Why Broonie shouldn't leave Caley

Guest caleycallum

Guest caleycallum

Well, he wouldn't have as good a defence in front of him so he would lose more goals, although it would give him a chance to make some of his spectacular saves he can only pull them off every so often, and if he lost more goals it gives him less chance of getting into the Scotland squad.

Write down some more if u can think of any.

I would be pretty gutted if he did go but I wonder if he is thinking what more can he achieve at Inverness? We aren't going to break into the top 3 or 4 teams in Scotland realistically and Mark may want to test himself at a higher level to try and force his way into future Scotland squads. While it is of course possible he could do all that here at ICT he might feel he stands a better chance at a more high profile club.

However he is enjoying some of the best football of his career so why would he want to ruin that? I'm trying to be optimistic here! :wink:

Brown is not an outstanding player in our squad, it could be argued we don't have any, based on current form (a few months ago it was Black, a few weeks ago it was Dargo and Dods has been consistent rather than outstanding).

It was Brown's balls up against the Dons blew our top six place (maybe a bit harsh). He still isn't commanding his area and communicating well with the back four - frequently getting in a tangle with Dods. He had a poor game in the future's match.

Watching our game against Hearts, showed us that Craig Gordon is a class above Brown.

Don't take this too negatively, Brown is a good keeper, it just brasses me off to hear rumours that certain players can do better else where.

Brown has kept us in many games this season with excellent saves. It's easy to pick out moments such as the Aberdeen game (I would say that Grant was 50% to blame for the mix up) where Mark has made a mistake. However, his overall performance this season has been of a high standard and the 10 cleansheets are a testament to this.

IMO, Brown must be in our top 3 performers of the season.

All of the above may have flirted with the top 4 but look whats happened to all of them overspent to overachieve gone/nearly gone bust.

I am happy at the moment to consolidate in the spl and then if finances /crowds grow look to the top 4

Mark Brown I would hope will stay but if not hey lets move on i am sure we can find a good replacement out there .mabye Fraser could step up to the mark

RiG, this is a very negative comment:

We aren't going to break into the top 3 or 4 teams in Scotland realistically

Why the **** not. Falkirk, St. Johnston, St Mirren, Both Dundee teams, Dunfermline and even Livi have done it so why shouldn't we.

Money Alex. The OF are able to outspend all of us and Hearts are entering the ring now. We can't compete with that. At an absolute push we might get 4th but I really can't see us bettering that.

However if the OF do feck off somewhere else and Romanov gets bored of Hearts then who knows. But for now they are top dogs and will be for a wee bittie yet I feel.

It has a huge say in what you can achieve though. Hearts would not be in the position they are now if it wasn't for Romanovs cash. They might even be higher if he wasn't mad.

Not denying that money makes it easier to compete, but we have proven that lack of it doesn't make it impossible. We have already achieved what many thought was inachievable for us, who says we have to stop where we are, and who says we can't push on further without more money?

If money came in then I have no doubt we could go on to bigger and better things. I am simply giving me opinion as things stand at the minute. Wonder if David Sutherland fancies trying to tempt Zidane out of retirement? :lol:

Guest Caley83

If Brown leaves we'll get a fair price for him!

Give Fraser a chance, I was in Glenurquart primay with him and I told him he would play in goal for Caley one day!

He said "no way i'm not that good"

Caley were in the Highland league at the time!!!

Was glad to hear Brown's comments about staying, 'cos I honestly think it would be a disaster if he were to go. He's probably the main reason we've been so strong at the back for the past two years. We've got ready made replacements for Dods and, to some extent, Blackie at the mo, but Dargo's goals and Brown's constistancy would be very hard to replace. I'd leave the cash and keep the players thanks!