look sideways for a pass. Took his shot early and caught the keeper of guard it seemed. Buzzing!! Would have to agree the substitutions were pretty ineffectual. Why did Calder put the ball out for their player, gladly this has stopped and although I was ragin with the pars players not returning the ball I was more than pissed off with Calder for being so naive. Seemed like a soft free kick which led to the goal. Gutting, especially with other results going our way for once, but deep down I knew we wouldn't quite make it. It's still a great run of results, we need to ensure a 5th place finish now. Top marks to the front two, Doran, Trafford, tremarco and Coll. Great fighting spirit from everyone, as fans, that's all we ask for. Perform with that desire every week there will be few boo boys regardless of the result.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

14 hours ago, CaleyD said:

Today wasn't where it went wrong.

In the proverbial Feckin nutshell. Harsh perhaps but that may well have been a very apt way for our season to come to an end. As RIG alluded to how many more pressure games could we have tolerated. Well I was sitting in a pub in Chorley, watching Sky Sports, all the other Scottish scores fly through and the last Feckin goal has to be a Fife hairdresser. All good things come to an end they say. But hopefully April 2018 is a new beginning. And we now have to ensure that our pre-season shambles of the last few seasons are not repeated. Surely the battle call to all squad players at the present time is to stick together and dangle the 2019 carrot of the SPL in front of them.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

Got back early this morning from my trip up.....enjoyed the whole thing (except the 95th minute). It was a strange type of game from two evenly matched teams, I have to say the pitch wasn't doing us any favours, and even the ball seemed to be un-inflated, with many kicks sounding very flat (just me obviously). Dunfermline shaded the first half I felt, they certainly looked dangerous going forward, then we had a 20-25min period in th second half where we were on a different (higher) level to Dunfermline, particularly Austin, his goal was ...what can I say , 'Wow!'. Once he had to come off though I felt there was a subtle change in the balance of the game. Even then we had good opportunities to put the game to bed, and Dunfermline only really looked like scoring from a dead ball, but we started to sit back and give free-kicks away....just when I thought we had seen the game out, then cames the killer blow (it really is like watching my other team sometimes!).

In the first half Tremarco seemed to be having a tough battle with their wide player, but got to grips in the second half, likewise Seedorf was poor first half but much improved 2nd. OK perfomances in midfield, great free kick by Chalmers, Trafford fairly solid, Polworth probably put in the bigger shift, Doran a bit slow at times, but a real threat.

Not sure whether Mackay was the right substituion, earlier in the season Bell would have had been a sure thing, he may have gone off the boil a bit, but I still hope we keep him, as he and Mackay offer something different to Oakley (who put in a real shift) and Austin (who looks a really decent player, why did Fallkirk let him go??). I don't think Ridgers did much wrong (though not a convincing attaempt to stop the first goal...was there a deflection?), but he's gone from being very much written off as a goalkeeper at the start of the season to almost a cult hero....that's good work in my book!

In theory we still have a very small chance of getting into the play-offs, but it needs something special from the Dumbo's and us to win our last two...even then the play-offs are a real long-haul, and would we be ready for the SPL?. In reality after the chaos and dismay of relegation and the close season, we have come out of this season, with a decent looking squad, with some really promising prospects, that given another season should push on to better more consistent performancesand a rekindled team spirit...I'm sure there'll be a couple of twists over the close season, keeping Vigurs would be great, but who knows. Anyway I'm already looking forward to next season, with a bit more expectation.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

4 hours ago, Blair said:

Never won but still a good result.  

What planet are you on? It’s not a good result, it’s a dreadful result which could well have dire consequences for the club going forward. 

• Agree 6
  • Disagree 1

9 minutes ago, Renegade said:

What planet are you on? It’s not a good result, it’s a dreadful result which could well have dire consequences for the club going forward. 

To be fair, maybe he meant to say a good performance which, by and large, it was. Some people may not be the best with the written word.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Facepalm 1

Disappointing result yesterday, end to the winning run and play offs unlikely now. But I'm proud of my team and how far we've come since this time last year. Certainly more positive. From no chairman, hardly any players, directors leaving, questions over the season tickets. Then for us to appoint a chairman for him to leave just 3 months later and on the park struggling. Dumfermline putting 5 past us. I thought it would be a long season. However, since then Robbo has got a settled side keeping clean sheets. Winning games and got us playing again. Putting a smile on the fans faces again. Mulraneys late winner against Falkirk recently, been a while since I’ve smiled that much watching caley. Also cup final win was fully deserved.A few stand out performances this season, thought Donaldson has been a breathe of fresh air since he's come into the centre of defence. We won't go up this year and to be honest we might not be ready yet but I'm excited for next season. 

Edited by ICT94Scott
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

To be fair, maybe he meant to say a good performance which, by and large, it was. Some people may not be the best with the written word.

When's big Blair and his polecat pumping his millions into the club?  That's what I want to know!

• Funny 1

Like everyone, I’m gutted and not really much improved in the cold light of day.  But I was at the opener in Dunfermline when they pumped us 5-1 and when you see how far we’ve come since then it’s like night and day. Agree we need to hang on to all the squad and let’s hope we can do that. Officials were poor, no question about it and not convinced of the free kick award BUT we gave it away too cheaply in the lead up to it and as someone alluded to, the “central belt” teams are perhaps more savvy at selling the ref?  Still hope, although slim but in reality I’m thinking Div1 champs next year is more realistic. Proud of the boys and Robbo and his staff today. ?????

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, ICTPAISLEY said:

Just curious, how many of the top 6 teams have we beaten this season? 

St Mirren 3 losses (1 with 10 men) and 2-2 Draw from 0-2 down
Livingston 2 Draws and 1 Loss (play next Tuesday)
Dundee Utd 2 Wins 1 Draw 1 Loss (1st match of the season which people who were there said we should have won)
Dunfermline 1 Win 1 Draws, 2 Losses (inc our biggest defeat)
Morton 1 Draw 2 Losses (play on Saturday)
Q0S  2 Wins 2 Draws

Hopefully we can end the season with 2 wins to leave St Mirren as the only top team to not incur a defeat

• Agree 1

Probably Doofers Dad's post sums things up best for yesterday. Dunfermline were there for the taking and had Daniel McKay taken his chance, which nine times out of 10 he will, we would all be much happier today. Unfortunately, it was not to be. Some posters are alluding to rumours about players leaving and not being able to maintain the squad which would be hugely unfortunate if that were to happen. However, we found players who, while taking a while to settle, came on in leaps and bounds so who is to say JR cannot do the same next season with more time to do so. The worry is the financial situation, again, I have no insight into this, but this is where we, as fans, can help by renewing our season tickets, turning up to games in increased numbers to try and mitigate the financial impact.

Finally, I have to comment on the refereeing yet again. Finnie was astonishingly poor yesterday along with the stand side linesman. The inconsistency of Finnie, where he would give some fouls and ignore similar ones was really poor. The fact that both he and the linesman missed clear shirt pulls on Oakley and Polworth on numerous occasions, shouldn't say missed as they must have been seen but just not given, was just pure incompetence. As the game wore on , the number of soft or non fouls given to Dunfermline increased leading to the possibility of them scoring and that was what happened. Ref didn't score the goal but certainly gave Dunfermline a helping hand as if the foul that led to their goal was given, why weren't the shirt pulls on Oakley and Polworth?. That isn't paranoia, just fact. Even our bookings today were incredibly soft compared to other incidents in the game. I am not saying Finnie was biased, just totally incompetent and not for the first time. I have also read today that Hamilton were denied a stonewall penalty against Partick and the referee stated that he hadn't given a penalty as the Hamilton players didn't seem to appeal enough. If that is true, it just sums up the dreadful state of refereeing in Scotland.

• Like 2
  • Agree 4

Let's pray for 2 wins and for Dunfermline to crumble against Dumbarton.

Failing that unlikely scenario, let's be positive and look forward to 18/19 with positivity and a return the top division.

I am also a long time Spurs fan, so it hasn't been the best of weekends.........................

• Like 1

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic